FIT LIFE CHALLENGE WEEK TWO [CLOSED]

Options
Hey everybody, I have to be up super early for work in the morning so I am posting the challenges for WEEK TWO tonight.

Diet: Time to work on EMOTIONAL EATING. If you are feeling sad or happy, upset, hopeless, or any emotion that makes you want to “Eat your feelings” STOP. Take a step back, take a deep breath, and ask yourself WHY you want to eat what you are about to eat. Are you eating because you feel emotional? Is there something healthier that will satisfy you? I know that most of us struggle with this. We need to work on it now and get rid of the emotional cravings that hold us back from reaching our goals.

What do you do to distract yourself from emotional eating?

Fitness: Try something new this week. Have you always wanted to try a boot camp class but were afraid you might not be able to keep up? Try a new class at your gym this week, or a new video at home. Try something you have always wanted to do or maybe even something you never thought you would like. Don’t worry about how you might look or if you might not be able to keep up with the others. “Remember, even champions were once beginners.” (I heard that on my daughter’s Mickey Mouse Mousercise CD haha)

Life: Most of us said that we were STRESSED. This week’s Life Challenge is to STOP PROCRASTINATING. We are all busy and tired. We work hard, take care of the kids and do our best to be our best, but one of my biggest problems is procrastination. This week we are going to stop putting things off and take care of them when you think of them. Make yourself a “to do list” this week if you have to. Whether it’s a phone call you need to make or a bill you keep meaning to pay, whatever it is that you’ve been putting off, take care of it. Then take a big sigh of relief and smile as you feel the weight lifting off of your shoulders. : )

Make sure to weigh in today and post your results on this thread. If you are uncomfortable posting your weight then you can always just post how much you have lost. Under your weigh in info please tell us a little bit about your week. How did you do with the challenges and how do you feel? I am SO excited to see all of your results!

PS. If there is something you are struggling with or you have a suggestion for next weeks challenges please send me a message with the info so that we can all work through it together as a team. : )

Replies

• PositivePower
    PositivePower Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    Hey Friends!!! Seeing the light at the end of the tunnel!!! Friday is in site :love: why

Claire - Oh My were you in the hospital for your asthma??? So glad you are feeling better! Keep up the good work staying clear of that junk food. Once your better it's work out time girl :bigsmile:

Loredana - The pizza does sound yummy! I Love pizza, so I will have to be careful.

I started this most recent journey...been here several times before, with a mind set of trying to trade out my addiction. FOOD, I would think why can't I be addicted to something like exercise why don't I make my portions smaller??? I think maybe the exercise focus is here. I am so on board with the fitness challenge, a few weeks ago I pushed myself to get to a spin class. I was nervous but spoke up and asked the instructor for help setting up the bike and I did it, I have been 4 times so far. Also my running class was another outside my confort zone move. I think it is soooo important to push ourselves to try new things!!!

I am now working out 5-6 days a week. I wasn't feeling 100% again today, so I was going to take the night off to rest. Well I couldn't!!!!!! I skipped my gym class with the tough instructor, but took a 2.5 mile walk with a huge hill and burned some calories. Now I am being inspired by you guys and the Biggest Loser.

And with the emotional eating thing - remember the quote I posted earlier (I think) IF HUNGERY ISN'T THE PROBLEM, EATING IS NOT THE SOLUTION!!!!!!

I am so excited to weigh in tomorrow...how weird!!!!! I think I am finally getting some results!!! Have a good night!! You guys are awesome!

Judy
  • xBeautifulBreakdown
    Options
    Hey Friends!!! Seeing the light at the end of the tunnel!!! Friday is in site :love: why

Claire - Oh My were you in the hospital for your asthma??? So glad you are feeling better! Keep up the good work staying clear of that junk food. Once your better it's work out time girl :bigsmile:

Loredana - The pizza does sound yummy! I Love pizza, so I will have to be careful.

