anyone else have a skinny sister?

Options
Heather125
Heather125 Posts: 433 Member
Ok I really didn't know what to put this under but here it goes my sister is one of the ones that lucked out in the gene pool she's always been small no matter what she eats or does I remember being almost in tears going clothes shopping with her more than once. We're only 18 months apart me being older so I really wanted to be able to wear some of the clothes she could:grumble: . . Anyway I found out today I'm only 20 pounds off my sister's weight so when i do reach my goal weight I will be the skinny sister it made me feel good perhaps it's abit shallow but I feel that much better because I worked for it

Replies

• Heather125
    Heather125 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Ok I really didn't know what to put this under but here it goes my sister is one of the ones that lucked out in the gene pool she's always been small no matter what she eats or does I remember being almost in tears going clothes shopping with her more than once. We're only 18 months apart me being older so I really wanted to be able to wear some of the clothes she could:grumble: . . Anyway I found out today I'm only 20 pounds off my sister's weight so when i do reach my goal weight I will be the skinny sister it made me feel good perhaps it's abit shallow but I feel that much better because I worked for it
  • MommaPaz
    MommaPaz Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I don't have any sisters, but I have a skinny mom! Well not exactly skinny, but she weighs about 30lbs less than I do! Like you, I will be her weight, or less when I reach my goal. I totally understand where you're coming from. Its no fun to shop with a mom who can wear the cute clothes in the juniors section when you can't!
  • sweetapplepi
    Options
    I know how you feel. My sis is older than me and skinny than me ( naturally, she's never dieted). However, I've loved to love my body the way it is. I envied her as I was growing up, but now I'm grateful for my curves. :smile:
  • stillkristi
    stillkristi Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    Here's a great one! My sister (if you check the pics on my profile, she is the pretty brunette with her husband at the edge of the grand canyon) is 46, looks about 25 AND is a personal trainer! :blushing: Yeah, that's pretty ironic, isn't it!

We are lucky (I think its lucky - :huh: ) enough to have very different interests and tastes. Besides, she is about 5'5" and I am nearly 5'11" Growing up, we weren't close, but today, she is one of my favorite people in the world. :bigsmile:
  • angelinaz
    angelinaz Posts: 262
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: My sister USED to be the skinny one! Ate anything, looked good in everything. Well, not anymore! Even with my added 11 lbs, I am thinner, fit into smaller clothes, and just all over healthier. The tables have turned:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Seriously, I do love her and have lots of fun with her. She was just always the skinny one growing up who didn't like the frosting on the cake!

Thanks for the memories!:heart:
  • HealthyJess88
    HealthyJess88 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I know the feeling honey!

My sister is blonde, toned, tanned and tiny.
    I'm brunette, about 33lbs heavier than her and so pale people think I haven't been outside in years.
    We're the same height too so it certainly makes me look like a whale standing next to her.

However I comfort myself with the fact that we all have things we don't like about ourselves, I prefer my underlying build to hers (hourglass vs. athletic) and tan comes in a bottle (yay!) - so when I've lost this weight and we're out together, we'll both be hot sisters!

P.S: I also lust after my sister's wardrobe. Her tiny dresses are amazing. But by this time next year we'l have equally impressive wardrobes Heather,and we'llbe able to swap clothes with our sisters to our hearts' delight. And there's an upside to being a different size to your sister - when you've got an outfit planned for a big night out, there's no way you're going to come home to find she's already out that night wearing it! (My mum complains about how her sister used to do that, and how lucky I am haha)
  • yeahbuddy
    yeahbuddy Posts: 409
    Options
    I have an older sister who is really skinny. But she didn't used to be that way. Growing up she was always heavy. Then she moved away and got married. We didn't see her for a long time, then when she came back around she had lost all her weight. She has kept it off for probably 25 years now. I'm not jealous of her at all. In fact, I admire her commitment to her health and look up to her for her knowledge and encouragement.
  • ylin
    ylin Posts: 16
    Options
    My sister is 3 years younger than me and used to be known as the runt of the family. Of course, that's in her favor! She's 5'4" and has always been a size 0 or 1, weighing 98-105 lbs. I'm a few inches taller than her, and have always been at least 30 lbs heavier. I sometimes despise going to family functions because relatives compare the two of us. What also sucks is that most of the girls in my demographic are super skinny like my sis too.

