🫑Vegan and 🐔Kosher Dinner Ideas 🍽

Alyshe
Alyshe Posts: 511 Member
edited October 11 in Food and Nutrition
I need some vegan and kosher dinner Ideas and though I may not be the only one. So I though I'd ask.

Why Vegan & Kosher !???
Well because some in my house are Vegan and some eat Kosher meats.

Vegan as in I still use butter, honey and eggs.

🥑What are some of the things you enjoy making for you and maybe even your whole family?
🍓Also do you have any on the go Vegan and Kosher meal?
🥔And if you do prepping what meals do you prep?

Replies

• Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,169 Member
    edited October 11
    Family of two and no vegan or kosher. Nothing to contribute, but maybe somebody will bring ideas to your table.
    Have you tried Mr. Google?
  • SafariGalNYC
    SafariGalNYC Posts: 1,334 Member
    A kosher butcher will have beef and poultry that has been drained. Roast chicken or steak. (How observant your household it will determine if you use non kosher pans etc…)

If I were cooking for a vegan friend.. I would make a ratatouille.
  • Alyshe
    Alyshe Posts: 511 Member
    Gisel2015 wrote: »
    Family of two and no vegan or kosher. Nothing to contribute, but maybe somebody will bring ideas to your table.
    Have you tried Mr. Google?

Yes, but it's more fun to ask others 😊
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 33,871 Member
    Terminology quibble: If eating butter, honey, and eggs, that would technically be ovo-lacto vegetarian, not vegan. Knowing that might help with recipe search.

I know nothing about kosher, so can't help you there.

As a vegetarian, if we're talking a holiday mean or some other special event, I'm usually looking for either a casserole-type thing that would be a nice veggie side dish for others, but a main dish for the vegetarian; or something that's visually somewhat dramatic.

Examples: A casserole-ish main might be something like a veggie moussaka in which you'd substitute plant milk for dairy milk in the bechamel, if you don't eat dairy other than butter.

For regular meals, some other things that can work are enchiladas (bean for the veggies), hearty pasta dishes (with beans, using higher-protein pasta, can even sneakily blend in some soft tofu if it's a white sauce), creamy soups (with beans or tofu blended in, but actual cream is optional if you don't eat dairy - I'm talking about soups based on squash, sweet potatoes, white potatoes or some other such thing, with the protein blended in. Nuts or seeds (like pumpkin or sunflower) can also be blended in or toasted and sprinkled on top. Veggie stews or chili (red or white) are also good.

On the go or prepped: Egg muffins, regular muffins, veggie breakfast burritos, baked oatmeal, wrap sandwiches, hard-boiled or deviled eggs (I use plain nonfat Greek yogurt instead of mayo in the latter, just enough to bind the yolks - if you eat dairy).

Pretty much the only thing I ever prep is dried beans or other legumes (cook in batches and freeze in suitable portions for later use) and Winter squash (because I can only get my favorite kind in Fall, and it's not a good keeper).
  • Nicole_Lamar
    Nicole_Lamar Posts: 3 Member
    I’ve been vegan for 9 years not kosher the Jewish vegan blog is great here’s the link https://the-jewish-vegan.com/