Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

How to manually enter calories burned

randyjbaiad
randyjbaiad Posts: 2 Member
edited September 17 in Getting Started
I go to Orange Theory for my workouts.
They calculate and track number of calories burned. I want to add that to my daily tracker here. How can I do it?

Answers

• SurferGirl1982
    SurferGirl1982 Posts: 174 Member
    I'm not sure if you need the premium version or not. But I just clicked on the "Exercise" tab on the home page. And it has a search box or an arrow to select a workout. Orangetheory was listed.

I personally have not started entering my exercise yet. So I don't know much about it. If you see the exercise tab, click on it. Then click the down arrow to select your workout.

I wish I could be more helpful. Good luck!
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 33,627 Member
    Surfergirl is right: In the Cardiovascular part of the MFP exercise database, there's an "Orangetheory" option you can use. (Yes, the name is all run together like that.) You can overtype the exercise calories it suggests with whatever number you think is correct. This should work in free MFP. (I believe adding your own custom exercise is also available in free MFP.)
  • Greaterthanlife
    Greaterthanlife Posts: 17 Member
    Hello everyone:
    I was not feeling well and went to ER yesterday. Needless to say, I did not log my food since September 8th. So here goes:

9/8. Three diet ice teas. No food
    9/9. Fast
    9/10. Fast
    9/11. Salad, harvest snaps, ice cream. Total calories 2100. Base calories 2140.
    9/12. Spinach Dijon salad, harvest snaps, s/f popsicles and bubbly. Total calories 1560. Base calories 2140.
    9/13. Veggie platter, lunchable kit includes turkey and cheese sandwich with cheese it crackers and gummies. Finally, s/f popsicles. Total calories 1800. Base calories 2140.

I am happy to express gratitude that my calorie intake did not exceed base calories. All well for Friday and take care.
  • jduddy22
    jduddy22 Posts: 1 Member
    MFA not calculating my steps to calories. I've looked at all the settings.
  • rkrosnar
    rkrosnar Posts: 2 Member
    I was recently on the road traveling. I couldn't post my workouts everyday. There was no more than a day before I could post. In other words, I skipped day, before, I could post my workouts. I had a streak well over 2600 days. I will say the folks who run the site cancelled my streak, because I didn't post every day, even though I posted when I could.
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,685 Member
    rkrosnar wrote: »
    I was recently on the road traveling. I couldn't post my workouts everyday. There was no more than a day before I could post. In other words, I skipped day, before, I could post my workouts. I had a streak well over 2600 days. I will say the folks who run the site cancelled my streak, because I didn't post every day, even though I posted when I could.

Not sure why you posted this on a thread about à different topic, but to reply to your comment: a streak is a number of consecutive days. So if you didn't login/log on consecutive days, it's normal you lost your streak.
    MFP has a login streak and a diary/food streak: for the diary/food streak, I think you can add to days without info and correct the streak that way.
  • Greaterthanlife
    Good weekend everyone:
    Today I had salad with lunchable. Lastly, I had orange sherbet and 1babyel. Total calories 2050. My base calories 2140. I hope to maintain my base and hope for the best. Take care.

• elithea175
    elithea175 Posts: 36 Member
    @Greaterthanlife not sure why you’re posting these but i don’t think it’s doing what you think it is…? you need to use the food diary.
  • Greaterthanlife
    Hello everyone:
    It came to my attention how come I am posting this way. The answer is because it assisting me while I am going through some difficult times.
    My food as follows:
    Salad with tuna; harvest snaps; SF popsicle and orange sherbet.

Have a great day.
  • Greaterthanlife
    Hello everyone:

To my posting above:. Total calories 1885, Base calories 2140.
  • elithea175
    elithea175 Posts: 36 Member
    Hello everyone:
    It came to my attention how come I am posting this way.

no, no, i didn’t mean nit to post! i meant why are you posting in this thread, when that’s what the food diary is for? but you don’t need to answer that if you really meant to post to this thread for some reason, i only meant to help!
  • Greaterthanlife
    Hello everyone:
    My food as follows:
    Veggie sushi
    Caesar salad
    Lunchables
    Gefilte fish
    Marshmallow fluff
    Total calories 2060. Base 2140.

@elithia175:. I looked at the diary after your post so now I understand. Currently I have some stress if you know what I am saying. I still have to work on how to do the diary. In the meantime, I will post and say hi to you and others. Thanks for giving me a message. Should you want to chat let me know.

Take care.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 33,627 Member
    @Greaterthanlife, there are various people here who post threads where they report what they've eaten or what exercise they've done (or both) as a way to be accountable to themselves by being MFP-public about what they're doing. I think that is absolutely fine to do.

I do think logging (in the diary) is insight-provoking and beneficial, but if you don't feel ready to do that quite yet, that is also fine IMO. I think it's OK for everyone and anyone to use the MFP tools in any way that helps them reach their goals, as long as those uses don't hurt anyone else's progress. As far as I can see, nothing you've posted hurts anyone else's progress.

Please hang in there, and carry on. I'm cheering for you to find your own best path, and accomplish all your goals!