I hope everyone feels the same way about Fage as I do...

Options

Replies

• Oenone
    Oenone Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking this is one of those products that you guys get to have down there in the States but is not available in western Canada!
  • lynniejones
    lynniejones Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking this is one of those products that you guys get to have down there in the States but is not available in western Canada!

There are other makers of Greek Yogurt Fage, Okios, and I just googled greek yogurt in canada and found Liberte and the blog said it was sold at Safeway..if that helps..
    You could always make your own, get a cheesecloth and strain homemade yogurt. I tried it but I'm too lazy to keep that up.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,119 Member
    Options

Greek Yogurt has many different brand names. It is definitely not in every store. Like, Safeway doesn't carry it, but QFC does. Go to one of the higher end or natural-type grocery stores. Even the stores that do carry it don't have a huge display, a thousand containers of "other" yogurts and then twenty Greek Yogurts. It's a bit more expensive, too. It doesn't have all the extra sugar that other yogurt has. Seriously - to die for...:love:
  • lynniejones
    Options
    You guys are making me want to go over my calories and get that last container out of my tiny little hotel room fridge. I think I'll save it for breakfast though. sugar free jello here i come.
    Hotel life sucks swamp water.
  • wilted6orchid
    wilted6orchid Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    LOVE LOVE LOVE the Fage.... I buy mine at Costco and put it over frozen berries from (you guessed it) Costco... Makes a very healthy mid-morning snack at work.

My hubby still laughs at the name though:tongue: lol
    I will have to check it out next time I go there. I've never heard of it before. What's the difference between this and other kinds of yogurt? I usually get Dannon's All Natural Plain Non-Fat...(long name):tongue:
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    I love Fage!!!!!!!! It is the creamiest, yummiest stuff on earth!! :heart: I only wish it weren't so darned expensive. I have tried Oikos and Chobani (they are a little cheaper) but they just aren't quite the same.

I can't justify the expense so I only buy it once in a while. Instead, I buy the large $2 tub (32oz) of Meijer Nonfat plain (or Dannon, but I like the Meijer brand better) and strain it with coffee filters to make it thicker and creamier (could use a cheesecloth but I don't have one!). It's not *quite* as good, but the price is better. :wink:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    I have never heard of this before.

I'll put it on my "Maybe One Day Indulgences" with Nutella. :wink:
  • lynniejones
    Options

Oh dear Lord you said the Nut word.
  • wilted6orchid
    wilted6orchid Posts: 423 Member
    Options

Wow, I haven't had Nutella since I was really little. That stuff is so tastey...mmm with the hazelnut flavor.:heart:
  • jessmomof3
    Options

That is my 8yo dd's favorite thing. A spoonful of Nutella with a banana...
  • johnblake
    johnblake Posts: 661
    Options

Oh dear Lord you said the Nut word.

I'm like the nut word :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    Does it have the same consistency as yogurt??
  • lynniejones
    Options
    No it is thicker, creamier and not watery like regular yogurt. You'll never go back, promise. :bigsmile:
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    Well I'm not a big fan of yogurt to begin with because of it's consistency SO.......I'll check it out.
  • coronalime
    coronalime Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    but its like 200 calories for 5 oz..OUCH
    Does it keep you full? Add fruit to that and its about a 300 + cal breakfast with not alot of umph..
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    Does it keep you full? Add fruit to that and its about a 300 + cal breakfast with not alot of umph..

What kind are you looking at??? The Fage Total 0% only has 90 cals and the Total 2% has 130 cals. and it's packed with protein!! It's awesome! :bigsmile:
  • lynniejones
    Options

What kind are you looking at??? The Fage Total 0% only has 90 cals and the Total 2% has 130 cals. and it's packed with protein!! It's awesome! :bigsmile:

I like the one with honey. It's 200 or 250 calories but it fills me up and I love it for breakfast.
  • petunia
    petunia Posts: 336 Member
    Options

:sad: :sad: NUTELLA :sad: :sad:

Dear Nutella:

I love you dearly, but I cannot let you in my house. You call to me all day and night. You wake me up from a deep sleep. You whisper sweet nothings in my ear and tell me evil things like "You can just have a little bit".. "Measure out a tablespoon and then stop".. and when I give in, you won't let go of your GRIP and then I can't STOP and before I know it you're GONE and the only MEMORY is the FAT ON MY THIGHS... :sad: :sad: :cry: :sad:

:noway:

Signed,
    "Not trying to Hijack the Thread, but when it comes to Nutella I have no Self Control"
  • deborina
    deborina Posts: 5
    Options
    What is Fage? Never heard of it.

Debbie
  • deborina
    deborina Posts: 5
    Options
    Never mind. I actually read the other posts and now know what Fage is. Thanks for the suggestion.