How photogenic are you?

Options

Replies

• cklbrown
    cklbrown Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    I look awful in photos, but I guess I can't expect the camera to work any miracles! Prior to joining this site, there were probably 5 pictures taken of me in the last 10 years. I hate seeing myself!
  • coloradocuppiecake
    Options
    People tell me Im very photogenic. But as a fat kid, you have to know how to work it so the camera takes a more flattering picture.
    And everyone I know, knows when they photograph me, its the boobs up shot. (Dont look at my belly! It sounds better when you
    add the voice of Austin Power's Fat *kitten*)
  • Hoppymom
    Hoppymom Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    Not very. This is my real picture. :tongue: Happy Friday everyone!
  • Lozzy_82
    Lozzy_82 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I don't usually like photos of me. If I smile I always look weirdly manic and if I don't I look blank and expressionless. However, my family and friends are always telling me how sickeningly photogenic I am!
  • angryguy77
    angryguy77 Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I'm great in pics, so much game developers modeled a popular character after me.

But trust me, it isn't easy being this cool
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    If Im taking the picture of myself - I usually get a good picture. But I still dont like having my picture taken and I tend to make a stupid face when anyone else takes my pic. My license picture.... omg! haha
  • Ireshgurl
    Options
    It depends on who's taking the pictures..... if it's my girl Teia or I, then I usually look pretty damn good, but if it's anyone else that doesn't really know what to look for or how to take a pic, then not so good, lol. I'm also aware of what my body looks like and my best angles to show off my better parts, so I don't really take a BAD pic, unless someone catches me unawares, lmao.
  • Krull_the_WarriorKing
    Options
    You can't fix butt ugly. Camera's run when they face me. So I generally avoid them.
  • ket_the_jet
    ket_the_jet Posts: 1,257 Member
    Options
    Digital cameras ruined photography. Back when it was a chore to get film developed, every picture taken *mattered.* You had a limited amount of pictures you could take in a given period so you had to make them count. Carrying film was obnoxious and film development was, relatively, expensive.

Now you can log into Facebook and see 30,000 duck face photos of the same four chicks at the same party. "Oh! Get one of our cleavage!" "Let's all stretch out our necks to hide our double chins!" "Let's get one of the shoes...now the feet!" Jesus. Would it kill you to wash your feet, Bilbo Baggins?

So the internet is partially responsible for killing photography. C'est la vie.

To the question at hand, I generally dislike getting my picture taken. That said, I do think I'm photogenic; however, that doesn't make me any less attractive in real life. Vanity aside, I am that great.
    -wtk

Postscript: In honor of my college roommate and his fiance seeing Jackson Browne last night [I'm quite jealous], everyone should go listen to "Fountain of Sorrow." It's relevant to the conversation, n'est-ce pas?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIElJRZJ-qE
  • killerqueen17
    killerqueen17 Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    I think I'm pretty non-photogenic... I'll see myself in the mirror getting ready and think that I look fine, but then in pictures it's just like AAAHHHHH what happened??? lol!!
  • lawlzx
    Options
    I'm not. I see photos of me sometimes and wonder if I actually look that awkward IRL.
  • DestinyDarbi
    DestinyDarbi Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I'm great in pics, so much game developers modeled a popular character after me.

But trust me, it isn't easy being this cool

You just get cooler and cooler to me! lol

I am NOT photogenic at all. My mother-in-law take the best "awful" pics of me and then puts them on Facebook. I have to all her and say, "Take those terrible pics down IMMEDIATELY!" haha It's frightening how ugly I am in some photos. The ones I have posted of me on here are the few that made the cut.
  • oceanbreeze22
    oceanbreeze22 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I am not photogenic at all. I take few good pictures. I look better in real life than in photo's in most cases.

I really like looking at photo's of people and wish I took a better photo myself. Of course, I think being overweight contributes too and I am working on changing that though. :)

Happy Friday All!
  • NewVonnie
    NewVonnie Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    I'm the not photogenic type haha!
    But, maybe the -10 kilogram version of me will be photogenic!

Lies! At least based on your profile picture =D.
    I'm much "better looking" in real life. I think that's because a lot of women find me attractive due to my personality (yes, you can all stop laughing now, thank you...) which doesn't really come across in a static photograph.

I think 1 out of every 50 photos of myself I see I really like so I keep hold of them for dear life and use them.

You and me both brother...except I don't have the personality thing going for me in person lol.

WHAT!?!?!?!?!?! You have lost your mind..it fell out somewhere..go find it!!! Sheesh..The question was how photogenic are you, This is me editing you..it should say, " VERY" And the personality thing..I should smack you..my goodness..dont make me come over there Cris..LOL
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    You and me both brother...except I don't have the personality thing going for me in person lol.

Bwahahaha.

Dude, given the amount of female attention you get on here I don't think anyone is buying that particular brand of snake oil. Of yeah, there is one user by the name of Ms Gullible Mc Gullible...
  • Pollywog39
    Pollywog39 Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    I always think I look FAT in photos, and that my head is gigantic ;)
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    meh...I have my moments. I hate when I get double chin sometimes. I don't photograph well without makeup on.
  • baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    I'm not photogenic at all... everyone says I am, but what they don't realise is I hand-pick the photos of me sucking everything in and pouting!;)

This... minus the pouting. I'm not above a little photoshop to whiten my coffee stained teeth either. :smile:
  • ChitownFoodie
    ChitownFoodie Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    Not at all! Thats why a vast majority of my pictures have my face covered.
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    Options
    In about 1/3 of my photos I look really good. The other 2/3 are total garbage. A lot depends on the photographer also...my teenager daughter makes everything she photographs look good. The ones my partnre takes are all at the worst possible angle, showing every wrinkle, line, roll and facial contortion. I look like a goddess in my daughter's photos and godzilla in my partner's :laugh: .