In the year since I joined MFP (w/pics)

Options

Replies

• Hoppymom
    Hoppymom Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    You look so good!!!!! Keep going! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • babygurl48
    babygurl48 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    you look so beautiful!! It's hard to believe u are at 207 right now.. u look like at least 160 if not less!! way to go!!!!
  • GurleyGirl524
    GurleyGirl524 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Awesome!! So happy for you. It's been a rough few days for me and your story helped me put my goals back in focus! Thank you for that.
  • smileybooliz
    smileybooliz Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Great Job! Stories like yours keep me going!
  • oldy76
    oldy76 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Look who the inspiring one is now! You look fantastic
  • apee24
    apee24 Posts: 46
    Options
    Wow I just have to say that right now you are a true inspiration to me. I am at 245 and need to be at about 130 according to my doctor. You look AWESOME! I would just like to say TY for the motivation!
  • happyheart15
    happyheart15 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    You look great! I like reading stories about tall people because I'm 5'10". If this isn't too intrusive, do you mind telling what clothing size you are now?
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Great job! You look fantastic! Your motivation is the same as mine. I don't want to be the fat maid of honor surrounded by my thin family members. Good for you for sticking with it and being honest with yourself throughout the whole process. I really admire an individual who can be honest with themselves.
  • SherryTX
    SherryTX Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Wow! Fabulous! I am about where you started at (though I have been as high as 300lbs) and just an inch shorter than you. This is wonderful - congratulations! And truly, thank you so much for sharing this with us. =)
  • spicypepper
    spicypepper Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    Awesome transformation!!!! You look younger too! We have the same goals!
  • laurielie
    laurielie Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Beautiful story, Beautiful you!!! Job well done, Gotta LOVE all these Success stories =D!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    you look great! well done
  • arosmith79
    arosmith79 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    You look incredible :) Very inspiring
  • amfmmama
    amfmmama Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    You look so great! I am going to a fair today. I am dreading all of the temptations. I think your success hasd inspired me to stay on track today!!! THANKS!!! Oh and love the haircut!!
  • sherry_augustine
    sherry_augustine Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Absoultely awesome and inspiring to someone just starting out!
  • mmelledge
    mmelledge Posts: 150
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your story. I have very similar attitudes toward tracking "bad" days, too. One of my goals is for what used to be a normal day to be a "bad" day now, and for the good ones to be normal! I've done WW before (with success, just not lasting), and I'm really psyched about the MFP community and tools.

Your pics are fantastic (you were beautiful even in your before pic, I hope you know)!
  • Sumijain
    Sumijain Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    What a great achievement! You look fabulous. :flowerforyou:
  • wannabesexymama
    wannabesexymama Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: WTG hun such a big achievement!! I also must say I hate tall woman lol J/K I was 200 and looked like I was 300 because Im a shorty (5ft) You look soo great CONGRATS and keep up the good work!
  • sandhillcrane
    Options
    I'm really happy for you! Congrats;-)) You look amazing! Keep us posted. It is so encouraging to hear/see success stories! :flowerforyou:
  • kateopotato
    kateopotato Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Seriously, thank you all for your kind words! I am glad that my story and/or pictures could help some people! It makes it feel like this journey was for a reason. The best advice I can give to those of you starting off is to take full body pictures of yourself for comparison. There will be weeks and months that the scale may not be cooperating and you get frustrated but it helps to look back and see what you looked like compared to where you have gotten.
    You look great! I like reading stories about tall people because I'm 5'10". If this isn't too intrusive, do you mind telling what clothing size you are now?

I started off in a 20 (still in some 18s although I was kidding myself that they still fit). Now I have a handful of 16s that are a little baggy and a couple 14s that are a little tight. I think a couple more lbs and the 14s will fit wonderfully. As for shirts- I am still in a large/xl depending on the cut of the shirt, but I blame the girls for that. They have gotten a lot smaller but are still quite big!

One thing I noticed with clothing sizes is that it seems almost like the larger sizes have a wider range to them before going up/down. I had to get down to 220 or so before I could fit into 16s but then I got to 14s a lot faster. I had friends telling me that every 10 lbs is down a pants size but that was NOT the case for me. I had lost almost 30 lbs and went down 1 size. I think it depends on how and where your body stores fat and where it comes off. If it comes off pretty evenly all over it may take more weight to gi down a pants size.

All I know is that I don't EVER remember buying 14s before. In high school I wore guys pants because I was kind of Tom-boyish and baggy pants were the cool thing but I know they were 38s and pretty baggy. When I started buying girls pants I was in an 18 or 16. I know that with vanity sizing today's 14 was probably a 16 then though! Haha

I got a body composition analysis done at my drs office in march (I'm due for another soon) and at that time I was told I have something like 159.5 lbs of lean body mass. That was probably the most helpful thing to know that even if I was at 0% body fat I would be 160. It put goals into perspective and just shows that BMI does NOT work for everyone. If I get down to 185 and my lean body mass stays the same then my body fat % will be around 15% which will be awesome for a woman. :) I've never "looked" my weights neither has anyone in my family. The hard part about that is it gave my mind an excuse. "so you weigh 250... You don't LOOK like you do, so that's ok"...
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!