LiveFit 12 Week Trainer - Jamie Eason

Replies

• alyssamehus
    alyssamehus Posts: 49 Member
    Ha! I know EXACTLY how you feel. I can't pinpoint what exactly did it for me but it must have been the introduction of the new exercises (single-leg deadlifts, lunges, etc.). I did legs Friday, had a rest day Sunday and just started feeling more normal Monday afternoon. I am supposed to do legs AGAIN today but I haven't quite decided what I want to do. Ha! I may do shoulders/abs today, take a rest Wednesday, and then conquer the legs again Thursday. We'll see how I feel once I actually get to the gym and attempt those damn single-leg deadlifts :smile:

BTW, glad to see we are both around the same exercise! It is nice to chat and see how each other is reacting to the workout. Thus far, I haven't found the arms to be too difficult but I might not be doing enough weight. I still don't really know exactly how much is too much as I really don't want my arms to be hurting as much as my legs did! But, I don't know about you, but I am definitely starting to notice a little more definition in my biceps. It's nice to know there actually is a little bit of muscle hiding under the flab. :laugh:
  • I have been thrown a little off schedule! All 3 of my kiddos are sick! I did make it to the gym yesterday morning, but not this morning. I tried to up my weight a little with the arm workout. My arms are sore today, but it's nothing like the legs were. I can tell some definition under my flab too! I keep telling my husband, "Imagine how great my arms are gonna look once I get this fat off of it." :laugh:
    It is nice to have someone that is going through the pain too!
  • alyssamehus
    So I ended up doing my legs Tuesday! It actually went a lot better than I expected. I was a little careful on the deadlifts and could definitely feel the burn by the 2nd set. I have been slowly trying to up my arm weight too. the gym I go to has increments of 5lb between dumbells though so it is kind of a big leap, at least for me! So sorry to hear about the kiddos!! Hopefully you don't catch any of the illness :sick: I had a rest day yesterday as I had to run some documents to our state capitol which was like 2 hours away so didn't leave much time for working out by the time I got home. Did hope on the elliptical though for 30 minutes while watching Modern Family! I always feel better doing at least SOMETHING. Plus had to burn off some of the Buffalo Wild Wings my brother made me go get. Ha! Oh well. Guess you gotta splurge a little here and there, right?!?

I have shoulders/abs tonight. How are the legs feeling today? Hopefully the aches and pains are starting to go away by now :wink:
  • My legs finally feel normal again! My kids are all still sick! Taking the youngest 2 to the doctor today. I am going to bomb my house with lysol this weekend!
    I feel so behind on my workouts. I only went to the gym on Monday and Wednesday this week.:sad: I will workout Saturday and Sunday, so I will actually only be behind one day this week.
    Sounds like you are doing awesome! About how much weight are you using for the exercises? I think the highest dumbell I have used for any of the arm exercises is a 15lb one. I usually use the 10's or 12's. After I finished my biceps workout on Wednesday, I picked up the 20 pounders and couldnt even do a curl!:laugh: It made me feel very weak!
  • alyssamehus
    Hope the lysol kills all those littlet pesty bugs! Ha! I absolutely hate being sick and especially with kids, it spreads like wild fires. Hope it isn't too serious :frown:

