Atkins and calories

Options
13»

Replies

• sarahsedaii
    sarahsedaii Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your helpful - and no so helpful - comments. I am hoping to make this a long term change. I did my research before I started, and I started the lifestyle change because of medical reasons. So far I feel great, I was just worried about not eating enough.
  • questionablemethods
    questionablemethods Posts: 2,174 Member
    Options
    i did atkins a long time ago..i dropped like 50 pounds over 6 months but after about a month, after learning about low carb i modified it. it was a great tool to jumpstart the low carb diet but i remember when i was strictly on it..i just felt gross. BACON? CHEESE? ENCOURAGING ME TO EAT FAT?? GRREEEEAAAATT!! at first...but when you REALLY think about what your eating its pretty gross, and it just CANNOT be healthy for your heart long term.....LOONNGG TEERRRMMMM. you ingest a lot of fatty substances so your body will run off of the fat instead of carbs like it usually does, makes some sense but just gross. NOW if your doing this WHILE not eating **** TONS OF meat and dairy? then why not....but all that cholesterol, animals fed with crap food that they're by nature not supposed to be eating, hormones.......its just disturbing.

If its working for you great, but i wouldnt do it strictly forever, many poeple fall off that diet..i did. i SLOWLY gained most of the weight back over the past 6 years but i just realized i love my carbs too much. SURE it did permanently change some cravings for sugar and carbs that i had then which was the only success i found from that , well, along wtih jump starting my diet but it just doesnt make sense when you REALLY think about it. i would only see that diet working for people WHO NEED IT....MEDICALLY. thats why it was developed in the first place. for medical reasons, not a diet fad.

anyways after i did that for like a month i went to the good ole exercise, moderation, eating healthier and i dropped weight faster than i did when i was doing that diet strictly which is what is making me lose weight again now.

The body needs fat and runs very well on it.

The body needs cholesterol.

For those of us who are disgusted by factory farming practices (like me!), there are increasingly prevalent and easy-to-access sources of grass-fed and pastured sources of meat, dairy, and eggs.

But as long as we're talking about animals eating what they aren't evolved to eat....

Nah. I'll skip it. :laugh:
  • LowCarbForLife
    LowCarbForLife Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    i did atkins a long time ago..i dropped like 50 pounds over 6 months but after about a month, after learning about low carb i modified it. it was a great tool to jumpstart the low carb diet but i remember when i was strictly on it..i just felt gross. BACON? CHEESE? ENCOURAGING ME TO EAT FAT?? GRREEEEAAAATT!! at first...but when you REALLY think about what your eating its pretty gross, and it just CANNOT be healthy for your heart long term.....LOONNGG TEERRRMMMM. you ingest a lot of fatty substances so your body will run off of the fat instead of carbs like it usually does, makes some sense but just gross. NOW if your doing this WHILE not eating **** TONS OF meat and dairy? then why not....but all that cholesterol, animals fed with crap food that they're by nature not supposed to be eating, hormones.......its just disturbing.

If its working for you great, but i wouldnt do it strictly forever, many poeple fall off that diet..i did. i SLOWLY gained most of the weight back over the past 6 years but i just realized i love my carbs too much. SURE it did permanently change some cravings for sugar and carbs that i had then which was the only success i found from that , well, along wtih jump starting my diet but it just doesnt make sense when you REALLY think about it. i would only see that diet working for people WHO NEED IT....MEDICALLY. thats why it was developed in the first place. for medical reasons, not a diet fad.

anyways after i did that for like a month i went to the good ole exercise, moderation, eating healthier and i dropped weight faster than i did when i was doing that diet strictly which is what is making me lose weight again now.
    LOL
  • Drunkadelic
    Drunkadelic Posts: 948 Member
    Options

LOL

Yea pretty much my reaction as well lol.

Thanks for taking care of this Kaitlin. I just couldn't bring myself to do it today.