I want a freaking cupcake.

Options

Replies

• paradise666
    Options
    Firm believer in having one cheat day a week.
  • Crystal817
    Crystal817 Posts: 2,021 Member
    Options
    Eat one then, get over it, and move on.

^^ flowerforyou:
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    so have it. plan for it and have it.

nothing wrong with cupcakes. I love them.
  • luvmycandies
    luvmycandies Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I got this tasty little recipe from my Weight Watchers days :)
    Serve it warm. It's 50 cals without the frosting; 100 calorie with frosting.

CAKE in a MUG
    Combine one box of angel food cake (the kind that you just add water and cook) and one box of cake mix (any flavor). Mix them together, I just put them both in a big ziplock baggie and shake it up. Store the ziplock in the fridge and use as you go. This makes 16 servings.

Then take 1/3 cup of the cake mix and 3 tablespoons of water; mix in a large mug.
    Microwave for 1 min.

Top it off with 1 tablespoon of store bought frosting. My favorite is Duncan Hines whipped.

Voila! Delicious 100 calorie cupcake.

nice
  • luvmycandies
    luvmycandies Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I agree, have it and move on. I love mini cupcakes as well!
  • kiahpyr
    kiahpyr Posts: 85 Member
    Options

CAKE in a MUG
    Combine one box of angel food cake (the kind that you just add water and cook) and one box of cake mix (any flavor). Mix them together, I just put them both in a big ziplock baggie and shake it up. Store the ziplock in the fridge and use as you go. This makes 16 servings.

Then take 1/3 cup of the cake mix and 3 tablespoons of water; mix in a large mug.
    Microwave for 1 min.

Top it off with 1 tablespoon of store bought frosting. My favorite is Duncan Hines whipped.

I'll be try this. mmmm......
  • kiahpyr
    kiahpyr Posts: 85 Member
    Options

CAKE in a MUG

Microwave for 1 min.

• scleesh
    scleesh Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Eat one then, get over it, and move on.

I second it!

I third that. LOL
  • Megan2Project
    Megan2Project Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Chocolate MIAM (muffin in a minute).

1/4 cup flax meal
    1 tbsp cocoa powder
    1 tbsp splenda
    1/2 tsp baking powder
    1/2 tsp cinnamon
    1 egg
    1 tbsp sugar free choc chips (optional)

Mix all ingredients well in large coffee mug and microwave for 1 minute. Let stand for another minute and turn out onto a plate. Can make a frosting out of 1 oz cream cheese, 1 packet splenda and 1 tsp cocoa powder.

This is what gets me by when the cupcake monster hits.

Well it hit me... and I just made this, it allright, except I used stevia... (shaking head)
  • bubblie117
    bubblie117 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    me too!
  • Kel3369
    Kel3369 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    HI! Do you have the nutritional information for the cupcake in a minute recipe? Also, can you buy flax meal at places like Wal Mart? Thanks! :)
  • babygurl48
    babygurl48 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options

1/4 cup flax meal
    1 tbsp cocoa powder
    1 tbsp splenda
    1/2 tsp baking powder
    1/2 tsp cinnamon
    1 egg

Mix all ingredients well in large coffee mug and microwave for 1 minute. Let stand for another minute and turn out onto a plate. Can make a frosting out of 1 oz cream cheese, 1 packet splenda and 1 tsp cocoa powder.

how many calories is this??? sounds heavenly!!!
  • babygurl48
    babygurl48 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options

CAKE in a MUG

Microwave for 1 min.

sounds good!!!!
  • JulieF11
    JulieF11 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    I ate a pumpkin spice cupcake today... with frosting. But, I worked out today, and earned that cupcake. Enjoyed eating it!
  • mamamc03
    mamamc03 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    chocolate cake mix & diet cherry cola.., Mix & bake! Yum!!
  • doinit4tayzie
    Options
    Not a cupcake but Skinny cow makes yummy candy for when the sweettooth hits. Butttt i am a firm believer if you want something once in a while go ahed and treat urself. Once in a while wont hurt you.
  • Megan2Project
    Megan2Project Posts: 351 Member
    Options

1/4 cup flax meal
    1 tbsp cocoa powder
    1 tbsp splenda
    1/2 tsp baking powder
    1/2 tsp cinnamon
    1 egg

how many calories is this??? sounds heavenly!!!

This one, I put into MFP as a recipe and it came to around 250 for the entire thing (minus the choc chips), however, they are big enough you can cut them up in half. You can google other MIAM recipies too, my mom makes a bunch of them.
  • rachemn
    rachemn Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    They are huge and there are so many variations. For the basic recipe I get 194 calories when I plug in, but I usually can only eat half at a time. You can also slice it and toast the slices and spread with a little peanut butter. Or skip the microwave and pour into a pan and turn into a pancake. Takes longer to cook then a normal pancake, but so good.

Basic recipe:

1/4 Cup flaxseed Meal
    1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder
    1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
    1 tablespoon Splenda (optional)
    1 egg

Mix everything together in a coffee cup. Cook for one minute in the microwave. Turn the cup upside down to take the muffin out. If it looks wet, let it sit for a minute or so. I have these for breakfast. You can add blueberries, or try other additions. Some people add a tablespoon of cream cheese before cooking.

Fruit/vegetable/nut suggestions:
    •Add a little mushed bananna, chopped pecan and make a bananna nut muffin.

•Add a tablespoon of canned pumpkin and substitute pumpkin pie spice for the cinnamon.

•Add some form of dried fruit.

•Put a few raisins in.

•Add fresh blueberries or raspberries. They are wonderful and freeze up nice.

•Add sugar free applesauce.

•Grate up a few baby carrots and top with splenda

•Add frozen cranberry slices and orange flavoring.

•Add chopped nuts (if you are far enough out from surgery).

•Powdered peanut butter.

•Chocolate peanut butter.

•Almond poppy seed version: add a dash of vanilla extract, a dash of almond extract, some poppy seeds and some slivered almonds. Then sprinkle a few more slivered almonds on top before microwaving it. You may need to use quite of bit of Splenda in it. Egg substitute can give a better texture than regular eggs.

Get creative! These are fun, filling and they keep you regular! :blushing:
  • staroftheeast
    staroftheeast Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I would sayb have one as otherwise you're liable to overeat trying to avoid eating that cupcake. Chocolate will always exist in my world.. LOL
  • Riley4ever
    Riley4ever Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Ha! Title really made me laugh.... well , amongst other things, it was having a blueberry muffin everyday which got me into the obesity range.... so now I've cut out takeaways, cheese, crisps, chocolate, cakes but I'll be damned if I'll ever give up my coffee light frappacino's - they are delicious and to me feel like I'm having a dessert and a Grande size is only about 110 cals :)