(NEW) OPEN CHALLENGE: FIT BY OCTOBER!!!

Options

Replies

• VeganGal84
    VeganGal84 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    QOTD #17: What is your favorite workout right now?

Mine is stationary biking! This is mostly because it's the only exercise that doesn't make my neck hurt. (Stupid whiplash)
  • hanaibo
    Options
    Checking in! Since my latest adjustment, I lost 1lb...I thought it would happen in 2 weeks, but ever since I've been eating more (and running around school) I've been shedding a little bit of weight daily. Feels like I broke a plateau. :) School has been busy, so it's nice to have other stuff on my mind (not losing for the past two weeks or so was getting to me). Woo! hit my first goal early!
    We're almost there everyone! Keep it up :3

It used to be cycling, but lately I can't see it as anything aside from transporting my tired a** back and forth from school. It gets old after 3 hours on some days. On days I don't have to ride, I like to do light calisthenics.
  • tammihart
    tammihart Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Checking in at 197 lb. 2 lbs from my goal, I think I will make it!

#17 Favorite workout right now is zumba.
  • Punkedpoetess
    Punkedpoetess Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    QOTD #17: What is your favorite workout right now? For awhile it was running and lately it has been kickboxing (I like the Denise Austin and 10 minute solution kickboxing workouts). It is a great stress relief for me and I find it fun.

Weight wise I have been going back and forth between 147.9 and 149. Now I am back to 147.9 and am pushing hard for my 145 goal!
  • nikkif87
    nikkif87 Posts: 193 Member
    Options

My favorite P90x workout is core. I love to walk to whenever I get a spare 10-20 minutes, but it is getting too cold out around here.

No weigh in yet this week, too scared. I was terrible all weekend long, ate junk and didn't even work out. We will see maybe tomorrow.
  • toonzy
    Options
    Well 4 days till October, and I managed to surpass my own original goal in the FIT BY OCTOBER!!! challenge. I'm now at 187 so lost 19lbs in this challenge!! Yay!
    I'm somewhere between a 16 and 18 now so doing well. I want to get to 150, so still 37 lbs to go, but getting there!

Original Goal:

NAME: Toonzy
    HEIGHT: 5'7''
    START WEIGHT FOR CHALLENGE: 206
    GOAL WEIGHT FOR CHALLENGE: 192
    START PANTS SIZE: 18
    GOAL PANTS SIZE: 16
    FOLLOW ANY SPECIAL DIET: Count Calories
    DIET GOALS: less carbs, more whole foods..low GI
    EXERCISE GOALS: 4/5 Gym classes a week
    OTHER GOALS: Reduce my *kitten*!
    FUN FACT: I have two cute beagles!

I will weigh in on last day and let you know how I got on (:
  • VeganGal84
    Options
    Good afternoon, Fitties! :flowerforyou:

I hope that you are all having great days! :heart: My day is going pretty well so far.

I am finally getting into the swing of things with the semester. My body is getting used to early morning workouts (I'm naturally more of an evening/late night exerciser) and I figured out that if I eat two small dinners split before and after class (around 5 and 9pm) I'm managing my evening hunger much better. I love when I figure this stuff out!

QOTD #9: How do you stay on track with diet and exercise in times of severe stress?

QOTD #10: How are you tracking your food right now? Do you pre-track or track as you go? Do you track everything you eat, or only certain foods? Do you eat your exercise calories or not? I wanna know everything, hahaha.

QOTD #11: Do you drink diet soda and/or other drinks with artificial sweeteners? Why or why not?

QOTD #12: What are your goals (weight, food, exercise, other) for September?

QOTD #13: (repeat, but important) What's your workout plan for this week? List it!

QOTD #14: What is your goal (doesn't have to be weight) for this week?

QOTD #15: Name 3 things that you can do in the next few days to feel better about yourself. Or if you already feel so freaking amazing about yourself that you don't need to do anything, please share with us some things you've done in the past.

QOTD #16- Share a typical daily menu with us! (For example, what are you planning to eat today, or what did you eat yesterday?)

QOTD #18: Who would want to join another challenge after this one is over? The challenge that I'm going to do is an idea from another website, and here are the rules:

tumblr_lqomzw3BVt1qdzkvd_large.jpg

I just really think that I need to take a break from junk food for a little bit, and 21 days sounds great! The only controversial item on there (to me) is peanut butter, because I really think that it can be super-healthy.

Any thoughts on this challenge? Thanks to Rae (punkedpoetess) for the suggestion! :bigsmile:

P.S. new challenged scheduled to begin on October 10. It will have its own thread!
  • Punkedpoetess
    Punkedpoetess Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    No problem Leah, I just thought having support as well as opening this idea to others who may be interested is a good idea.

QOTD #18: It will be difficult for me, but my sweet tooth needs to be tamed. Like yourself, I don't see peanut butter and other non-flavored nut butters as a "junk food" as long as they are natural ones. I am in, but will need a lot of support with this one. Not going to be easy for me, but I think it would be good for me. I think this challenge is going to be a beneficial one for many people including myself.
  • julidav
    julidav Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    QOTD #18: Who would want to join another challenge after this one is over? The challenge that I'm going to do is an idea from another website, and here are the rules:

Thanks for asking, but I have joined another challenge already that runs to December 24th. This one would be really hard for me at the moment since I will be spending some time away from home at the hospital. Which is a three hour drive from my home and sometimes you just have to stop to get something to eat. I am going to be making the best choices on food that I can during this time. I did good over the last couple of days while I was away hopefully it will continue.
  • MLStoMLK
    MLStoMLK Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    ROLL CALL!!!

Who's still here and working towards their Fit By October goals?

QOTD: At this point in the challenge, there are about two weeks left. Do you feel that you will make your FBO goals by then, or have to modified your goals a bit?

