Pregnancy - September 2011

Options

Replies

• LindsayChick
    LindsayChick Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Sad update here: The ultrasound today had no heartbeat, no yolk sac. =( So.... clearly a non-viable pregnancy and my doc thinks I'll miscarry any time now. Would have been at least 8 weeks. She gave me pain meds to get me through the pain and bleeding. Pretty sad day. How everyone else is having a little better day ;(
  • lilibe
    lilibe Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Sad update here: The ultrasound today had no heartbeat, no yolk sac. =( So.... clearly a non-viable pregnancy and my doc thinks I'll miscarry any time now. Would have been at least 8 weeks. She gave me pain meds to get me through the pain and bleeding. Pretty sad day. How everyone else is having a little better day ;(

I'm so sorry to hear this.
  • FitMommyLuv
    Options
    LindsayChick->I wrote you a private message..I am so sorry for your loss!
    I'm here for you anytime you need to talk and i hope you'll be ok!
  • ElizabethJ17
    ElizabethJ17 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Lindssay-
    I am so sorry to hear this. Sending you lots of thoughts, prayers and hugs. I know no words will provide comfort now but please know we are thinking of you and if you need anyone to talk to we are all here for you.
  • LindsayChick
    Options
    Thanks so much for the kind words guys. It really is comforting to hear there are people to connect with about this. We hadn't told many ppl about the pregnancy yet so I feel somewhat alone in the loss. Thank you so much
  • JKilty
    Options
    Thanks so much for the kind words guys. It really is comforting to hear there are people to connect with about this. We hadn't told many ppl about the pregnancy yet so I feel somewhat alone in the loss. Thank you so much

Praying for you, Lindsay. I went through this last year and know how hard it is. If you ever need someone to talk to, feel free to send me a message.
  • ron2282
    ron2282 Posts: 2,772 Member
    Options
    Caperfae – we’re both stuck with no progress, I’ve been 2 centimeters for over a week now. I walk every single day and it’s done nothing to bring on labor, but my doctor will let me go to 42 weeks before being induced. Hopefully you’ll go into labor soon and won’t have to worry about being induced.

Melissa – I can’t believe they already scheduled a c-section for you! Kathryn was breech until almost 37 weeks before she flipped on her own. And believe me when I said I felt every inch of her flipping!!! :sad: (An external version was never offered but I would have refused it too). Sorry your family won’t be there until a few days afterward.

Elizabethj17 – I think my husband is more ready for her to be born than I am just because of my crazy up and down moods! :laugh:

LindsayChick – I’m so, so sorry. You’re in my thoughts and prayers.

Hi to everyone I missed! :flowerforyou:

Welcome to all the new mommies!

No real progress at my appointment yesterday, belly measures perfect and I’m still at 2 centimeters (but she said she could feel Kathryn’s head during the cervical check). :noway: I asked how long I’ll be allowed to go before talking about induction. She said that they don’t like to induce before 42 weeks unless there’s a medical reason to do so. I go back in a week and if I’m still pregnant when I reach 41 weeks they’ll do a NST and an ultrasound to make sure I have enough fluid and that baby is ok. If all the results are good then they would induce when I reach 42. Hopefully I'll go on my own before then. For some reason I have the 10th stuck in my head, I think that’s the day she’s going to make her appearance.

I finally got up the courage to tell my mom she can’t be in the delivery room. I had skirted around it before but never came right out and told her because.....well, I’m a little afraid of my mom. I told her I don’t mind her coming into the room with us but once the actual pushing starts I only want hubby there. Surprisingly she took it really well and said she didn’t WANT to be there during the actual labor. After giving birth to three children she's afraid she’s going to pass out!!! I think this is hilarious, but I’m not going to complain.
  • mathjulz
    mathjulz Posts: 5,514 Member
    Options
    Lindsay - so sorry to hear the sad news. You will be in my thoughts.
  • Scorpiomom222
    Scorpiomom222 Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options

I'm so sorry, Lindsay. :( Losing a pregnancy is painful. My very first tattoo was in honor of a lost one. I hope you feel better soon, hon. That's just too bad.
  • LindsayChick
    Options
    Thanks for everyone's kind words.... I hope everyone is having a happy and healthy friday. I guess I'll be back when I get pregnant again.... and will still try to drop in and keep intouch w/ everyone.
  • mukie89
    mukie89 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    lindsay- I too am so sorry to hear your news. Try and stay positive and focused on the future, I think you are destined to be a great mommy :flowerforyou:

scorpiomom222- thanks so much for that sight, I've already been doing some suggested exercises from there. As for birthing breech, she did mention that this is a possibility but also pointed out that there is a higher risk of the babies head getting stuck, which could be potentially fatal.so this is something i do not feel comfortable with exploring

ronya- Did you do anything to encourage her to flip?? I think she just booked it in because there are so few slots left, to be sure i can get one on time if needed. well done on telling ur mum your wishes, i bet your breathing a sigh of relief now!

So my dad changed his plans and has cancelled his trip so that he and mum can be with me after the birth, so excited! I cant remember if i mentioned that we found out that my mum has breast cancer last week :sad: and that we were unsure if it had spread to other parts of the body or not. We received some results back today from a scan she had and it hasnt spread! thank goodness. She will still need surgery on the left breast and chemo, but this is a relatively good outcome.

I'm so glad its friday! especially because my sleep the last few days has been average so im hoping to catch up on it in the next few days
  • samfordbelle
    samfordbelle Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    LindsayChick - I'm so sorry. :( My thoughts are with you. *HUGS*
  • ron2282
    Options

ronya- Did you do anything to encourage her to flip?? I think she just booked it in because there are so few slots left, to be sure i can get one on time if needed. well done on telling ur mum your wishes, i bet your breathing a sigh of relief now!

Other than telling her several times a day that she needed to flip over, I didn’t do anything. There are some stretches that are supposed to encourage the baby to get into the head down position; I was just too lazy to try them. If you do a google search you’ll find a bunch of suggestions, although I wouldn’t suggest trying everything you find.
  • mukie89
    Options

Other than telling her several times a day that she needed to flip over, I didn’t do anything. There are some stretches that are supposed to encourage the baby to get into the head down position; I was just too lazy to try them. If you do a google search you’ll find a bunch of suggestions, although I wouldn’t suggest trying everything you find.

yeah i have been doing some of the exercises, hopefully it helps :) not long for you now!!!!
  • mukie89
    Options
    36 weeks today yay! :heart:
  • Scorpiomom222
    Options
    It's now October. Has anyone made a new thread for October yet?
  • mukie89
    Options
    i dont think so, im not too sure how......
  • ron2282
    Options
    I started the October thread....oh wow, Kathryn will be here this month! :noway: :happy: :bigsmile:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/357645-pregnancy-october-2011?page=1#posts-4843519

All you have to do is click on "New Topic" in the "Motivation and Support" section, then just copy and paste the new like in the old thread so everyone can find it.
  • Scorpiomom222
    Options
    I started the October thread....oh wow, Kathryn will be here this month! :noway: :happy: :bigsmile:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/357645-pregnancy-october-2011?page=1#posts-4843519

All you have to do is click on "New Topic" in the "Motivation and Support" section, then just copy and paste the new like in the old thread so everyone can find it.

I would have started a new one, but I didn't know if anyone was "heading up" the opportunity and I didn't want anyone to be upset.
  • FitMommyLuv
    Options
    I'll deffently have to head over to the October thread:smile: ..Gosh it seems like September went by way to fast!!!