Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Scammer alert !

dymelza
dymelza Posts: 6 Member
edited August 20 in Introduce Yourself
I’ve been using the community chat for one day and I’ve had multiple friend request from different profiles.. all show as hidden, spoke to one and he spun a lie of being in army in Iraq .. asking me what device I use and how beautiful I am, then a second one almost said the same things.. be careful ladies.

Replies

• ALilCountryMouse
    ALilCountryMouse Posts: 10 Member
    I had one similar and posted it on MFP as a warning to other women. Paul Krueger is a scammer and an emotional abuser. I unfriended him. He said that he is a widow and has a son who has a severe autism spectrum. He is in Brussels working on a wind turbine. He needed money to get his affairs in order so he can be with his son. It's the same song and dance routine. When he didn't get his money, he puts you down.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 8,269 Member
    edited August 14
    Google pig butchering and scam farms. Many of the people doing this are enslaved and forced to do so. It’s BIG money.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jasonbrett/2023/12/26/new-pig-butchering-crypto-scam-includes-victims-in-us-and-overseas/

I hate to say it, but if you ladies get a friend request from a guy who looks too studly to be true, is in uniform, poses with his dog or cat, or looks “posed” in front of an exotic backdrop, they’re likely stolen profile pics and scam accounts.

Ditto guys who get a friend request from a gorgeous fit busty female.

No to be a smart *kitten*, but if you look at our profile pics, most of us are pretty average Janes and Joes, and most of us are here for weight loss or maintenance purposes. (Me? Both. My original profile pic was from the (double) chin up, for very obvious reasons.) I hardly think some buff rich or war-medalled guy is going to be seeking his love match here on MFP and honing in on my awesomely lovely quarter inch profile pic.

Please be safe and use your noggin.
  • George_1980
    George_1980 Posts: 41 Member
    I wondered if the scammers and man being pigs was bad here. I see yep. I should of know. Better joining the community. Im a guy and still weirded out.
  • George_1980
    George_1980 Posts: 41 Member
    Its also why i stick with non face profile pics. It seems to keep as many people from bothering you as they dont know if you are male or female. Make the user name something basic too
  • dymelza
    dymelza Posts: 6 Member
    I’m just going to send every fake account to zen help desk, just sent one name already..I’m not changing name or picture .. not like I’m going to fall for it lol
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 33,626 Member
    My experience has been that MFP staff really do take this kind of thing seriously, follow up complaints by investigating, and delete accounts that behave badly. It's much better than any other social networking app I've used, in that respect.

Please do report these jerks, as a service to others they may try to victimize!