I'm still here, but the last two weeks hasn't been pretty (food wise). I am 5 lbs. away from my goal and I seriously doubt I will make it in 10 days. We've been celebrating birthdays non-stop (including mine) and I'm definitely back into the junk food place. Blah. I hope to get it under control and back in a good place so I don't gain any weight back! And it'd be really great to lose 1 - 2 lbs by the 10th.

I may be interested in trying the 21 day no junk food challenge. I know it would be a killer for me...but beneficial. I'm a sugar addict. Are you allowed to drink diet soda?
  • sp53
    sp53 Posts: 40
    Options
    I will miss this challenge group when it's over! Leah, I just reread your blog entry on writing/wt loss, about being what you want to be, just doing it. I want to lift weights, and so I am! I want to be a runner, so I'm starting to run!
  • julidav
    Options
    I'm just checking in. My weigh in was today and I lost 4.4 pounds this week.
  • Juniper88
    Juniper88 Posts: 142
    Options

A: I WOULD!!!!

I am desperately in need of a challenge like this one. Just a few questions though:

(1)- does gum (sugar free) count as candy? I 1000% need to chew gum when I work out.
    (2)- what about cookies and/or muffins made from scratch and from a healthy recipe (such as one from Hungry.com or a super,
    high in fiber one)?
    (3)- what about frozen yogurt? I am in process of using this to ween myself of ice cream (only has 90 - 100 cals per 1/2 cup).

No matter, I am in any ways. Totally freaked out though...
  • VeganGal84
    Options
    Good morning, Fitties! I'm getting sad that this challenge is almost over... but all good things must end, right? :sad:

Anyway, a couple of you have had some questions about the next challenge, and I thought that I'd answer them. Because I'm cool like that. :tongue:
    Are you allowed to drink diet soda?

YES. Diet soda is not on the list, so go ahead and drink it! Really, this challenge will be about things that YOU consider junk food. For some people, diet soda is considered a junk food, but for many (myself included), it's a part of a healthy diet. I will not be giving up diet soda during this challenge.
    (1)- does gum (sugar free) count as candy? I 1000% need to chew gum when I work out.
    (2)- what about cookies and/or muffins made from scratch and from a healthy recipe (such as one from Hungry.com or a super,
    high in fiber one)?
    (3)- what about frozen yogurt? I am in process of using this to ween myself of ice cream (only has 90 - 100 cals per 1/2 cup).

1- Sugar free gum is not considered candy in my opinion, and I'm not going to be abstaining from it. It's a staple for me, too!

2- I will be staying away from even healthy cookies/muffins/cakes for the challenge, but again, it's up to you. If you really believe that your snacks are healthy and you aren't tempted to overeat on them (I'm tempted to overeat any pastry, even the ones dipped in fiber!) then they probably aren't junk food for you. For me, they are, so I will be abstaining from them throughout the challenge.

3- Same rule as the cookies! If frozen yogurt doesn't tempt you to overeat and you feel that it's a healthy part of your diet, then go for it!

I have tossed and turned over the "peanut butter" part of the list... Because I really believe that peanut butter is healthy. Like, super-healthy. But I've decided that it will be good for me to give it up for 21 days, just to allow myself to be more adventurous in the kitchen! Some days I will have PB in my breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Seriously. So it's time for a break, even though I believe it's healthy.

I will post a link to the new challenge as soon as it's up!

I hope that you all having great days! And, since there are only a few days left now, here's a QOTD for you:

:heart: :heart: QOTD: What's your workout plan for the rest of the challenge? List it!:heart::heart:
  • VeganGal84
    Options
  • nikkif87
    nikkif87 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    QOTD #18: Who would want to join another challenge after this one is over?

Not right away. I am sad to say I don't think I will make my goal by friday, unless I lose 5# by Friday. Who knows?! I am trying to focus on getting through p90x so maybe next time. Glad I was able to be a part of this one!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,980 Member
    Options
    I will not make my goal.

So, I am making a new goal...and finding the "November" club, since I should be able to make my goal by then!

Thanks for all the posts, here - it has been lovely. Supportive. Purposeful. I appreciate you all!
  • VeganGal84
    Options
    QOTD: What's your workout plan for the rest of the challenge? List it!

M- 30 minutes on bike (done)
    T- 35 minutes on bike
    W- 40 minutes on bike
    Th- 45 minutes on bike
    F- DOR (end of challenge/MY BIRTHDAY!!!)
  • julidav
    Options
    QOTD: What's your workout plan for the rest of the challenge? List it!

M- Rest day (Today is my Birthday!!!)
    T- Walking
    W- 20 min Zumba
    Th- Walking
    F- Walking
  • hanaibo
    hanaibo Posts: 42
    Options

Waking Up Full of Awesome

There was a time when you were five years old, and you woke up full of awesome.

You knew you were awesome.

You loved yourself.

You thought you were beautiful, even with missing teeth and messy hair and mismatched socks inside your grubby sneakers.

You loved your body,and the things it could do.

You thought you were strong.

You knew you were smart.

Do you still have it? The awesome.
    Did someone take it from you?
    Did you let them?
    Did you hand it over, because someone told you weren't beautiful enough, thin enough,smart enough, good enough?
    Why in the hell would you listen to them?
    Did you consider they might be full of ****?

Wouldn't that be nuts to tell my little girl below that in another five years she might hate herself because she doesn't look like a starving Photoshopped Fashion Model?
    Or even more bizarre, that she should be sexy over smart, beautiful over bold? are you freaking kidding me?
    Look at her she is full of awesome.

You were once. Maybe you still are. Maybe you're in the process of getting it back.

All I know is that if you aren't waking up feeling like this about yourself, you are missing out.

This just made my day!