*FRESH START!* Weigh-in Wednesdays through New Year's Day, 2025!

13Β»

Replies

• Walela617
    Walela617 Posts: 587 Member
    Wow, @LauriePar! 14 pounds?! That's AWESOME! 2 lbs. In one week it's great too!πŸ†I hope I can say the same on Monday!

Have a nice evening everyone! πŸ’—
  • Bemybestby60
    Bemybestby60 Posts: 1,709 Member
    For my Wednesday weigh in, I lost 2 pounds this week for a total of 14 pounds so far. Today I completed 6 weeks.

Sw: 224.3
    CW: 210.2
    GW: 160

Great progress. πŸ‘
  • Bemybestby60
    edited October 11
    Hey everyone! Starting over because another board to which I belong is weighing in on Mondays and I wanted to be consistent with all in which I participate to keep copying/pasting consistently throughout using the same dates. Please feel free to use Wednesdays or any day you prefer, as long as you hang in there and stay with us!

Okay; here we go. Although my regular weigh-in day is Wednesday, I'm going to follow along with the suggested dates for another board (OCT-NOV-DEC) because it will be easier to weigh in just once per week using the same dates.

All Time Highest Weight: I'm not sure about MFP initial weight, but my highest was 217.0 lbs. on 2/29/2008
    Challenge Starting Weight for this Group: 156.0 on Monday, October 7th, 2024
    Weight Loss Goal for this Challenge: 12-15 lbs. by 12/30/2024 [Wt. Range: 104-141; "Ideal" Wt. 133]

I will post updates weekly as we go, but will only paste scale stats once below in this post and again with a first/last, side-by-side, before/after progress comparison on 12/30/2024.

10/07/24: 156.0 lbs./Current Loss: 0.0 lbs./Total Loss: 0.0 lbs. Below are my "Day 1" (initial) scale stats:
    6kiligtty662.jpg
    I found two good links to try to calculate weight loss target dates: (Try it! It's very interesting!):
    https://www.fitwatch.com/calculator/weight-loss-target-date OR:
    https://www.medindia.net/patients/calculators/weight-loss-calculator.asp
    I think if I can keep up my activity and keep my caloric intake to ~1425-1500 I should be able to arrive within my goal weight by the end of this challenge.

We're in the home stretch to 2025 - only 12 weeks from Wednesday, October 9th!

Best wishes everyone, and have a GREAT week!
    <3 Carole

I liked the second calculator. It really hit home. Thanks for sharing.
  • Bemybestby60
    Well not much new to report. I am still at 192lbs. Golfed this week a bit chilly but one of my best games. Back on the treadmill. Counting my calories. Just keep on trying.
  • Walela617
    edited October 11
    Hello!

I like the second calculator better as well - hope it's more accurate, because I find I have great difficulty eating less than 1,500 calories per day, especially when I'm more active.

About staying the same weight, maintenance is good - it's actually harder than losing (for me, anyway). I can't golf at all, not my mom's father used to golf so much he had his own trophy room! (I didn't inherit the "golfing gene", I guess! πŸ˜‰

Have a nice night,
    πŸ’—Carole
  • Walela617
    Speaking of 60, once you get to "senior" age, guess what? There is an advantage, such as:

https://www.omnicalculator.com/health/geriatric-bmi

You can weigh more and still be "healthy" because your BMI weight range goes UP!😁

Have a nice night,
    πŸ’— Carole
  • Bemybestby60
    Speaking of 60, once you get to "senior" age, guess what? There is an advantage, such as:

https://www.omnicalculator.com/health/geriatric-bmi

You can weigh more and still be "healthy" because your BMI weight range goes UP!😁

Have a nice night,
    πŸ’— Carole

Thanks Carole. Helpful information. Have a great weekend.
  • Bemybestby60
    Hi there, I started my weight loss journey just 4 weeks ago using the app, and just found out about Communities and challenges, happy to join))

I lost 7lbs in past four weeks. Probably won't make it to 20 by Christmas but whatever, as long as it goes down πŸ™Œ