85728.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    just because she's skinny doesn't mean she's healthy. If she eats crap and doesn't exercise it's going to catch up to her, whether it's by making her fat or by causing her to have an unhealthy heart. I'm actually really glad I wasn't born one of the "lucky ones" as you put it... because I know I'd overindulge and eat crap way to often, not even realizing what it's doing to my insides.
  • marshall153
    marshall153 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    WOAH OH MY GOSH!!! I'm 18 months older than my skinny sister too!!!
    I'm bout 10kg more than her
  • jenken99
    jenken99 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    i am about 18 months older than my one sister and six years older than the other, the young closest to my age is skinny always has been never a weight problem, the sister 6 years younger is heavier than i so that i guess makes me the middle skinny???lol or i think it makes me fluffy!!!lol i dont know i use to be the lighest and one day i will be thats a promise!:flowerforyou: :grumble:
  • July
    July Posts: 239
    Options
    I have the opposite problem. My sister does have a weight problem, and I've never had a weight problem, just steadily put on a few pounds until I lost those 20 extra babies this year. She often used to have nasty-funny comments about me, my youngest sister, who is an athlete, and herself around weight, and, as the middle child, often compared herself to the two of us - very uncomfortable. Jokes about thin people are just as unfunny and hurtful as jokes about fat people.
  • AuntyABBY24
    Options
    Hi, I have 2 skinny brothers, a skinny sister and skinny parents. The worse thing is that my brothers eat nothing but rubbish. My youngest brother who is 17 is very fussy and only eat chips, mashed potato gravy, cheese, pasta and no veg.

Maybe I should try is diet and i might skinny faster........just sick of being the fat one in the family and standing out like a sore thumb in the photos :frown:
  • kasuki
    kasuki Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I have a twin sister who was always the tiny petite one. I always weighed alot more then her except at birth. I am now 7 lbs. lighter then her ( wieghing in at 120 lbs) and although she is happy for me it is freaking her out that I can now where her clothes and try as she might she can't seem to lose those few pounds that now have her weighing more then me.
    I have so much fun teasing her and telling her I look better in her clothes then she does. Of course I am just having fun as I have never in my life ( until now ) fit into size 6 pants and small- medium tops.
  • LauraK216
    LauraK216 Posts: 104
    Options
    My situation is a little different. My twin sister was always heavier than me growing up. I was always the little "twig" if you will. I could eat anything I wanted and never gain weight. This continued up until 2yrs ago when it really caught up with me! Now, I'm heavier than my sister and she's 36wks pregnant! It's devastating to go to family functions and have people mistake you for the pregnant one. :sad: We're identical, so I guess it doesn't help my case any having this huge belly.
  • QueenVictoria68
    QueenVictoria68 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    i have a skinny sister she is younger than me. she never diets and she has had 7 kids.
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    i have a skinny sister she is younger than me. she never diets and she has had 7 kids.
    She doesn't need to diet...she runs after 7 kids all day!!
  • kpnuts23
    kpnuts23 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Skinny Brother... :grumble:
    Eats waaay to much of everything - and he's a twig at 23... he doesnt even play sports!
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    kp.... my brother was like that growing up and into his late 20's. Now he is 50 and has to watch what he eats. It catches up with all of us
  • kpnuts23
    kpnuts23 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Yes i know... pigs might fly when that day comes.. my dad is the same.. although he's not as skinny anymore.. (beer belly) but the rest is fine..
    he was in africa for 4 years.. got down to 9st for a 6'2 28 year old is shocking!!

Oh well! life must go on.. at least im healthy atm and wont fall into bad habits like my bro!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!