I started this most recent journey...been here several times before, with a mind set of trying to trade out my addiction. FOOD, I would think why can't I be addicted to something like exercise why don't I make my portions smaller??? I think maybe the exercise focus is here. I am so on board with the fitness challenge, a few weeks ago I pushed myself to get to a spin class. I was nervous but spoke up and asked the instructor for help setting up the bike and I did it, I have been 4 times so far. Also my running class was another outside my confort zone move. I think it is soooo important to push ourselves to try new things!!!

I am now working out 5-6 days a week. I wasn't feeling 100% again today, so I was going to take the night off to rest. Well I couldn't!!!!!! I skipped my gym class with the tough instructor, but took a 2.5 mile walk with a huge hill and burned some calories. Now I am being inspired by you guys and the Biggest Loser.

And with the emotional eating thing - remember the quote I posted earlier (I think) IF HUNGERY ISN'T THE PROBLEM, EATING IS NOT THE SOLUTION!!!!!!

I am so excited to weigh in tomorrow...how weird!!!!! I think I am finally getting some results!!! Have a good night!! You guys are awesome!

Judy

Judy, I am so inspired by reading about your awesome work outs. I am going to figure something out to exercise more often. You are doing great! also, I LOVE that quote! I am going to put it on my fridge and anywhere else I can think to write it. It is so simple and so true. I think gym classes are awesome, I am going to see about signing back up at the gym. I work much harder during classes than I do on my own. Excited to see your results in the morning!
  • sidddiq
    Options
    Hi there,

My last week performance was as follows

1) Going to the gym six times a week and burn 900 calories

2) one hour ground ab exercises ( AB blaster)

3) Sleeping 8 hrs or more ( sometimes)

With that said i lost 0.7 kg since my last weigh in ( 70.5 kg) now i weigh 69.8 kg. As i said i will be the first one to post my results because Friday falls first on my side due to the timing difference, and as promised i have posted my results.

I will be cheating today as Friday is usually my cheat day.
  • lemonadem
    lemonadem Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Hey everybody, I have to be up super early for work in the morning so I am posting the challenges for WEEK TWO tonight.

Diet: Time to work on EMOTIONAL EATING. If you are feeling sad or happy, upset, hopeless, or any emotion that makes you want to “Eat your feelings” STOP. Take a step back, take a deep breath, and ask yourself WHY you want to eat what you are about to eat. Are you eating because you feel emotional? Is there something healthier that will satisfy you? I know that most of us struggle with this. We need to work on it now and get rid of the emotional cravings that hold us back from reaching our goals.

What do you do to distract yourself from emotional eating?

Fitness: Try something new this week. Have you always wanted to try a boot camp class but were afraid you might not be able to keep up? Try a new class at your gym this week, or a new video at home. Try something you have always wanted to do or maybe even something you never thought you would like. Don’t worry about how you might look or if you might not be able to keep up with the others. “Remember, even champions were once beginners.” (I heard that on my daughter’s Mickey Mouse Mousercise CD haha)

Life: Most of us said that we were STRESSED. This week’s Life Challenge is to STOP PROCRASTINATING. We are all busy and tired. We work hard, take care of the kids and do our best to be our best, but one of my biggest problems is procrastination. This week we are going to stop putting things off and take care of them when you think of them. Make yourself a “to do list” this week if you have to. Whether it’s a phone call you need to make or a bill you keep meaning to pay, whatever it is that you’ve been putting off, take care of it. Then take a big sigh of relief and smile as you feel the weight lifting off of your shoulders. : )

Make sure to weigh in today and post your results on this thread. If you are uncomfortable posting your weight then you can always just post how much you have lost. Under your weigh in info please tell us a little bit about your week. How did you do with the challenges and how do you feel? I am SO excited to see all of your results!

PS. If there is something you are struggling with or you have a suggestion for next weeks challenges please send me a message with the info so that we can all work through it together as a team. : )

Good morning everyone!

So I didn't have time to weigh in this morning, I will do it as soon as I get home tonight! I'm very excited For week two challenges- they are great ones!! I just signed up for a new gym, so I am excited to try something new there! (Love the Mickey quote by the way!) Procrastination is a huge habit of mine.. so I will definitely take the challenge to improve on that this week, and get some things accomiplished!

