Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

New to the community

Hey guys! This is my first time posting here on the community forums so I just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Stephanie, 32 from Virginia! I'm starting a weight loss journey (again, for the 100th time). I always gain weight around the summer from all the barbecues and beer lol, so here I am trying to shed off some pounds again by trying to stick with a 1200 cal goal. I would really like to stick with it this time so me posting here is my way of holding myself a little more accountable.

For an ice breaker... what are your alls favorite healthy low-cal snacks you've been loving lately? :)

Replies

• trixsterjl31
    trixsterjl31 Posts: 55 Member
    Welcome. I'm not sure about 1200. it is kind of a bare min for women. I cant judge though i'm doing 1500-2200 depending on the day and i'm sure have 2x the meta needs before we add exercise.

My main treat is sugar free pudding cups, some times yogurt but that is higher the pudding is like 60 calories. I also keep zero calorie jello but that is just to have something in my hand when other people are eating junk. Gold Standard Protein shakes on amazon are 12 for 22 dollars so 140 calories for 2 bucks for a quick snack that is mostly protein.

• sisrael19
    sisrael19 Posts: 3 Member
    Thank you! Well, in my past experiences, I just don't lose weight if I don't decrease to 1200. I am only 5'1 though so that may be a big part of it. I also have an office job from home but still try to get out and walk. I shoot for 10k steps a day but account for the extra exercise calories going off of my Garmin watch.

Sugar free pudding sounds great actually. Thats one I will put on my shopping list coming up. I want to like yogurt more but I sort of burnt myself out with it lol. My go-to's so far have been mini cucumbers with light ranch and halo top strawberry ice cream, but I need to get more creative if I'm going to stick with this.
  • trixsterjl31
    sisrael19 wrote: »
    Thank you! Well, in my past experiences, I just don't lose weight if I don't decrease to 1200. I am only 5'1 though so that may be a big part of it. I also have an office job from home but still try to get out and walk. I shoot for 10k steps a day but account for the extra exercise calories going off of my Garmin watch.

Sugar free pudding sounds great actually. Thats one I will put on my shopping list coming up. I want to like yogurt more but I sort of burnt myself out with it lol. My go-to's so far have been mini cucumbers with light ranch and halo top strawberry ice cream, but I need to get more creative if I'm going to stick with this.

My size is cheating tbh. I can east 2500 calories and still lose 1 to 2 lbs a week 3 if walk daily. When I was in the Navy and had abs i weight 220-230. I have the extra motivation of a new relationship to help keep me focused since she isn't much taller than me making her 1/3 my weight.
    Baby carrot were one of my old go too's. I like them better cooked and if you aren't doing sugar you find out how sweet they are. I've also determined that having a solid eating pattern helps me. I try not to get hungry and eat a little every hour or so at work.
    Today:
    5pm: 2 eggs, veggie patty/cheese and a protein drink. 500 cal
    9pm almonds and an egg 360 cal.
    10pm apple 120 cal
    11 pm salad with extra chicken 500 cal
    12 or so a peach 120 cal.
    early on Black rifle coffee 130 cals.
    it's right at 1800. if i had to cut it to 1200 i'd leave out the cheese, cut the fruit in half and use half the extra chicken.
    The point though is decided that eating often helps trick my mind into thinking it had more food than if I did. I'm often eating even though i'm not really hungry even though i'm in deep deficit.
  • capgordon76
    capgordon76 Posts: 99 Member
    Love barbecues lol . Hope u smash ur goals but I've cut down on my beer and trying to stay in calorie deficit
  • sisrael19
    sisrael19 Posts: 3 Member
    Love barbecues lol . Hope u smash ur goals but I've cut down on my beer and trying to stay in calorie deficit

I just recently cut down on beer and wine. Haven't had a drop in almost a month and honestly it's probably made the most difference in my calories lol
  • trixsterjl31
    sisrael19 wrote: »

I just recently cut down on beer and wine. Haven't had a drop in almost a month and honestly it's probably made the most difference in my calories lol

I can tell you for me that it has 100 percent changed everything in my life giving up on beer. I was drinking about 36 beers a week though so that is 2 LBs a week/or 1 KG a week towards maints all by itself. If you arent like me you can toss in a random beer or wine here and there though. A cup of red wine now and then is supposedly good for the heart.