Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Hello from West Texas

Hi everyone,

My name is Cristina Smith and I am here to try and get motivated to start a weight loss journey. I've been on this journey multiple times and fallen off track multiple times. I recently turned 40 and want to have a positive attitude and relationship with myself and just need to get started.
I work from home and love to read, paint and just started quilting. I have taken many classes on weight loss and nutrition but always go back to what's easy, what's familiar and want to prove to myself that not only can I have a successful career, but I can also lose weight and take control of my laziness. Thank you 🙏

Replies

• nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 10,774 Member
    Welcome, Cristina!

There are some great threads created by our members, bookmarked to the top of each category that may be helpful. Just look for "Most Helpful Posts - whatever the category name is”.

For example:
    You can also ask your questions in any category that interests you, read posts or questions made by other members, join a group, or add some friends.

Here are some frequently asked questions that may also be helpful: FAQ's
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 33,629 Member
    Hi, Christina, and welcome!

My best advice is to make weight loss as easy as possible, rather than trying to make it as fast as possible. Extreme eating restrictions and punitively intense exercise aren't essential.

Look for tasty, filling foods you like eating that add up to appropriate calories. Move more in ways that are ideally fun, but at least tolerable and practical. That movement can be exercise, but it can also be more daily life movement.

The win is not just reaching a healthy weight, but then also staying there long term, ideally permanently. That means finding new, routine, sustainable daily life habits and practicing them until they can happen almost on autopilot when other parts of life get challenging (because they will).

In my experience, the benefits are worth the effort it takes. I'm cheering for you to succeed!
  • capgordon76
    capgordon76 Posts: 99 Member
    Awesome welcome to the party