Looking forward to reading everyone's successes! Yay for week two already!!

xx, Emily
  • lemonadem
    Options
    Hi there,

With that said i lost 0.7 kg since my last weigh in ( 70.5 kg) now i weigh 69.8 kg. As i said i will be the first one to post my results because Friday falls first on my side due to the timing difference, and as promised i have posted my results.

Congrats on the loss!! That's fantastic!
  • lemonadem
    Options

Awesome quote Judy, Love it!!
  • AMoore33
    AMoore33 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I was so happy to see the challenge this week. I had actually just posted on my wall about "stress eating" when I'm feeling under the weather. I did great at the beginning of the week but once I started feeling a little run down, I let my guard down and started with the fast food. Because of this, I weighed in this morning at 164, which was my starting weight for the challenge but a three-pound increase from my last weigh in. I'm sure some of it may be fluid retention since I've had so much sodium and am sick but still....no excuse!

Starting today, I will get back on track and evaluate why I'm eating what I'm eating as suggested in this week's challenge. I will take time to rest a little to give my immune system some time to fight off whatever is going on.

I hope everyone has an awesome weekend!

Cheers,
    Angela
  • Trillian73
    Trillian73 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Last week's challenges:

I exercised 6 out of the 7 days, got about 7 hours of sleep each night. Weighed in today at 272.5, a loss of 2 pounds for the week.

Looking forward to this week's challenges. They're great ones!
  • lorika1977
    lorika1977 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Hi there,

Excellent loss!!! That would be 1.5 lbs in the standard system (love the metric system btw!!) in a week is very good. It sounds like you are pumping some iron when you go to the gym ... good for you!
    Great week for you - you are now allowed to cheat a little :)
    Loredana
  • lorika1977
    Options

I exercised 6 out of the 7 days, got about 7 hours of sleep each night. Weighed in today at 272.5, a loss of 2 pounds for the week.

Congrats - awesome loss! Keep it up for the next week! :)
    Loredana
  • lorika1977
    Options
    Hello everyone!

Had another good swim morning, and now I am totally sore, even more than yesterday. I love seeing my progress in swimming - in February this year I didn't know how to swim (other than floating ...). I joined a swim class which was mainly catered to experienced swimmers, but the coach, being the amazing person that he is, opened it to everybody. So, here I was, doing my doggie paddle, along with the college proffesional swimmers. Should I mentioned how embarrased I was? But, my good side of the brain said that I should just stick with it. And I did .... first I would swim 4 pool lenghs with a 30 sec break in between. Than I would need a break of 1 min because I was exhausted. I would swim a total of maybe 500 yards in 1 hour.
    But I was determined to get better. I am far from where I want to be, but now my average is 2300 yards in 60 minutes, and when I push myself, I get up to 2800 - 3000 yards.
    The coach says that a swimmer reaches the peak of his or her pereformance in 4 years .... so I have a ways to go.
    But this whole story is to second what Judy said earlier - you just need to go outside your comfort zone, not care what you think others may say and focus on your goal. The reality is that fit people that live in gyms are the first ones to admire you and acknowledge your progress. They are the last ones to care on how you look because they know how much work it takes.
    So keep at what you are doing and step it up a notch or challenge yourself with something new - this is a great challenge for this week (thank you Julie!!!).

So, my story for this week:

Diet: Been really good and proud of myself. Stayed in line pretty much the entire week. Last Friday I was at 168.5 (not 168 as I wrote down ... I think in my mind I was just dreaming 168 :)) and this morning, with my swimsuit on I was at 166.5 - 2 lbs lost!!!

Fitness: Went 6 days to the gym last week (Monday - Sunday) and 3 days this week so far. I will hit it again tomorrow and Sunday.

Life: I didn't even enroll into the whole sleeping more challenge ... I think right now I am getting the most sleep that I can get with my lifestyle. I am usually in bed by 10.30 - 11.00 and up at 4.30 - 5.00. So, 6 hours for me during the week and maybe 8 in the week-end. It's not that bad when you have two little ones, two full time jobs, my husband has a side business and I am starting my photography / imaging services business too .... I will say though that if I am really tired one morning I will just stay in and sleep. I know that without sleep I will eat more.