I have been pretty lucky with getting to the gym as much as possible--I work til 3:30 everyday and then go straight there to get a quick workout in before heading home to make dinner. I am right there with you though on the 10-15lb for arms. I think next week I am going to try and do as many as I can at a higher weight. Lately there has been all these beefy men at the gym and even though I am sometimes intimidated as hell while trying to lift my 12 lbs weights, I try to keep it cool and at least LOOK like I know what I am doing. Ha! I think that is why I love this program so much because before I would step into the weight room and just kind of wander around like a lost puppy :laugh:
  • RasheedaR
    RasheedaR Posts: 38 Member
    This is week 1 for me! Got a little off course with everything but will use today & tomorrow to get my 4 days in this week! I love the program so far! I HATE cardio so this program is perfect to get me back in the habit of going to the gym! Anyone have any progress so far!?
  • alyssamehus
    Welcome!! I find this program to be super helpful because I am kind of the opposite--I love cardio (well, I don't mind it, Ha) but I've always known that if I want to get serious about getting in shape, I need to do weights. The weekly plans are so perfect because you can work out on your own schedule and everything is outlined perfectly. I am starting week 4 this week and have been slowly noticing progress. First and foremost, I feel so much more comfortable being surrounded by the weights and having confidence in what I am doing. I have been able to up my weight amounts a little every other week which means I am slowly getting STRONGER! As far as physical changes, I have noticed the most in my arms, back, and shoulders. I haven't measured since I started but I am guessing I have probably lost an inch on each arm (at least I am hoping!) and I can actually see muscle in my back and shoulders! As far as the legs, they are definitely getting tighter which feels great. I don't see much muscle definition yet but, it's a work in progress. I have actually decided to add a little ab work to each workout just because only once a week isn't quite cutting it for me. It's definitely a problem area that to me, kind of determines how I feel all-in-all. I am hoping by the end of the 12 weeks I can post results pics (dependent on the results, of course :laugh: ) ANYWAYS enought blabbering from me but can't wait to hear about how you are liking the program and come back here so we can share our results and experiences!
  • knight76306
    knight76306 Posts: 260 Member
    Hi Guys! Decided to do week 2 again, since I missed half of it last week! It has taught me one thing though - plan, plan, plan. I've decided even if I have to go to the gym at 10pm I'm going. I'm so used to being in a hurry to get to spin class that since I'm not doing it, it's easier to let things get in the way. I was going to try to cram the 2 days into Sunday, but then I looked at week 3 and realized I'd be doing legs again today, so just decided to repeat week 2. Can't hurt.

Have to admit the single leg deadlfts are gonna be my down fall. Balance is aweful! We did those in boot camp. I think if I'm not in a hurry I'll do ok on them. It was kind of intimidating on the weight side of the gym, but you soon realize they are there to workout too.

I do like having a program to follow. One of the reasons I put off getting back to weights was trying to find a program. I worked with a personal traner for a while, but can't afford it anymore.

Did great last week with the nutrition - til this weekend. Starting over today. UGGGG!
  • Hello all! I am on week 4!

Knight - I agree about the deadlifts! Those things kill me! My schedule was off too because of sick kids and I can't wait to be all back to normal. Hopefully by the end of this week I will be back on the right track! Are you doing the nutrition plan from Jamie Eason? If so, thats awesome. I can't do it! I am just staying in my range that MFP gives me.

Alyssamehus - You are keeping me going! I agree with the feeling more comfortable at the gym. And I can tell a difference, not really showing a lot right now, but I can tell I am getting stronger! I can't wait until the 12 weeks is up either, but I am with you on the not knowing about pics yet!

Losingitin11 - Welcome! I love this program too! I can tell I have had progress and have only completed 3 weeks! Can't wait to see what 12 is going to do!
  • knight76306
    jamielr - I am trying to follow her nutrition plan. I was doing something similiar, so it's not a big adjustment for me. The thing I struggle with the carbs and not eating enough. So, this is a lot of food for me. Getting used to it though. My biggest hurdle right now is dinner. Things get so busy at night! I always seem to miss a meal!

I'm so used to the cardio side of the gym, it was a strange land going over to the weights. But the more I'm over there the more comfortable I am. Sometimes I feel a little weird being one of the few females, but the guys don't bother you at all.
  • jxbailey
    jxbailey Posts: 3 Member
    Starting the 12 week trainer tonight, can't wait to see how it goes! I've made her carrot cake protein bars and LOVE them!!! I'm making the turkey muffins tonight, I'm thinking they will be delish!
  • knight76306
    Anyone read Oxygen magazine? I got a recipe for egg muffins out of the new one. Very good! Even my 14 year old daughter loved them. Easier than cooking egg whites every morning. I've made the pumpkin protein bars. Took them to work for snack. No one believed that it wasn't pumpkin bread. Had to fight the them off!
  • So it's the day after the dreaded "leg day", and I have to say, I am not nearly as sore! I feel more like I just got done walking all day around an amusement park or something. Much better than last week when it felt more like someone had repeatedly hit me with a baseball bat in my butt and back of my thighs.
    And I am really starting to see a difference in my biceps! I can actually flex and something pops up there! I am super excited about that!
    How is everyone else doing?
  • knight76306
    The "dreaded leg day". Why do you think we dread legs so much? I'm the same way. It's my strongest part, so you'd think I'd like it more. Your comment about your biceps made me laugh. I didn't used to wear sleeveless shirts, but the first time I did - the comments! People haven't seen my bare arms in a loooooong time. It was very nice. Now, gotta get past that place!

