Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

*FRESH START!* Weigh-in Wednesdays through New Year's Day, 2025!

Replies

• Walela617
    Walela617 Posts: 506 Member
    (My next weigh-in will be Wednesday, 09/11, where I will post lbs. lost, total lost since 09/04 and lbs. to goal.)
  • andiedmonds
    andiedmonds Posts: 8 Member
    Good morning. Happy Saturday! Lovely family you have. Hope your son is feeling better.

Great job on the steps this week. I got my 10,000 plus in every day except yesterday. Back to it today.

Didn't weight myself Wednesday, but the scale this morning said 169.2. Not a huge loss, but I'll take it.

Have a wonderful day. I'll check in later and post my steps. Time to get cracking...so much to do, so little time!😅
  • Walela617
    edited September 7
    Happy weekend! Thanks for your compliment! I'm still waiting for my son to let me know the results from his MRI. It's great that you did at least 10,000 steps on most days, Andrea! Consistency is key for me, and any loss is a WIN!🏆

I'm going to start weighing in on both Sundays and Wednesdays but will only report on Wednesdays. The Sundays will give me a midweek check-in to see whether I need to tweak my intake and/or activity to "atone" for any potential lapses in those areas over the weekend.

I won't be posting my stats weekly anymore because they take up too much space; however, I will post before and after stats on New Year's Day to show overall progress.

So far I've been sticking to plan since September 1st. I'm feeling very focused right now.

Tomorrow I'm going to an outdoor Greek festival. I ought to get a lot of steps in with all the line dancing! We shall see...

Have a great weekend!

💞Carole
  • Walela617
    Good morning everyone! It's a beautiful day in Boston - hope it's nice where you are too!

Here are my walking stats for the week:

09/01: 03,397 steps (1.41 miles)
    09/02: 10,030 steps (4.12 miles)
    09/03: 14,373 steps (6.41 miles)
    09/04: 13,802 steps (6.17 miles)
    09/05: 12,040 steps (4.44 miles)
    09/06: 13,285 steps (5.83 miles)
    09/07: 02,568 steps (1.03 miles)

Daily Averages for the Week:
    9,928 steps (4.2 miles)/day

This afternoon I'm going to a Greek festival - THAT ought to track up some steps!💃

Enjoy your day!
  • andiedmonds
    It was car free day in Port Coquitlam yesterday, so I did a lot of walking. 18,797 sreps to be exact! Have fun at the festival! 🎶😎
  • Walela617
    edited September 9
    Hi everyone,

Andrea, I need to look up Port Coquitlam! That's a LOT of walking!👏

Every day is "car-free" for me! (Don't own one - I don't even know how to drive, LOL!) You don't need to in Boston; besides, traffic, gas, taxes and parking?! $$$$! (NO THANKS!)

This afternoon I went to a Greek festival where they had beer, wine and spiked seltzer but I wasn't the last bit interested (8 days without alcohol right now). I had a dinner plate with two chicken souvlaki skewers, Greek salad, roasted potatoes, spinach and feta pie and rice pudding, plus a water and a Diet Coke. Lots of dancing - 20,127 steps and 8.45 miles!

Not too bad!

Have a great week, anyone who visits this board!

🩷 Carole
  • Bemybestby60
    Bemybestby60 Posts: 1,698 Member
    Wow you ladies are impressive. I did play 18 holes of golf...but here we need cars to get around. Awesome in getting your steps in.
  • LauriePar
    LauriePar Posts: 249 Member
    Hi ladies! I would love to join your challenge since Wednesday is my normal weigh in day. Tomorrow, September 11, will be my second full week. I have about 60 pounds to lose. I’m also 66, but retired. I do have colitis-my whole adult life- but it just slows down my weight loss because of my meds. But my goal is 1/2 pound to 1 pound a week. It can be done, so I’m doing it and improving my health and stamina. All I’m doing this month is eating under calorie deficit and walking. I’ll see what I add next month- probably indoor exercises from utube.

SW: 224.3
    Last week: 220
    Goal: 160

Glad I found you girls! 😀😀❤️
  • LauriePar
    yi87vv6e5h19.jpeg
  • LauriePar
    This is our newest addition to the family- our new grandson born August 28th. Another reason to get in shape!
  • Walela617
    edited September 11
    Welcome Laurie! What a beautiful picture, and such an adorable baby!

