Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

What do you add to your yogurt

13»

Replies

• I usually mix in fresh fruit and chia seeds. What can I mix in to make it crunchier?
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 33,629 Member
    I usually mix in fresh fruit and chia seeds. What can I mix in to make it crunchier?

Nuts, seeds, coconut chips, granola? (Calorie dense, so need to manage the portion.) Other toasted grain-type stuff, such as Grape Nuts? Crispy fruit, like cut-up apples?
  • SafariGalNYC
    SafariGalNYC Posts: 1,266 Member
    I usually mix in fresh fruit and chia seeds. What can I mix in to make it crunchier?

Cacao nibs! 😋
  • jessicaxyzsmith
    jessicaxyzsmith Posts: 2 Member
    1 cup nonfat greek yogurt; 1/2 cup old fashioned oats; 1/4 cup Fairlife skim milk, almond milk or milk of choice; 1T chia seeds; small bit of sugar free syrup and a smidge of vanilla extract—stir well. Top w/1 cup of frozen blueberries and leave in fridge. I make 5 at a time for weekday breakfasts. They hold really well. Also, when I want a quick snack I add 2 T PB2 to 1 cup greek yogurt and 1/2 banana sliced—banana and peanut butter flavor!; alternative is 1 c plain greek yogurt + 1 cup grapes.
  • Gingerdead55
    Gingerdead55 Posts: 1 Member
    Chobani Nonfat Greek Plain Yogurt, 1 cup 120 calories
    Smucker's All Fruit Strawberry Jelly, 2 tbsp 80 calories
    Post Grape Nuts Cereal, 4 tbsp 100 calories

Layer in parfait glass or in a bowl: 1/2 cup yogurt, 1 tbsp jelly, 2 tbsp Grape Nuts and repeat. If I have extra calories left over for the day, I sometimes drizzle a bit of honey or maple syrup on top.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 8,270 Member
    Organic granola with chocolate pieces and cherries. I always buy a pound every couple weeks from WinCo. Little expensive but worth it

If you’ve got a Lidl near you, their chocolate coconut chips are simply fantastic. I brought a sack with me traveling and sprinkle them on yogurt. Doesn’t matter if they get crushed. I’d do it anyway. The small sack lasts me a couple weeks. Also beats eating chips and pretzels in the plane, and having extra salt-swell afterwards.

rbhbwe7abe38.jpeg
    lumjfcow04i6.jpeg
  • leah23garrison
    leah23garrison Posts: 1 Member
    Has anyone said to make a dressing? Goddess or Ranch? for the goddess, mix a bunch of basil and parsley, lemon juice or vinegar, and fresh garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper and greek yogurt. For the ranch, add ranch powder or italian dressing powder. Blend in the blender with a small bit of water.