Vulnerable in Hermitage, Tn

Hi I’m Becky, I’m obese and live in Hermitage Tn. Honestly I’ve been struggling with my weight for a while now…. Even more honestly it’s been since my youngest child’s birth. He is turning 24 next week. A that’s not 24 months either…… it’s years, yikes!
I believe this time I’m on the right track but I’m going to need a lot of help to stay on track. So here I am putting myself out there like a family size bag of chips at a party.
Please introduce yourself and let’s be accountability friends especially if you live near by.

Replies

• nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 11,280 Member
    Welcome, Becky!

There are some great threads created by our members, bookmarked to the top of each category that may be helpful. Just look for "Most Helpful Posts - whatever the category name is”.

For example:
    You can also ask your questions in any category that interests you, read posts or questions made by other members, join a group, or add some friends.

Here are some frequently asked questions that may also be helpful: FAQ's
  • Tessysworld
    Tessysworld Posts: 4 Member
    Adorable..looks like your baby sheep is loving your attention 🌻
  • rsingh427rs
    rsingh427rs Posts: 1 Member
    Hi,

Have been on a GLP1 for 8 months. I want to stop the medication and maintain my weight. I lost 55lb, no longer diabetic & this helped my PCOS.

Any tips on Maintaining? I do lots of protein and lots of water
  • michaelpacocha
    michaelpacocha Posts: 5 Member
    Welcome from Plano, TX
  • LucyRosemom
    LucyRosemom Posts: 1 Member
    Hi, I'm Lynn and I live in East Texas. I've lost 21 pounds since February using Ozempic but my source has dried up and my insurance won't pay. Now, I'm looking for alternatives and support to lose the next 20, and the next, and so on.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 34,026 Member
    Hello, and welcome, @rbwalkertn4936!

That sheep is So. Cute. And I admire your beautiful smile, besides!

While I've visited but don't live in your beautiful state (I'm up in the Michigan mitten ;) ), I'm cheering for you to succeed.

MFP was a huge help for me to lose weight at age 59-60, and the benefits are bigger than I could've anticipated, so worth the effort.

Sending positive thoughts for huge success!
  • rbwalkertn4936
    rbwalkertn4936 Posts: 3 Member
    Thank you all.
    Unfortunately I have no advice on maintaining or losing weight as I’m learning as I go. Right now I think my biggest focus is being more aware of mindless eating, what I’m actually putting in my body and upping my water intake.
    Right now I’m struggling with wanting a day off. One that I can just throw caution to the wind eat everything in site and start again tomorrow. Then I realize the holidays are coming up and those will be my crazy cheat days. I have to stay strong and not cave in….. but I want candy corn, pumpkin spice, and everything nice! Ugh!