Almost two weeks in

I've been on my weight loss journey since September 16th, starting at 453.4 lbs, and I'm down to 443.6 lbs as of today. I’ve been sticking to a caloric intake of 1900-2000 calories daily, tracking everything carefully, including oils and sauces. I know from experience not to focus too much on the scale, but these mini stalls—like staying at 443 lbs for the last few days—are a little frustrating, though I know they’re normal. I'm pretty certain it's my body transitioning from shedding water weight to actual body fat now.

I'm feeling good overall and staying motivated. I plan to add more walking into my routine, aiming for at least 5,000 steps a day. There’s a nice trail near my house, and with the weather finally clearing up, I’ll start today Below is a log of my daily weigh-ins so far:

Daily Weigh-ins:

Day 1 (9/16) - 453.4 lbs

Day 5 (9/21) - 449.4 lbs

Day 6 (9/22) - 448.2 lbs

Day 7 (9/23) - 448.2 lbs

Day 8 (9/24) - 447.6 lbs

Day 9 (9/25) - 444.4 lbs

Day 10 (9/26) - 443.4 lbs

Day 11 (9/27) - 443.6 lbs

Day 12 (9/28) - 443.6 lbs

Is this a good weight loss rate so far?

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,336 Member
    I would say...you are well on your way. Keep it going.

If I had hung on every pound during my weight loss I would have lost my mind.

My approach was One Day At A Time, just do the right things and reap the benefits.

You have a long way to go, I hope you continue to succeed and find new ways to enjoy this major decision. Well done. :flowerforyou:
  • jonb_2921
    jonb_2921 Posts: 6 Member
    I would say...you are well on your way. Keep it going.

If I had hung on every pound during my weight loss I would have lost my mind.

My approach was One Day At A Time, just do the right things and reap the benefits.

You have a long way to go, I hope you continue to succeed and find new ways to enjoy this major decision. Well done. :flowerforyou:

Agreed! Thank you for the words of encouragement.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 33,783 Member
    I agree with Riverside, as usual.

One of my personal platitudes is "the calendar is not a weight loss tool".

The real prize here IME is not simply reaching a number on the scale, it's experimenting and finding sustainable new routine habits - both eating and activity - that not only get us to a healthy weight, but also keep us there (and happy with our lifestyle) long term. I think we want those habit habits to be things we can continue almost on autopilot when other parts of life get challenging, because eventually they will.

You're off to a good start. Stalls (or mild ups and downs) on the scale are part of the process, because our bodies don't consist of only fat and muscle, but also a bunch of water; and on any given day a varying few pounds of waste are also in the digestive tract heading for the exit and registering on the scale.

In a reasonably consistent calorie deficit, water and waste fluctuate by several pounds per day routinely, while fat creeps off gradually behind the waste/water bumps and valleys. The long run trend - 4 to 6 weeks - will give you a better picture of fat loss.

Keep steady on course; you'll do fine. I'm cheering for you to succeed!