You sure don't look 66! About the 60 lbs., it's one day at a time, one step at a time. My highest weight was 217 lbs. on 2/29/2008. I lost 77 lbs. in about two years. Then I went all the way back up to 188 (in another two years) and now I think I'm down to about 155 (over the next several years) but I'll weigh in and report tomorrow. (Still, I'm 62 lbs. down from my highest; so it's totally doable.) You can definitely do this! I'm trying for 0.5-1.5 lb. per week as well.

Have a nice night, everyone. I will post my scale stats tomorrow.

💗Carole (xO)
  • LauriePar
    I weighed in and I’m exactly what I was last week. But I’ve reached my steps goal this week, so I will increase them now. I hope everyone had a good week! We’ve got this!!
  • pammyt602014
    pammyt602014 Posts: 1 Member
    Is it too late to join the challenge? Hi all, I am from Tasmania in Australia and really need some accountability. We are in kilos here and my starting weight is 96.5 kg. Will check back in next Wednesday and am thinking of posting a picture of my scales at weigh in to add that extra accountability. Don't have a problem with steps, as we have a kelpie (an Australian working dog) who needs lots of exercise so we are out walking a lot. I used to do a lot of weight training, plus yoga, but gave it up when looking after elderly sick parents for several years. Started to get back into that now. Have a great week all!!
  • andiedmonds
    Hi everyone,
    Weighed in this morning at 168.4! 😃 I was pretty happy with that. I was 177.4 on June 22nd. I'm pretty sure I went higher than that though. I just refused to step on the scale! LOL. I could tell by how my clothes were fitting...or rather, not fitting!

Way to go on the steps, Carole. That's a lot of dancing!

Nice to meet you, Pam (or is it Pammy) and Laurie. Congratulations on the new grandson!

Slow and steady wins the race. I'm not interested in giving up everything and going hungry. That's not sustainable. Just little changes that make me healthier. Like trying to eat more protein, get my 10K steps in most days and now I've started taking the stairs as much as I can at work. I did 18 floors today and I just started to notice it becoming a tiny bit easier on my knees and I don't have to stop on every floor to catch my breath.

Anyway, thanks for sharing ladies. Nice to connect and cheer each other on!

Have a great week! Go us!🤩😍 ~Andrea
  • LauriePar
    Good job on the stairs Andrea! My gosh, I thought the 5 floors we had to go up to my granddaughter’s apartment at college was enough! I really applaud you! 👋👋👋
  • Bemybestby60
    So happy to see new faces to this challenge. It is motivation for me to pull up my socks and get going.
    I did weigh in yesterday morning and I was up a pound from to 192lbs. I have been getting my golf in but not my treadmill. I too have been a caregiver for 7 years for my parents. Blessed with gratitude but sometimes it can be overwhelming.
  • Bemybestby60
    Welcome @LauriePar and a beautiful picture of you and your grandson.
  • Walela617
    Hi everyone, Happy Weekend and Welcome All! It's never to late to join (or rejoin)! Please feel free to jump in, wherever you are!

I'm sorry to be reporting so late! I am somewhat disheartened to report that my weight on Wednesday was 158, even though I was very careful about food and beverages and walked and danced a LOT that week! Still, I must be honest. I was so bummed out that I went completely off the rails with eating and even consumed several alcoholic beverages from Wednesday through Friday! Why the self-sabotage, I wonder?

No more! I forgive myself, as I'm only a fallible human. So... Here I go again!
    vzxzrmvstmls.png
    Enjoy the coming days. I will make sure to report back here on Wednesday, September 18th, which incidentally, is only 15 weeks until January 1st, 2025! I hope to lose a pound per week (or more) so I can ring in the New Year at least fifteen pounds lighter! Let's GO!🩷
  • LauriePar
    My goal is also to lose 1 pound a week or hopefully more until January 1. I sure would like 15 more pounds gone by then!
  • LauriePar
    My weigh in today. I finally lost 3.3 pounds this week after last week when I lost none.

SW: 224.3
    CW: 217
    GW: 160

I am 5’8 1/2 tall.