Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

How to train the lower body?

Amylouise1501
Amylouise1501 Posts: 5 Member
edited September 3 in Fitness and Exercise
I do so many exercises but I'm not seeing a difference! So frustrating. I do all types of squats, 5 min plank, jumping Jack's, go for 30 min runs, YouTube home workouts? Can you all give me some ideas . I feel like I need help with my diet along with the exercise
• Booty
• Thighs
•Lower stomache

Answers

• nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 10,774 Member
    What do you mean by "not working?"

If you are looking for an exercise which will cause a body part to become leaner or more muscular in a short period of time (days or weeks), then sorry, nothing you do will work for that goal. Losing fat to become leaner is an all-body endeavor based upon how much you eat, not an exercise. Gaining muscle in a body part takes months and years for significant progress, not days or weeks.

If your goal is something else, I sincerely apologize. Before we give any suggestions of what to do, we need to know what your goals are, along with what exercises you have already tried so we don't offer one of them as a new option.
  • Retroguy2000
    Retroguy2000 Posts: 1,731 Member
    What do you mean by "all types of squats"? What else for hams and glutes? How many working sets per week? How close are they to failure? Are you doing progressive overload? What is your ratio of protein in grams to your bodyweight?
  • LoganBennett715
    LoganBennett715 Posts: 29 Member
    When it comes to designing an effective leg workout, simpler is better. Basic lower body exercises—squats, hip hinges (deadlifts), and lunges—should make up the bulk of your program. These moves essentially focus on the major muscle groups of the legs: the glutes, quadriceps, hamstrings, and calves.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,886 Member
    I do so many exercises but I'm not seeing a difference! So frustrating. I do all types of squats, 5 min plank, jumping Jack's, go for 30 min runs, YouTube home workouts? Can you all give me some ideas . I feel like I need help with my diet along with the exercise
    • Booty
    • Thighs
    •Lower stomache
    For how long? And what is your expectation? Exercise itself DOESN'T reduce fat from targeted areas. Exercise is to improve/enlarge/condition muscle and improve overall health.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 40 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

• LoganBennett715
    LoganBennett715 Posts: 29 Member
    When it comes to designing an effective leg workout, simpler is better. Basic lower body exercises squats, hip hinges, and lunges should make up the bulk of your program. These moves essentially focus on the major muscle groups of the legs: the glutes, quadriceps, hamstrings, and calves.
  • tomcustombuilder
    tomcustombuilder Posts: 2,086 Member
    • Booty
    • Thighs
    •Lower stomache
    what difference are you looking for? Thinner legs or more muscular legs. Thinner means fewer calories over time while training to not lose muscle. More muscular means some extra calories and proper training and a lot of patience