Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

ZepBound for Weight Loss

Bflyn2
Bflyn2 Posts: 5 Member
Hi. I am new to this app and forum. I have been struggling to lose weight for years. I finally talked to a doctor who started me on Zepbound. I am wondering if anyone on here is using Zepbound to lose weight and if so, do you have issues with not eating enough food? I have been on Zepbound for 6 weeks and have no appetite whatsoever. My dietician asked me to go on this app to keep the food diary. Seems all I log is Coffee and Creamer and dinner off an on depending on the night. Anyone else struggling with trying to eat enough calories in a day?
Tagged:

Replies

• carolcoleman38
    carolcoleman38 Posts: 2 Member
    I just started took first shot last night, I just started feeling a little nausea drinking water and will see how I fell at lunch time I am doing IF also 18;6 so I will eat at 12 and stop by 7 or 8, how much have you lost so far? I am new to this as well hope I know how to get back to read your reply..lol
    :
  • sweetnursekj
    sweetnursekj Posts: 1 Member
    I too have been on it a little while off and on, with shortages that were happening. But now on compounded zepbound been on it for a few months finally back up to 10mg and losing. I find it helpful for snacking- food cravings and other type things like shopping!
  • Bostongirl40
    Bostongirl40 Posts: 24 Member
    I am starting tomorrow and kind of nervous to be fair, even though I am been reading and watching feedback from current users. Apart from the side effects I am worry I will not eat enough. what do you think would be a good ratio when it comes to proteins, carbs and fat based on a 1200 calories per day.
    thank you for your feedback and feel free to add me. 😊
  • TracyL963
    TracyL963 Posts: 101 Member
    edited August 10
    I am starting tomorrow and kind of nervous to be fair, even though I am been reading and watching feedback from current users. Apart from the side effects I am worry I will not eat enough. what do you think would be a good ratio when it comes to proteins, carbs and fat based on a 1200 calories per day.
    thank you for your feedback and feel free to add me. 😊

In most categories in the discussion groups there's a stickie for "Most Helpful Posts"

Check out this one to see good info in setting "macros" - ie: protein, fat and carbs.

Lots of good information: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10636388/free-customized-personal-weight-loss-eating-plan-not-spam-or-mlm/p1
  • chrissyb1985
    chrissyb1985 Posts: 111 Member
    I have been on zepbound for several months. My doctor moved me to the 10 mg and I was finding myself unable to eat. I moved back down to 5. I caution anyone on it not to move up unless you have to. I find myself getting hungry on the 5 but I get full quickly. Your appetite will start to come back once you get used to it. I have been on 5 mg for all but one month and I am down 74 lbs. it has been very slow but consistent. Good luck!
  • theorneryvixen
    theorneryvixen Posts: 4 Member
    I’ve been taking it for two months and I love it this far. I’m non diabetic and have to pay for it myself.
    Don’t get caught up in all the hype about how much people have lost.
    I started slowly and lost 5lb the first month, and have now lost an additional 9lb taking me to 1stone loss.
    I drink peppermint tea for the nausea.
    Some people do struggle to eat at first but obviously you must
    I’m eating eggs or yogurt for breakfast salad with something like light cheese for much, chicken or fish and lots of veg for dinner. I’m on 1200 calories and eating 40% protein , 40% carbs, 29% fat.

Hello. If you aren't using it already, I highly suggest looking into GoodRx. I use it and it helps with the cost. It's not much but a little is better than nothing.
  • theorneryvixen
    Hello everyone. Today will be my first time taking the shot. I'm looking forward to the results. Thank you for all the helpful tips and advice.
  • theorneryvixen
    @FoxyShamroxy How long did you take it? And, how long have you been off of it? I hope you don't mind me asking but today is my first day and I am curious about future habits.
  • rsaylor04
    rsaylor04 Posts: 1 Member
    I just took my 8th shot. I did 4 weeks of 2.5 lost no weight but then went on 4 weeks of 5mg losing 2-3 lbs per week. I struggle with not wanting to eat but eat smaller meals and working hard to get enough water in. I think I have the constipation thing handled. All this to say it takes awhile to find out what helps and works for you. I am grateful for this tool, it doesn't make you lose weight but it does help with the food noise, the cravings and because of those things I am able to make better choices with my calorie intake. I try to drink a protein shake each day to help me with my protein intake. I love myfitnesspal because it helps me see what I am eating. There are several people I watch on Instagram that I get food ideas from and they are also very motivating. Here's to us taking care of our health <3
  • RogerDEdwards
    RogerDEdwards Posts: 2 Member
    I’ve been taking it for two months and I love it this far. I’m non diabetic and have to pay for it myself.
    Don’t get caught up in all the hype about how much people have lost.
    I started slowly and lost 5lb the first month, and have now lost an additional 9lb taking me to 1stone loss.
    I drink peppermint tea for the nausea.
    Some people do struggle to eat at first but obviously you must
    I’m eating eggs or yogurt for breakfast salad with something like light cheese for much, chicken or fish and lots of veg for dinner. I’m on 1200 calories and eating 40% protein , 40% carbs, 29% fat.

Regarding cost, Lily just began a new program for people who pay cash. It reduces the cost for 2.5 and 5.0 dosages by around 50%. But have to use a syringe vs pen. I started on it yesterday...the journey begins.
  • micwrites
    micwrites Posts: 123 Member
    Hi everyone! I started my first dose on Saturday so three days in. So happy and excited. I have about 50 to lose. I felt a little tired etc. but nothing major. No appetite at all. I am forcing myself to eat well and get my calories in. As much water as I can stand. And trying to get steps in. I am thrilled to be in this journey and for the first time in decades to get under 200 lbs. there will be a celebration of health! 🌸🍾🎈🎊🎉
  • skymel14
    skymel14 Posts: 31 Member
    Hey everyone as well! I was calorie restricting to 1500/day using the MFP app, and had my first Zepbound shot this past Friday. Does anyone have any idea how long it takes to really start feeling the "hey I'm not really hungry" effects? I felt it on days 2 and 3, but now I am RAVENOUS. I've already emailed my doc and asked for next month to be bumped up to 5mg.