Welcome to the group. Great accomplishment for 4 weeks.
  • Walela617
    edited October 12
    @Applushka, Welcome! I'm with you - I just want to see significant progress by the end of this year! (For example, I'd love to lose Seven pounds in for weeks - that's GREAT!πŸ†)

Happy Weekend everyone!πŸ’—
  • Walela617
    Hello everyone,

Challenge Starting Weight for this Group: 156.0 on Monday, October 7th, 2024
    Weight Loss Goal for this Challenge: 12-15 lbs. by 12/30/2024 [Wt. Range: 104-141; "Ideal" Wt. 133]

I will post updates weekly as we go, but will only paste scale stats again with a first/last, side-by-side, before/after progress comparison on 12/30/2024.

10/07/24: 156.0 lbs.
    10/14/24: 154.8 lbs.
    WK LOSS: 1.2 lbs.
    TL LOSS: 1.2 lbs.

Have a great week!
    πŸ’—Carole
  • Melissa6107
    Melissa6107 Posts: 1 Member
    Hi everyone, I'm Melissa. Today is my first day of a fresh restart. With MFPs help, I did manage to lose about 70lbs last year! Unfortunately (and well, fortunately too) I gained most of it back because I got pregnant. I'm very happy with my son but it's been a struggle with my weight. He is now 7 months old and I really really REALLY need to get back in the saddle. All of my amazing progress is gone and I am back to square one. :(

Some info about me: I am a mom of three (6/3/7 months), stay at home mom military vet (10y in the USAF), I homeschool my oldest and I run a small business (3d printer who spends every free moment I can painting when I am not teaching/cooking/cleaning/chasing after screaming feral kids)

Starting stats:
    35yo/6'1"
    October 15 Starting weight - 261.4lbs
    October 31st Goal weight - 258lbs
    Ultimate Goal weight - 180lbs

• Walela617
    edited October 15
    Welcome @Melissa6107 ! Congratulations on the birth of your son and thank you for your service! As for the weight? You've already proved you can do it! We're rooting for you! πŸ’ž
  • Walela617
    Trying out a weight loss ticker:
    weight.png
  • LauriePar
    LauriePar Posts: 257 Member
    Posting a day late for weigh in Wednesday, but I lost 2.1 pounds this week for a total of 16.2 pounds I’ve lost since I started 8/28.

SW 224.3
    CW 208.1
    GW 160
  • Bemybestby60
    Congratulations @Melissa6107 on the birth of your son. You sound like one busy lady. Welcome to the group.
  • Bemybestby60
    Well I am back at 193 lbs. It is depressing. It is like my body won't budge. Keep exercising something will have to change.
  • Bemybestby60
    Trying out a weight loss ticker:
    weight.png

I couldn't find this tool on MFP. Could you point me in the right direction. Please and Thanks. Only if you have time.
  • Lynn__W
    Lynn__W Posts: 1,028 Member
    Carole, so happy I found your challenge; would love to join it. Although I retired five years ago I returned to the workforce a year later, but now work at a Sr Assisted living facility 3 days/week. Wednesdays are the 1st day off of my 4 off so it's I've often considered Wednesday as my Reset / Restart day.

For starters, I have 30 lbs to lose but will focus on 5 at a time. My goal is to feel healthy and energetic once again, while also focusing on improving flexibility, strength and overall fitness. Not ready to be "old" yet.

Wednesday Weigh-In’s:
    Goal Wt: 145
    Start Wt ( Sept 25): 174.8
    Sept 25: 174.8
    Oct 2nd: 175
    Oct 9th: 175.8
    Oct 14, post Cdn Thanksgiving: 179.2
    Oct 16th: 178.8
    Oct 23rd:
    Oct 30th:
    Nov 6th:
    etc
  • Walela617
    Happy weekend everybody!

@Bemybestby60, for the ticker, I just went out to the ticker factory website and created our there, then followed the instructions on how to paste it to a board. Here is a link to the site:
    https://www.tickerfactory.com/design/WeightLoss/
    Hope it works for you! (I have to figure out how to update it now.) I'm afraid I might have gained weight this past week, not I have to wait until my regular weigh in this Monday. We shall see...

Enjoy the weekend!
    πŸ’— Carole