I didn't do legs yesterday. Allegeries kicked my butt yesterday. Monster headache all day. So, went home and took a nap, then church. Was going to go after, but.... mom guilt.... she's 14, but still feel guilty leaving her alone part of the night. So, I'll either do them tonight with shoulders/abs or tomorrow. I have a softball game, so it will depend on how I feel after.
  • alyssamehus
    Welcome to the madness jxbailey!!! Actually, I am right along with the rest of you, I LOVE this program! I am finishing up week 4 and beginning Phase 2 next Monday!! I was looking at the plan and trying to figure out my schedule and I am pretty excited to move into the next phase. The exercises look pretty challenging but, looking forward to it.

jamielr84: Oh how we know the dreaded leg day so well! I am right there with you though, ever since that first week 3 leg day, it has gotten ALOT better! I could definitely still feel it in the back of my hamstrings and butt but not nearly as terrible considering I could actually stand up from my chair without whining :laugh: You have been such a motivation to me too!! Hopefully we can all start following each others progress and let me tell you, it definitely helps knowing there is someway waiting for an update on how your workout went :)

jxbailey: How was your first day?!?! I am so glad to hear the carrot protein bars are delicious. I tried the pumpkin protein bars and loved them as well!! Interested to hear how the turkey muffins turn out..for some reason the sounds of them scare me a bit. Ha!
  • jxbailey
    jxbailey Posts: 3 Member
    1st day went great, I even have my husband doing it! The only confusion for me is that I work out with a trainer 2x a week already so I will be missing those workout days on the 12 week program. I know I will be fine cause I get an *kitten* whoopin' from my trainer! I'm doing the 12 week trainer just as something new and fun to try, can't hurt that's for sure :)

The turkey meatloaf muffins are good...a little bland but still not too bad. I have another turkey meatloaf recipe (I'll include the recipe) that I am going to do as "muffins" on my next food prep day.

Turkey Meatloaf
    Serves 5

20 oz 97% lean ground turkey
    4 large egg whites
    4 oz old fashioned oatmeal, uncooked
    1 Tbsp Lipton onion soup & dip mix
    1 c chopped onion
    8 oz medium salsa
    2 tsp ground black pepper
    ½ tsp garlic powder

DIRECTIONS:
    1) Preheat oven 350 degrees.
    2) Mix all ingredients together until well blended.
    3) Place mixture in meatloaf pan.
    4) Bake for 1 ½ hours.

Nutrition Facts (per serving): 221 calories, 31g protein, 14g carbs, 4g fat, 2.4g fiber

So I think what I will do is just split the mixture up into 12 parts and place in muffin pan and bake, easy enough! Also FYI (I'm sure you would all figure this out) but the nutrition facts will be different since there are 12 servings now instead of 5!

Can't wait to hear about the program as it progresses for you all and to see for myself! Have a great day everybody!
  • Thanks for that recipe! I have been looking over her meal plan, and I think I am going to give it a try. So far I have just been following MFP guidelines. I figured giving it a try for a week won't hurt any. Hopefully its something I can stick to. I still have quite a bit of weight to lose and I think this will help out.
    I have been doing the treadmill or the elliptical a few times a week after my workouts. I hated it at first, but I think I am falling in love with the elliptical! I don't get the knee pains and such like I do on the treadmill. And I am still sweating buckets by the time I am finished, so I know I am working it. Anyone else have a preference? I am not giving up on my running though! I think I actually might start a half marathon training schedule after I finish this 12 week trainer. I really want to say I have done one in my life time!
    Have a great weekend everyone!:drinker:
  • lasttimelooser
    lasttimelooser Posts: 73 Member
    I'm going to start with Day 1, Week 1 all over again. I kind of stopped on week 3. I had bad news that I was going to lose my job so I was stressing applying everywhere I could. Thank God, I still kept my connections. Last week I have been in interviews, at least 1 every day. Good news, this Monday I was offered a job and I start on the 10th. So starting this Monday, I am going to start all over with Day 1, Week 1 since the past 2 weeks have been crazy for me. I am not giving up just starting all over....
  • alyssamehus
    Congrats on finding a job so quickly!!! Hope it all goes well and good luck with restarting the program :) It takes a lot of determination to jump back on the bandwagon.

I start Phase 2 this afternoon and looking forward to it. The workout looks like some good back exercises and 30 minutes of medium intensity cardio. I will let you all know how it goes :wink:
  • JJMS
    JJMS Posts: 42 Member
    I am currently on Phase 1, Day 8 :)