A question for the women!!!

Options
FearAnLoathing
FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
So me an my hubby went to the bar to have a few drinks,we noticed this girl yelling at a guy for staring at her chest,she was wearing a VERY low cut shirt it was kinda hard to look at anything else. Anyways my husband asked me why chicks that wear low cut shirts get mad at guys for looking,when it seems like thats what they were aiming for in the first place. I couldnt answer the question since I tend to think like a guy,and do not care if people stare. So I thought I would ask the women of MFP
Why do some women get mad at guys for staring at their chest when they are wearing clothes that make it hard to look anywhere else?

Replies

• MissingMyOldSelf
    MissingMyOldSelf Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    LOL if you're wearing it and it draws attention, that's your own fault. If she didn't want anyone looking, she should have covered the puppies up.

She seems to be the kind that complains when it's a guy that she wasn't attracted to is the one paying her attention. I bet if the drunk of her choice at the bar was hitting on her, she'd have no problems.
  • JKMunger
    Options
    According to my husband, it's because they are teases and want to beat someone down...
  • california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    But I only wanted a really hot guy to notice my loverlies.

Seriously, I tend to not understand women at all. Ever. And I am one.
  • NicoleMensigg
    NicoleMensigg Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    To have a free right to be a ***** and make a man look like crap. They also like to draw attention to the fact that someone was checking them out, therefore making their insecurity more apparent. It's totally for attention!
  • roblow65
    roblow65 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    The yelling or making a fuss may be another way the women get attention, that way anyone who DIDN'T notice her would. If I want to wear something like that I expect the stares, other wise I don't wear it!
  • My3Rayz
    My3Rayz Posts: 373
    Options
    I don't get it...if I put my goods out on display, how can I get mad at someone for examining the merchandise???
  • WWhitaker
    WWhitaker Posts: 309
    Options
    I'd say it's an even further ploy for attention. It also depends on the who the woman is as well. I'm very big busted and unless I'm wearing a turtle neck, the girls are likely going to be giving a peep show. I really don't wear plunging necklines because of it, but if I'm wearing something lower cut for a sexier appeal, it's usually to boost myself or for my fiance, but I know that other men are likely going to stare as well. It comes with the territory! :-P
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options

She seems to be the kind that complains when it's a guy that she wasn't attracted to is the one paying her attention. I bet if the drunk of her choice at the bar was hitting on her, she'd have no problems.
    You got it.
  • simplynila
    simplynila Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    LOL if you're wearing it and it draws attention, that's your own fault. If she didn't want anyone looking, she should have covered the puppies up.

totally agree!!!
  • FearAnLoathing
    Options
    Honestly it was just some guy staring at her from across the room,who she went up to and went off on him.
    Ive know many girls in the past who would complain about the same thing. I could never figure out why and the cnversation with my hubby,and the show at the bar made me curious
  • MissingMyOldSelf
    Options
    To add: she might have wanted to look like the "Damsel in Distress" and wanted more guys to come to her aid.

Biznitch needs to grow up.
  • FearAnLoathing
    Options
    I'd say it's an even further ploy for attention. It also depends on the who the woman is as well. I'm very big busted and unless I'm wearing a turtle neck, the girls are likely going to be giving a peep show. I really don't wear plunging necklines because of it, but if I'm wearing something lower cut for a sexier appeal, it's usually to boost myself or for my fiance, but I know that other men are likely going to stare as well. It comes with the territory! :-P

She was definatly trying to show them off.
  • WWhitaker
    Options
    To add: she might have wanted to look like the "Damsel in Distress" and wanted more guys to come to her aid.

Biznitch needs to grow up.

AGREED!
  • WWhitaker
    Options

She was definatly trying to show them off.

She just wanted more attention. You don't wear something sexy and not expect men (or women) to look. It's perfectly natural. The whole bar scene is a mating dance as it is, which is why people wear little to nothing in them.
  • brittanyjeanxo
    brittanyjeanxo Posts: 1,831 Member
    Options
    When I wear low cut shirts, which is pretty much all of them (though not ridiculously low) it's to draw attention upwards, not to my belly or thighs. However, I know there will be men that stare at my chest. So, while I may not LIKE it, I'm not gonna yell at someone for it. If you make them visible, people will look. That's like yelling at someone for staring at your face.
  • joybell32
    joybell32 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    If you've got it, flaunt it. And if you flaunt it, expect ppl to look at it! :drinker:
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    I agree with you. Couldn't answer it. I'm a starer myself, and get stared at. Such is life.
  • WWhitaker
    Options
    When I wear low cut shirts, which is pretty much all of them (though not ridiculously low) it's to draw attention upwards, not to my belly or thighs. However, I know there will be men that stare at my chest. So, while I may not LIKE it, I'm not gonna yell at someone for it. If you make them visible, people will look. That's like yelling at someone for staring at your face.

BAHAHAA!!! I'm totally going to yell at someone for staring at my face. That's hilarious!
  • MissingMyOldSelf
    Options
    Do a search on Youtube for Jenna Marbles doing "Drunk Girls at the Club." Perfect for this topic.
  • Hoppymom
    Hoppymom Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    Maybe HE wasn't what she was aiming for. She might have been hoping you would notice. I just sayin'. otherwise, just a drama queen looking to kick some guy for being a guy. My daughter is 15 pounds heavier than me and most of it is in her bra. I have noticed guys check her out and she can be nicely covered up. Sigh.