This week's challenge that appeals to me the most is combating procrastination. I do have several projects I need to finish which I have been putting aside for a while and will need to finish. And, I want to see how much I can lose this week. My weekly goal is 1 lbs but if I can do more without starving, I am game.

Can't even tell you how much I like this challenge and how well it works for me "talking" to you guys every day ..

Happy Friday!
    Loredana
  • lorika1977
    Options

Judy

Judy, can't wait to see your progress with running and spinning. If you are able to add swimming at some point, you are ready for a triathlon :)
    Anyway, you couldn't have said it better - just push yourself, do things that you never thought you could and then you will see change.
    Great job this week!

Loredana
  • carolmmd
    Options
    I weighed 177.7 today. Yeah!! I have a big challenge ahead of me this weekend. Going on a 3 days girl's golf weekend. Have to behave myself cause these girls like to eat and drink!
  • lorika1977
    Options

Now that we are talking pizza, my friend me tought me another trick - she just buys the naan bread (it's a flatbread - indian style), and she adds her cheese, veggies or anything else .... This is another way to still eat pizza but have control over the calories.
    We don't have to be depreived, just inventive :wink:
  • jj1983
    jj1983 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    DIdn't weigh myself today - oooops forgot. I will do it tomorrow. I'm not sure what I weighed exactly last week....I have not been all that fantastic this week. Mostly OK with calories, sticking around 1300-1500/day. Worked out 2 times and took the dog once for a 40 min walk/run session. I do always get at least 7 hours of sleep. I've been trying to reset my body clock to go to bed at 9:30 and wake up at 6.
  • PositivePower
    PositivePower Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    You guys ROCK:bigsmile: Yikes I over looked commenting on the Procastination part of the new weeks challenge...was that on purpose???? I have a huge problem with that! I am going to make a list of the challenges to keep them in front of me!

Loredana - hey I never thought of the triathalon thing...but no way man! :laugh: I love hearing about your swimming! WOW and you are so right we have to go for it and not worry about others. When I joined the gym I tried step. I looked so silly..I was so far off and couldn't get it! I told myself to keep going and it took me about 10-15 classes to get it and I really still don't have it, but I can keep up and have added a step higher :bigsmile:

Still feeling alittle emotional and not myself:frown: to add to things I just got a call from my parents insurance which gave me info to clear up a bill my Dad keeps getting that covered my Mom's ambulance ride last Halloween after her stroke. It is starting to hit me hard all of a sudden that she is gone and it will be a year. I'm sure it's normal but it sucks!

Then there's more..... it's good but emotional too!!!!!!!!!! My 17 year old son is a senior in HS. We are so lucky to have an AMAZING program that teaches about drunk driving. They have this event every two years and they focus on the juniors and seniors. They choose 25 kids total from both classes combine. They are kids from evey social group that would have an inpacked on the school if they were killed by a drunk driver. My son was choosen to participate. It is a secret and a suprise...so don't tell anyone :wink:

It is sooooooooooooo intest, they stage an accident in the parking lot, with kids in the car made up to be dead or injured, the police fire dept corinor and ambulance arrive and take action. They cuff and take the drunk driver to the police station, take the wounded to the hospital and the dead to the morge. My son will be one of the dead and taken in a BODY BAG!!!! :cry: They also have a trial and we are invited to attend...all the kids choosen are at the trial too.

The program is called every 15 mins, because every 15 mins someone is killed by a drunk driver. They rest of the kids chosen are in class...every 15 mins the Crim Reeper comes to class and gets one of them, they are made up with white faces and not allowed to talk to anyone because they are one of the dead. The school is able to see all the white faced kids walking the campus and see how many are effected!!!!!

I think this is soooo amazing and wish every school did this. I could go on, but will know more next week. I am really proud of my son for wanting to do this to help show himself and his classmates how serious this is!!!

BTW.......

CW 186.4.......................3.9# LOSS!!!!!!!!!!!:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :drinker: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

OK I have to focus!!! Thanks for listening or reading. I am working from home so I have to try to give this a break and get some work done.

