Skinny Minnie by Christmas Challenge

Options

Replies

• irunn2doorz
    Options
    Hey Yall!
    I posted my two 300 dinner recipes on my status. Both are two of my favorite things that I loved to eat when I was abroad. Both are super simple to make - you just need to have all of the stuff.
    One is an Italian pasta dish and one is a Korean dish. The Korean dish is technically over 300 calories, but that is because of the egg. I never ate egg in my bibimbap, I just put a ton of veggies. All "veggie bibimbap" recipes had egg in them so I just figured I would tell yall if you decided to make it and wanted to be lower cal, just ditch the egg.
    Let me know what yall think! :D
  • echeindl
    echeindl Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Hey Yall!
    I posted my two 300 dinner recipes on my status. Both are two of my favorite things that I loved to eat when I was abroad. Both are super simple to make - you just need to have all of the stuff.
    One is an Italian pasta dish and one is a Korean dish. The Korean dish is technically over 300 calories, but that is because of the egg. I never ate egg in my bibimbap, I just put a ton of veggies. All "veggie bibimbap" recipes had egg in them so I just figured I would tell yall if you decided to make it and wanted to be lower cal, just ditch the egg.
    Let me know what yall think! :D

Your dinners sound soooo good!
  • KimmehL
    KimmehL Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I have always been pretty athletic and in shape. I ran, played tennis, chased my kids....then I had a ridiculous accident which caused a broken ankle, a sprained ankle, and a broken wrist. I had been running about 25 miles a week when it happened--trying to ditch the last of the baby weight I had gained throughout 4 pregnancies. I was completely bedridden for almost three weeks...then pretty immobile for months afterwards. I couldn't exercise, I couldn't live my life, I got very depressed...and I just ate. Anything and everything. About the same time, my marriage took a nosedive, my ex-husband ran us into the ground financially and tried hiding things from me...my world just unraveled. I ate more, went on anti-depressants and the weight just rolled on. Anyhow--I have since divorced, and remarried and am extremely happy and content with my life, although it challenging--as you will see if you read my blog:)

So my goals...I am 5'4" but will never be a waif, nor do I want to be! My lowest weight since kids, was about 15 years ago...I was 121 and when I look at the pics of myself, I feel I look emaciated...I don't like that. I will be very content at 135-140...which should put me into a size 8...and I would love that! Also, when I was that low...I barely ate anything...and I love food. I love to cook, and would do it for a living if I could just up and walk away from my responsibilities now:)
  • caitastic24
    caitastic24 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I weighed in at 235.5 today!! I won't have time to weigh myself Saturday since I am working on a school project. I guess even though I didn't really exercise this week..at least the stress from school helped! lolol..I'll be better next week (:
  • jaimieht
    Options
    I sort of did the challenge this week - I tried to do Yoga Meltdown. Three times. I have not yet gotten through it. It takes serious strength lol.

I make it a little further each time I try so um... I will get all the way through it by 2012.

Even though I have been exercising/eating well this week, I know I am not going to make the weigh-in. I've lost, but not enough :)

That's okay though - maybe there will be a challenge that will hit the right notes for me and jumpstart something. :)
  • KimmehL
    Options
    I tried a couple new exercise routines this week--a Butt Bible workout, a resistance band workout and a 20 day shred workout...
  • jaimieht
    jaimieht Posts: 106
    Options
    I tried a couple new exercise routines this week--a Butt Bible workout, a resistance band workout and a 20 day shred workout...

What did you think of the butt bible workout? That is on my on-demand and I was thinking of trying it.
  • KimmehL
    Options
    I was sore for two days!!! I am going to keep it in my rotation though--it was a good workout!
  • jaimieht
    Options
    Today's weight: 168.8 lbs, which is -2.4 from last Saturday.

Whew!! Wasn't sure things would be good this morning :)
  • irunn2doorz
    Options
    I gained like 2 pounds. *Le sigh* I have been measuring and my waist went down a little bit and my legs too. I guess that is good, but that scale just makes me feel awful. -_-
    Put me down at 184.2.
  • alwaysangel
    Options
    212.8 for me this week!! So happy! GL to everyone!!! :)

Angel
  • romade188
    romade188 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Woohoo!! I'm down 1.3lbs from 207.5 to 206.2.. I'm getting closer to onderland, and I can't wait!!
  • OlibecaMom
    Options
    Down 1.8!! 256.0 this am! Yeah!! Don't know if we're supposed to update but I also added the two hours extra into my week.
  • allygree
    Options
    173.3 maintained but didn't lose- here is to trying harder next week...
  • KimmehL
    Options
    I had scale fiasco these past two weeks so everything needs to be adjusted I think. The scale I originally weighed myself on, I won't be able to weigh again until this coming Tuesday. The two scales I show at home show 203 and the other one shows 196...i don't know which one to believe. I am going to go with the high one, just because perhaps on Tuesday, I will be pleasantly surprised:)

Anyhow, i did the challenges last week since I posted late...could you change the weight on week 1 to 205, and the weight for this week is officially 203. (although, I hope when i weight myself tuesday morning, it is a lot less than that!)
  • pkotterman
    pkotterman Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I am totally bummed out! After a week with only 1 day over my calorie goal , 10 miles of walking, nearly 15 miles of mountain hiking and a fast 5K walk, I am STILL at the same weight- 155.8- I don't get it- so I didn't make the goal this week!
  • echeindl
    echeindl Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    So I'm still missing quite a few of you guys... Not sure what happened this week. If you are unable to get it in by Saturday please get it in on Friday.

Biggest Losers for the week:

Group 1: Caitastic24
    Group 2: alwaysangel
    Group 3: Jaimieht
  • jaimieht
    Options
    So I'm still missing quite a few of you guys... Not sure what happened this week. If you are unable to get it in by Saturday please get it in on Friday.

Biggest Losers for the week:

Group 1: Caitastic24
    Group 2: alwaysangel
    Group 3: Jaimieht

holy cow! I was worried I would miss the cutoff and yet I end up winning my group... wow. :)

My challenge is to give up either fast food or soda for the week. It can be done! :)
  • ecronick
    ecronick Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Not sure if I made it or not but my weight this week is 210lbs. That's 1.6lbs down from last week. If I didn't :(
  • lorimur
    lorimur Posts: 30
    Options
    Hope I made the cut off in time....tried to log on all day but could not get a connection as I was up in a lovely Spanish village working at a wedding and the internet connection was down as there was a forest fire !!...Helicopters out dropping water, firefighters out and we just managed to get all the guests up before the road was cut off for 3 hours.......all in a day's work.

So...my weight this morning was - 75.4 kg = 165.9 lbs - will have to check what result that is against last week...will post that in a minute..!!