Fit For Christmas Challenge-October

Options

Replies

• mountiewife
    Options
    Hello....I would love to join your group /challenge if that's ok...??? I am Kelly and have a good 15 - 20 lbs tp lose....starting at 153....thanks!
    Would love to have you!! Welcome & good luck:)
  • mountiewife
    Options
    My weigh-in today is 131lbs; Lost two pounds since last Friday!!

I drank my 10 glasses of water today, very proud of myself on that one!

As for the workout, I walked 35 minutes today, but only at a leisurely pace :( Unfortunately, I've got a bulging disc in my lower back and rotated pelvis, and since Wednesday I've been in some serious pain. So right now my workouts are kind of on the slow pace, if any; hopefully within the next week I'll be doing better and can move at a faster, more intense pace! :)

I'm about to complete the rest of my squats and look forward to a new day tomorrow! :)

11403064.png
    Well Done!!!Great job on the water too! Sorry you've been having so much pain..hope you're feeling better soon:) as for the workouts...just do what is comfortable for you right now....I don't want anyone to injure themselves!
  • mountiewife
    Options
    Okay, got my water in, and made it to 50 squats. Will be at 100/day by the end of the week, I am SURE! Thanks for the challenge! Being another pound down is motivating......you're right, the 130s are sooooo close! I'm excited - I'll be going into the holidays feeling better about myself, not worse yet again! And I have energy......and even strength!!!

Reminder for myself: my goal weight for the end of this challenge is 130. That's .8 pound per week, and MFP has me set to lose .90 lb/week, so I'm trying to maintain that balance between enjoying the holiday foods and still pushing myself to be sensible and keep my ultimate goal of 115 in mind - enjoy, but not out of control!
    Great job on the water & the squats!! 50 is awesome....100 is a goal to work towards, I'm sure you'll be there before this week is up:)
    We've got 13 weeks left before the final weigh in....I think if we all stick together and stay on track, our goals will be within reach by christmas:wink:
  • AprilG412
    Options
    It's seem a little tough, but I am willing to give it a try. I will do the challenges for this week and weigh in next Friday. Thanks for the challenge.
  • proudmama0118
    proudmama0118 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Today was a horrible day all around... sigh. I forgot my water bottle at home, got stuck at work almost 2 hrs late so I missed the gym. Just finally getting home and I am getting ready to crash! Tomorrow is bound to be a better day though! I will try and do a few extra squats to make up for today's lack of ambition! I am taking my daughter (6) to the gym tomorrow for a run. She has been begging me to let her start coming so she will be ready for the 3 mile run with me she has planned for next spring! She is too stinking cute... how can I pass up such a gym partner!
  • proudmama0118
    proudmama0118 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Okay, so after I posted my failure for today and tried to lay down for bed... my conscience got the better of me... 50 squats done for today... better then saying I did nothing! Don't think I have another 50 in me for today... but now at least I did something!! LOL
  • quietlywinning
    quietlywinning Posts: 889 Member
    Options
    Okay, so after I posted my failure for today and tried to lay down for bed... my conscience got the better of me... 50 squats done for today... better then saying I did nothing! Don't think I have another 50 in me for today... but now at least I did something!! LOL
    Exactly!! Doing 50 squats is NO small feat, in my book! Let's go for 75 tomorrow. Maybe we can be at 100 for the last FEW days of the week's challenge!?!
  • kell_riley
    Options
    Well done you for getting back up and doing them! I'm not sure if have had that motivation!!

Well today is day 1! Off to a good start, I went to a bootcamp style class this morning which almost killed me a few times! I can't quite remember exactly how many squats we did, I'd say atleast 70 add in the lunges and step ups and burpee's and explosive squats I recken I've got the legwork covered for today lol
    I'm also trying my best to minimise binging as it's a bad thing I fo, so far no urge so yay! Altho having all three boys around today means lots of temptation!
    I've had 6 glasses already today and will definatly get another 6 in for sure!

Good luck ladies! Happy October! :)
  • mountiewife
    Options
    Don't look at your day as a failure...we all have off days. Good jub on the squats!!:) If you can get 50 done in a day, that's great!
  • RuchikaPal
    RuchikaPal Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    im in :)
  • mountiewife
    Options
    Well done you for getting back up and doing them! I'm not sure if have had that motivation!!

Well today is day 1! Off to a good start, I went to a bootcamp style class this morning which almost killed me a few times! I can't quite remember exactly how many squats we did, I'd say atleast 70 add in the lunges and step ups and burpee's and explosive squats I recken I've got the legwork covered for today lol
    I'm also trying my best to minimise binging as it's a bad thing I fo, so far no urge so yay! Altho having all three boys around today means lots of temptation!
    I've had 6 glasses already today and will definatly get another 6 in for sure!

Good luck ladies! Happy October! :)
    Great job with bootcamp!!! Your off to a great start with the water too!! I'll check in later!!
  • mountiewife
    Options
    im in :)
    Welcome & Good Luck!!
  • agriffin87
    Options
    HW-285 lbs
    SW-261 lbs
    GW-235 lbs for dec.23rd
    FGW - 145 lbs

Height- 5' 4"
  • mountiewife
    Options
    Got my run in for today, 50 squats so far(my knees are really bothering me today) and 8 glasses of water...will check in later:)
    Hoping to get out for a walk with my kids and dogs later..Have a great day everyne!!!!!
  • kkauz42
    kkauz42 Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    Today is my off day and I'm going to take advantage! Yesterday was my "cheat" day (I have 1 a week) so I'll be good today! Lots of water to flush out the pig out! :)
  • mountiewife
    Options
    100 squats completed!!!!! 12 glasses of water down! Gonna get into my comfy jammies and watch a movie with hubby when he gets home from work:) I don't know if I can resist the popcorn or not:ohwell:
  • quietlywinning
    quietlywinning Posts: 889 Member
    Options
    Made it to 75 squats today......whew! My butt is TIRED! My thighs are sore but don't seem so tired like my butt does, lol. Tomorrow....I think I'll aim for 75 again, then see how I feel. I am sore enough I'm afraid to say I'll go beyond that!

How did you do, Proudmama?
  • kell_riley
    Options
    Well done everyone! :)
    Well today I've been up since 5am with my 2year old son :( to say I'm tired is an understatement! My abs and legs are killing me!! I'll try and squat but I recken I'm going to struggle to get back up lol! Wow yesterday's workout was good!
    Have a wonderful day!
  • mountiewife
    Options
    It's seem a little tough, but I am willing to give it a try. I will do the challenges for this week and weigh in next Friday. Thanks for the challenge.
    Welcome to the group!!! If it's the exercise part that seems tough, don't worry about it...just do what you can...and i bet in no time at all, you'll be breezing through all the challenges!!:)
  • mountiewife
    Options
    @kell_riley-hope you get some rest at some point today!! Congrats on the great workout!!
    @ quietlywinning- 75 squats!! Good for you( they do make your bum sore hey??!!LOL) We'll have those buns toned up soon!!

Have a great day everyone!!!!