HAVE A GREAT DAY!!!!!
    Judy
  • mummy_gerdes
    mummy_gerdes Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    hi guys!! congratulations to eveeryone on last weeks challenges!! as you know i havent been able to follow them really well. so i have been out for a few walks and have been getting as much sleep as possible! it sounds as if every one has done really well! i weighed myself to day and my CW is 87.4!! im amazed! thats a 6 pound loss in two weeks!! and 4 in the last week alone! its really working!!! :happy: as for this weeks challenges - i am going to try my best with them all - but please be paitent with me. i will also let you know if i am feeling emotional and want to eat!

good luck everyone and thanks for all your well wishes!

Claire. xxx
  • xBeautifulBreakdown
    Options

You did awesome with all the challenges. Great loss!
  • xBeautifulBreakdown
    Options
    hi guys!! congratulations to eveeryone on last weeks challenges!! as you know i havent been able to follow them really well. so i have been out for a few walks and have been getting as much sleep as possible! it sounds as if every one has done really well! i weighed myself to day and my CW is 87.4!! im amazed! thats a 6 pound loss in two weeks!! and 4 in the last week alone! its really working!!! :happy: as for this weeks challenges - i am going to try my best with them all - but please be paitent with me. i will also let you know if i am feeling emotional and want to eat!

good luck everyone and thanks for all your well wishes!

Claire. xxx

6lbs in 2 week is amazing Claire! great job!
  • xBeautifulBreakdown
    Options
    You guys ROCK:bigsmile: Yikes I over looked commenting on the Procastination part of the new weeks challenge...was that on purpose???? I have a huge problem with that! I am going to make a list of the challenges to keep them in front of me!

Loredana - hey I never thought of the triathalon thing...but no way man! :laugh: I love hearing about your swimming! WOW and you are so right we have to go for it and not worry about others. When I joined the gym I tried step. I looked so silly..I was so far off and couldn't get it! I told myself to keep going and it took me about 10-15 classes to get it and I really still don't have it, but I can keep up and have added a step higher :bigsmile:

Still feeling alittle emotional and not myself:frown: to add to things I just got a call from my parents insurance which gave me info to clear up a bill my Dad keeps getting that covered my Mom's ambulance ride last Halloween after her stroke. It is starting to hit me hard all of a sudden that she is gone and it will be a year. I'm sure it's normal but it sucks!

Then there's more..... it's good but emotional too!!!!!!!!!! My 17 year old son is a senior in HS. We are so lucky to have an AMAZING program that teaches about drunk driving. They have this event every two years and they focus on the juniors and seniors. They choose 25 kids total from both classes combine. They are kids from evey social group that would have an inpacked on the school if they were killed by a drunk driver. My son was choosen to participate. It is a secret and a suprise...so don't tell anyone :wink:

It is sooooooooooooo intest, they stage an accident in the parking lot, with kids in the car made up to be dead or injured, the police fire dept corinor and ambulance arrive and take action. They cuff and take the drunk driver to the police station, take the wounded to the hospital and the dead to the morge. My son will be one of the dead and taken in a BODY BAG!!!! :cry: They also have a trial and we are invited to attend...all the kids choosen are at the trial too.

The program is called every 15 mins, because every 15 mins someone is killed by a drunk driver. They rest of the kids chosen are in class...every 15 mins the Crim Reeper comes to class and gets one of them, they are made up with white faces and not allowed to talk to anyone because they are one of the dead. The school is able to see all the white faced kids walking the campus and see how many are effected!!!!!

I think this is soooo amazing and wish every school did this. I could go on, but will know more next week. I am really proud of my son for wanting to do this to help show himself and his classmates how serious this is!!!

BTW.......

CW 186.4.......................3.9# LOSS!!!!!!!!!!!:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :drinker: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

OK I have to focus!!! Thanks for listening or reading. I am working from home so I have to try to give this a break and get some work done.

HAVE A GREAT DAY!!!!!
    Judy

Judy, what an amazing program! they really should do that at every school and you must have a really great son to want to participate and bring awareness.

Amazing weight loss btw your hard work is REALLY paying off!