LESS Alcohol ~ SEPTEMBER 2024 ~ One Day at A Time

Replies

• SparkSpringtime69
    SparkSpringtime69 Posts: 1,144 Member
    edited September 29
    28 AF days and day 29 is here. Saturday I ran into a "trigger" moment. I felt a mild desire to buy wine on Saturday after I did a double class at the gym on an empty stomach and stopped by the Albertsons supermarket to pick up fruit. The urge got stronger when I went to reach for organic red grapes and next to them in my visual field of course was a wine display. And the wine was cheaper than the grapes. Normally I would've fallen for it but instead I picked up diet doctor pepper (I know, a bunch of chemicals), diet A&W (more chemicals) and Soleil brand fizzy water in cans, mix of Mango flavor and some Cucumber Melon. I had a soda when I got home and all was well. Craving ended.

Kinda wish my local politicians would work to control the number of unnecessary wine displays dispersed within supermarkets. Like we don't need 5-10 wine bottle displays scattered throughout the store. This produces temptations in people trying to improve their health. Be respectful and just keep the booze to one aisle at the back of the store please.

Happy I am not drinking though. Very happy :)
    xbowhunter wrote: »
    Good morning my LA friends! :)

Happy Sunday!

I survived 2 get gatherings where alcohol was flowing and Friday felt a little tempted but I stayed true to myself and I am proud to say I didn't cave to the peer pressure. One more event today but I feel confident I can be alcohol free again today.

AF - 17
    A - 11

You're both doing great! It's very inspiring to read about your temptations and ultimate successes.
  • SurferGirl1982
    SurferGirl1982 Posts: 247 Member
    edited September 29
    Hi All! I don't have anything to report today. But I just wanted to check-in.
    27 days AF done and day 28 is here. The wine devil in my head sent me a crazy thought: "Hey, day 30 is coming, you can drink then since 30 days AF is enough and you deserve it; you don't need to keep going AF now, you're fine to drink 1-2 drinks now".

@globalhiker That thought is soooo me! In the past, whether my goal was 30 days, 60, or 90, I always feel that the day after I fulfill my goal that it is "OK" to drink again. I'm not sure what your personal goal is, but isn't it funny, how people that have some problem with moderating their alcohol think the same? The more I read in this group, the more I realize that I'm not so different!

And @xbowhunter I'm very proud of you. I don't think you posted yesterday. It scared me! I know you didn't ask for it. But, you've become my inspiration! If you can do it, so can I! No pressure though 😁

• SurferGirl1982
    @RubyRed427 Doing good! Are you feeling any better or changes?
  • SurferGirl1982
    @xbowhunter I'm glad you were strong again tonight. And, thanks again for you support and motivation!
  • KarinSanden
    KarinSanden Posts: 46 Member
    Thanks @surfergirl1982, Unfortunately I didn't get a third day into that streak :/

@KarinSanden Very impressive numbers! Keep up the good work!

Thank you, it is not so impressive as I don't have much of a problem with alcohol. Sweets is my problem and my results with that is not as successful. :neutral:
  • xbowhunter
    xbowhunter Posts: 1,112 Member
    Hi Everyone, LTNS.@xbowhunter I too, need to completely stop drinking after too many years of trying to do moderation, which does not work for me. I've been 7 days AF now. I also cannot post on that link. Can you let us know how to do so?

Thats really odd. I just opened the link, and I can post on it no problem... not sure what the issue is. Maybe MFP gremlins... :(
  • SurferGirl1982
    edited September 30
    xbowhunter wrote: »

I have made the decision to quit the poison for good now. The way I feel without alcohol is simply amazing. Knowing what I know now I see absolutely no reason to drink again.

With that said I have joined the sober October challenge. I will move on from the LA challenge because I am not interested in less alcohol rather no alcohol.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10924572/why-are-you-willing-to-try-sober-october#latest

Appreciate all the motivation from the LA members here. :)

Cheers!

@xbowhunter It's funny, a couple of weeks ago, I was thinking that the "Less Alcohol" forum might not be the right group for me also. I too need to quit drinking completely. Sometimes, reading other's posts of drinking wine gave me thoughts of buying a bottle of wine. In fact, my husband and I were in St Vinnie's thrift store the other day. While he was looking at shorts. I was in housewares, when I noticed some wine glasses. I saw a couple that I liked. If he wasn't with me, I probably would have bought them. And I don't even drink wine!

I've met so many nice people in this thread. So I will probably check in from time to time.

@chicbuc, @SunnyDays930 I also could not post in that group. For me, I had to "Join" the group. I'm using the website version. On the website version, when you go into "Community", there is a list on the right: Groups, My Groups My Bookmarks, etc. I clicked on "Groups". I saw the group. I believe the title is, "Why are you willing to try "Sober October"? When I clicked on it, there was a button to the right that said "Join". After that I was able to post. If I didn't help...maybe someone else can help you with a better explanation 🤔

Final September numbers:

AF - 2
    A -28

Hope to see those of you that want to quit completely in the challenge!

• SurferGirl1982
    edited September 30
    chicbuc wrote: »
    I have not been AF since my last update on Wednesday. I made it through the whole football game at the stadium yesterday with just water and then had wine later at home. Doh.

Anyway, no wine tonight. Tonight begins a streak for me, I hope. I think I might go for a sober October. I need it. See you all in the October thread!

Final numbers
    AF = 7
    A = 23

@chicbuc You might think your numbers suck. But mine were even worse.

AF - 2
    A - 28

I don't plan on deserting this group. I will still be checking in. But I hope you try to join the new group. I don't want to offend you, but I believe you are one of those people (like me) that can't moderate.

When you said, "I think I might go for a sober October. I need it". You know (in your heart) that you do need it and I think you do too. Please don't wait until you have medical issues. It really is scary!

• chicbuc
    chicbuc Posts: 573 Member
    No offense taken. Believe me. Keep on keeping on!
  • SurferGirl1982
    @chicbuc I still hope you'll try joining the new group. We can belong to more than one group at a time. Like I said, I will still be checking in here. I enjoy talking to you and the others.

Let's just do the best we can! OK?