What can i do with ground turkey?

Options
2»

Replies

• abeachlady
    Options
    Throw some feta cheese in it and make turkey burgers! Sooo yummy with an avacado on them!
    Add some thawed out spinach, drained, with some lemon pepper and garlic salt to the ground turkey and low fat feta. A wonderful turkey burger. Low cal, low fat, lots of taste, healthy!
  • traveler0623
    traveler0623 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I use ground turkey in chili, tacos, and lasagna instead of ground beef. My husband isn't a huge fan on the taste of turkey so the spices and sauces in them hide it well :)

I use the following recipe from off the back of the box of ronzoni healthy harvest lasagna. I also throw in a decent helping of spinach in between some of the layers. You could use ground turkey instead of ground beef in any of your favorite chili recipes. Those two aren't the lowest calorie, but they are very filling and healthy. Using ground turkey in tacos on the other hand can be very low calorie. I usually skip the taco shells and make mine into a salad. The calorie content all depends on what you put on it. I usually have beans and salsa.

Healthy Harvest Easy LASAGNA

Heat oven to 350°F. In 3-quart saucepan over medium-high heat, brown meat; drain. Add spaghetti sauce and water; simmer about 10 minutes. Meanwhile, in medium bowl, stir together ricotta cheese, one-half mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese, eggs, parsley, salt and pepper. 5. Pour about 1 cup sauce on bottom of 13x9-inch baking dish. Arrange 3 UNCOOKED pasta pieces lengthwise over sauce; cover with 1 cup sauce. Spread one-half cheese filling over sauce. Repeat layers of RONZONI HEALTHY HARVEST LASAGNA, sauce and cheese filling. Top with layer of RONZONI HEALTHY HARVEST LASAGNA and remaining sauce; sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Cover with foil. Bake 45 minutes. Remove foil; bake additional 10 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting.

Ingredients:

1lb ground beef (I use ground turkey)
    3 cups (26 oz jar) spaghetti sauce
    1 1/2 cups water
    1 3/4 cups (15 oz container) ricotta or small curd cottage cheese
    2 cups (8 oz) shredded mozzarella or Monteray Jack cheese, divided
    1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
    2 eggs
    1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
    1/2 tsp salt
    1/4 tsp ground black pepper
    9 pieces RONZONI HEALTHY HARVEST LASAGNA, uncooked