Fab Foodies - Sat + 1st Week Challenge Thread!

Options

Replies

• cantjustcant
    cantjustcant Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    WOOHOO!!! Finished my first 2 mile race walk. I did the same race last year and finished 3rd to last! This year there were more racers and the course was a mess due to rain! I finished firmly in the middle of the pack! AND I RAN OVER HALF OF IT!!!! I am bouncing on air! The best part was when my 10 year old came to me at the finish line and said "I wasn't expecting you til the end. Guess that working out crap is working". High praise from a 10 year old!

Came home and did an hour of yoga to stretch everything out!

817 calories burned so far and it's not even noon!
  • heaverchell
    heaverchell Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    I'm starting off with most likely getting my appendix out. I find out in a few minutes. Thought better update before then. Will update this week still might be Monday before recipe. I guess I'll be in hospital fir several days and won't be meeting my exercise goals for awhe ;-(. I wil still captain team as eating healthy will be very important not getting to exercise. God bless! JR out
    Oh no....good luck and prayers for a speedy recovery
  • heaverchell
    Options
    I must have missed this somewhere....is our water goal 8 glasses or more?
  • kjnicol
    kjnicol Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I'm starting off with most likely getting my appendix out. I find out in a few minutes. Thought better update before then. Will update this week still might be Monday before recipe. I guess I'll be in hospital fir several days and won't be meeting my exercise goals for awhe ;-(. I wil still captain team as eating healthy will be very important not getting to exercise. God bless! JR out

JR I'm so sorry to here about this. But I'm sure by now you are out of surgery and that it all went well. Big hugs are heading your way as well as positive thoughts for a quick recovery.:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Yesterday I didn't get to the pool but I did do a homemade bootcamp style workout which made me burn over 500 cals. Also I tried something different for dinner. I had made a big batch of tomato based pasta sauce that had to be used up but didn't have the cals to eat pasta. So I used a trick I had seen on MFP, I used zucchini instead! It worked really well. I just used very long thin slices of zucchini cooked for a few mins in a pan and then topped it with turkey, pasta sauce, and parmesan cheese YUMMY!!!! My DH was also very impressed. I will totally be cooking it again.

OK Team let's go strong for JR this week and stay on top of our goal, 200 mins, under cals, and at least 8 cups of water!! WE CAN DO THIS!!!
  • heaverchell
    Options
    I find it hard to drink all my water--any suggestions to make it easier??

You can get flavors to add to your water. I get the Great Value Grape and I have no problem getting in water then.
  • d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, I should be able post today. On minimal pain killers. Everything went good, they did it via endoscopic. Should get out tomorrow if no problems today. Dr said in about a week I should be able to do light walking then in about 2 weeks I can do most of my normally things but would wait three weeks before heavy weight lifting especially square and anything putting trama on lower body. Thank you for your thoughts and prayers and I'm still here to kick your rears!!!!
  • d2footballJRC
    Options
    I must have missed this somewhere....is our water goal 8 glasses or more?

Yes you need min of 8 glasses or you lose a point. :-) also for those hating water there is things like : mio, propel, and true orange that add flavor to water without adding calories. Walmart carries all of them.
  • cantjustcant
    Options
    yummmm great value grape ROCKS!
  • calliope_music
    calliope_music Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    sorry i missed the thread yesterday, spent most of the afternoon at urgent care for my stomach issues...turns out i brought a lovely parasite home from my honeymoon in Mexico! i've been struggling with EVERYTHING (water, eating, exercise) so i am hoping the medicine they gave me makes me feel better soon. i am feeling better today (managed to have some homemade french toast for breakfast) and have been able to keep water down. i am hoping to go on a walk around the neighborhood later as well. i am going to do my best to get to the gym this week!
  • felicityksr
    felicityksr Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    calliope, I hope you get to feeling better soon! What a way to remember your honeymoon! :heart:
  • sherrisloan
    sherrisloan Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Jr glad everything went great. I guess the stomach bug is going around. I didn't hold anything down yesterday. I feel lots better today, but not eating yet. Hoping I'll be back to eating and working out tomorrow.
  • KZOsMommy
    KZOsMommy Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Jr,calliope and sherrisloan I hope you all get to feeling 100% soon!!!!

To everyone else- You are all doing a great job on the workouts!!!! Keep it up!!!

I have been so crazy busy the last two days getting my sons birthday party together, cleaning and yard work. I got my workouts in on top of it all. Sadly just the 30day shred and I like to workout longer then the 25 minutes. But I am sure I got some crazy burn doing all that work. Today is my rest day (my sundays are my rest days usually).

MAKE it a GREAT day!!!!
  • gods_gal
    gods_gal Posts: 305
    Options
    Well, I'm going to do something either incredibly stupid or very courageous! My hubs and I attend a Bible study at a friend's house across the highway. I just mapped it and it's 2.5 miles from house to house. Yes, I'm going to walk it. I'm going to leave an hour early and hopefully get there right on time. It's cool out today, unlike Thursday when I walked part of the way and had to call for a ride home. So, hopefully I'll make it and I know I'll feel incredibly proud of myself if I do. My hubs said to just call him if I feel I can't continue for whatever reason. Most of the way includes nice shady streets. I think I'll do fine.

On another note, several people at church today mentioned that I'm "looking good". Even my pastor commented. Love those NSV's!!

Hope you all have a great week and feel great!
  • felicityksr
    felicityksr Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    You can do it, Bonnie! I have faith in you. Keep us posted. :flowerforyou:
  • KZOsMommy
    KZOsMommy Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    That is Great Bonnie!!! You will ROCK those 2.5 miles I have faith in you :)
  • gods_gal
    gods_gal Posts: 305
    Options
    Almost made it ... 2.1 miles ... had to call hubs to come get me for the rest of the way. My back was killing me. He bought me a back brace tonight so hopefully if I start out wearing that it will allow me to go farther. Thanks for the cheers!! You guys rock!! :heart:
  • cantjustcant
    Options
    Awesome job Bonnie!
  • cantjustcant
    Options
    60 minutes on exercise bike and 30 morning yoga and 30 evening yoga!

1201 calories gone today!
  • d2footballJRC
    Options
    Good job guys, this afternoon I should be in the comfort of my home. From then I will start to pour on the support and motivation for this month! Thanks for working hard in my semi-absence!
  • faye_daisy
    Options
    Glad to hear you will soon be hope JR take it easy and get well soon!