Affirmation Friday! Let's Be Honest! What do you want?

Options
2»

Replies

• Tree72
    Tree72 Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    My biggest reason to start was to be healthier. My whole family has a history of heart disease, high blood pressure, and high cholesterol. So when my doctor said "pre-hypertensive" it really motivated me to make some big changes.

As I've progressed along my journey I realized that I also really enjoy feeling stronger. I want to feel physically competent to do anything I might want to do. I don't want to have to worry about being too weak or out of shape.
  • missmaggiemd
    missmaggiemd Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    My inner peace is battered day to day with negative feelings about how I look, feel and the constant scare of not living a long healthy life with my children . I want to be healthy! My number one goal. Period! I. Love life and want only to live a long healthy meaningful one and set a great example for my kids.
  • amfmmama
    amfmmama Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    to gain the self-esteem that my ex destroyed and be in control of it!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    We all know the reasons why we want to lose weight. Some reasons are easy, look better, feel better, be healthy. Knowing what you want can take us a long way. Take a moment, and lets do some soul searching. Deep down, inside your heart, if you dared to dream, what do you truly want? Do you know? What is the most important thing to you?

The most important thing to me would have nothing to do with my weight, but I'm going to guess that you meant what is the most important thing to me re: weight and weight loss.

For me it is health. I'm 50 and so probably think about health more than the young folks (certainly more than I did when I was young). What I want with regards to my weight and diet is to manage both so that I can eat, drink and be merry without having to take ANY meds to keep my vitals and blood work in the healthy range.
  • Jesung
    Jesung Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I want to deadlift 500 lbs
  • czechsmate
    czechsmate Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    I started this to get back into the shape I once had, to feel better about myself, to gain confidence...but really I want to make my husband drool :love: ...plus I hate the way I can feel my belly dribble around when I walking/running...ugh
  • Tracyrocksss
    Options
    I want to be in SHAPE and FEEL good and LOOK good fro when I get back onstage ( which I have found out may be sooner than later--haaaaa) I just MUST get healthier to be able to entertain for an entire night...I also want more energy to keep up with my boy..I want to be a better example for HIM. I want him to see/learn GOOD behaviors from me, not bad ones!! I have been a CRAZY good Mom in all other aspects of being a great role model to my boy except for my weight issue...But I am doing soemthgin about it NOW and we have started a dialogue, so that is the important thing, right!!??:)
  • PoppyinBoulder
    Options
    To be able to move easier and have less aches and pains.
  • judykay05
    Options
    I want to live! I want to be healthy and live my life with out medications, disease and all the lovely things that come with that.

I want to dance and look good while I'm at it! In Sarasota, Florida on Sunday nights, year round they have a drum circle. People from all walks of life, rich and not so rich, thin and heavy, young and old, hippies and freedom fighters all come together and dance. I know they don't judge others, it all done in good spirits. But I want to belly dance and truly feel as beautiful on the outside as I feel on the inside.

I want to be happy when I look in the mirror and not want to kill myself because I look like the monster version of me. Sometimes I feel like a characature of me.
  • clw_888
    clw_888 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Short term wants:
    -To feel thin and comfortable in my clothes.
    -To have more energy.
    -To be confident in a swimsuit.
    -To attain a normal BMI

Long term wants:
    -To avoid all prescription medications.
    -To have a strong and healthy body as I age.
    -To be able to travel and cook and walk and enjoy my retirement as it's meant to be. ( got at least 30 years until that time so lots of time to practice!)
  • judykay05
    Options
    I want to be in SHAPE and FEEL good and LOOK good fro when I get back onstage ( which I have found out may be sooner than later--haaaaa) I just MUST get healthier to be able to entertain for an entire night...I also want more energy to keep up with my boy..I want to be a better example for HIM. I want him to see/learn GOOD behaviors from me, not bad ones!! I have been a CRAZY good Mom in all other aspects of being a great role model to my boy except for my weight issue...But I am doing soemthgin about it NOW and we have started a dialogue, so that is the important thing, right!!??:)

We can't control the past, only the present. What you do now is what is important! Believe me what you teach your son about getting control of your health and learning good eating and exercising habits will be a life lesson worth teaching! Keep up the good work