Options

Replies

• tanyaMax
    tanyaMax Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    YUM!!!
  • 99Tinkerbell
    Options
    BUMP can' t wait to make these put ingredients in shopping list... Thanks for sharing
  • Soccer_chick916
    Soccer_chick916 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    bump. thank you this sounds great!!!
  • Hun8bee
    Hun8bee Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Those sound super!!! I think am gonna try and use Stevia in THE RAW. it's more natural. thanks again.
  • KatieWH
    KatieWH Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    just tried this and OMG, it is yummy.

I cup canned pumpkin
    2 egg whites
    4oz. unsweetened almond milk
    2oz. s/f vanilla creamer. (could use all almond milk)
    1/3 c splenda
    1/2 t salt, ginger, cinnamon
    pinch of cloves.

Mix all together, put in 4 custard cups, (i sprayed mine) put in a pan, fill with about a inch of water. Bake about 45 mins. or until a knife comes out clean.
    It would be really good with some sugar free cool whip, but i don't trust myself to have that in the house.
    Comes in @ 61 calories.

That sounds delicious!
  • tammihart
    tammihart Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Posting so I can find it later
  • SarahMorganP
    SarahMorganP Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    I don't bake, or really cooks so forgive me for the dumb questions but I want to make these and don't want to screw them up! LOL

Where do you get custard cups? Are they about the same size as muffin tins? Could you use muffin tins instead? When you say fill with an inch of water you mean the pan you put the custard cups in right? Not the custard cups? Sorry if those are really silly questions but these sound yummy! :smile:
  • SarahMorganP
    Options
    I looked for custard cups at the store today and there weren't any. Where do you get them?
  • kittyloo123
    kittyloo123 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    a custard cup, is anything that is small and ovenproof. I used small pyrex cups. ceramic/glass is prefered.
    Yes, put the pumpkin mix in the cups, set them in the pan, then add about a inch of water to the big pan. You want to let the custard cups sit in the water, and take a bath.
  • clairibou1
    Options
    YESSSSS i <3 pumpkin! :):):)
  • joannashaw
    Options
    bump
  • TamaraGraceS
    TamaraGraceS Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    bump
  • SarahMorganP
    Options
    a custard cup, is anything that is small and ovenproof. I used small pyrex cups. ceramic/glass is prefered.
    Yes, put the pumpkin mix in the cups, set them in the pan, then add about a inch of water to the big pan. You want to let the custard cups sit in the water, and take a bath.

Thank you. So wouldn't muffin tins work? Or are those too small?
  • jojopel
    jojopel Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing
  • nancymmorris
    Options
    Sounds so yummy. Have pumpkin in my fridge, going to try these this morning.
  • hfrost1978
    Options
    bump
  • jayliospecky
    jayliospecky Posts: 25,022 Member
    Options

Thank you. So wouldn't muffin tins work? Or are those too small?

Muffin tins wouldn't be preferred because you would probably eat this dessert with a spoon and it probably won't pop out as nicely as a muffin would. Also, it's easier to use the custard cups to do the water bath idea. I think most custard cups hold about a cup of whatever, so muffin tins would likely be too small, as well.
  • SarahMorganP
    Options
    Thanks janelliospecky!

I just made these but I only had sugar/splenda blend, so I used that. Next time I will either get only splenda or I will use 1/2 the amount because it was way too sweet for me. Still very yummy though! My husband thought it was perfect and was really happy that he could eat it since it is gluten free! My calories came to 149 per serving though, I am assuming that is from not using 100% splenda? That is a big difference from 61 calories!
  • lisabstrong
    lisabstrong Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    bump...took me forever to find this again!
  • lisabstrong
    lisabstrong Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    bump...took me forever to find this again!