270 Calorie, 6g Fat Lasagna Recipe (Serves 12)

Options
Hey guys, first post in the forums here. I whipped this recipe up because I'm Italian, love my pastas, and want to lose weight. So here's a low fat, low calorie lasagna recipe that tastes pretty darn good. But don't take my word for it, for that opinion I refer to my girlfriend who likes neither diet food nor lasagna and admitted "This is actually pretty tasty." after trying it ;)

I built this in the recipe tool and copy/pasted most of it over for you. Brands don't matter, just make sure your calories are in check if you make substitutions. I figured I'd share this here for the time being since they don't yet have the tool working where you can share the recipes from the recipe tool (unless I missed that somewhere lol)

Ingredients:
Kraft - Natural Shredded Cheese - Mozzarella Fat Free, 3 1/2 cup (28g)
Giant Eagle - Ground Turkey-Lean (93/7), 16 oz. (112g)
Barilla - Lasagne No Boil Sheets, 16 pieces*
Giant Eagle - Large Eggs (Grade A), 2 Egg
Sargento - Fat Free Ricotta Cheese , 1 container (1 4/5 cups ea.)
Prego - Heart Smart Ricotta Parmesan Spaghetti Sauce, 1 container (2 1/2 cups ea.) ***

Spices:
2 tbsp Italian Seasoning Blend Ground (Rosemary, Parsley, Black Pepercorn, Garlic, Onion, Tomato)**
1 tbsp Oregano
1 tbsp Parsley

* For the pasta, I suggest using the brand specified as it makes the lasagna turn out very nicely and that particular brand/noodle has the lowest calorie count of all the lasagna noodles I've looked at.
** I personally prefer the McCormick Italian Seasoning Blend Grinder. Most grocers should carry it and it has a very nice blend inside it.
*** I highly recommend this new line of sauce. Prego has always provided (in this Italian's opinion) the best tasting jarred/canned sauce. This new "Heart Smart" line has drastically reduced the sodium of the sauce (which has always been the drawback of jarred/canned store-bought sauces). The Ricotta Parmesan flavor adds a "cheesier" taste to the lasagna. If you prefer a heartier vegetable flavor over the cheese, use one of the other sauces from the Heart Smart line ;)

Total:
Calories: 3223
Fat: 67
Carbs: 298

Per Serving:
Calories: 269
Fat: 6
Carbs: 25

Preheat Oven to 375 degrees

In a large non-stick saucepan, brown the Lean Ground Turkey while seasoning with 1 tbsp of the Ground Italian Seasoning Blend over medium-high heat. If you do not have a non-stick pan, use no more than 1/2 tbsp of Extra Virgin Olive Oil to help prevent sticking. When meat is fully cooked, reduce heat to medium and add in all but 1/2 cup of the pasta sauce. Stir occasionally while simmering.

While the meat/sauce mixture is simmering, in a large mixing bowl combine the 2 Eggs, Ricotta Cheese, half of the Mozzarella, and the remaining 1 tbsp of Ground Italian Seasoning Blend and mix well.

Remove the meat/sauce mixture from the heat.

In a 9x13" glass baking dish, pour the remaining 1/2 cup of sauce into the bottom and spread evenly to coat. Layer 4 of the Lasagna Noodles across the pan overlapping the edges by about 1/2" so they reach end to end across the pan. Put 1/2 of the Ricotta/Mozzarella mixture on top of the noodles and spread until it reaches the edges of the pan. Layer 4 more noodles on top of the cheese mixture. Spread 1/2 of the meat sauce on top of this layer and coat to the edges of the pan making sure all the noodles are moistened by the sauce. Place another layer of 4 noodles on top of the meat sauce and top with the remaining ricotta mixture spreading again to the edges of the pan as best as possible. Create one last layer of 4 noodles and top with the remaining meat sauce making sure to coat to the edges of the pan.

Sprinkle the remaining mozzarella cheese over the top of the lasagna making sure to coat evenly. Sprinkle the Oregano and Parsley over the top of the cheese.

Cover tightly with aluminum foil and bake at 375 degrees for 50-60 minutes until bubbly and hot. Remove foil from pan and continue baking for an additional 5 minutes until cheese on top is melted. Remove from oven and let cool for 10-15 minutes before slicing into 12 pieces.

I'd love to hear feedback from anyone who tries this out ;) I'm also working on refining a 1/4lb turkey burger recipe to attempt to get a "burgery" taste into the turkey. If I manage to get that working It'll show up here too :P

Replies

• sehein7
    sehein7 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    YUM! This sounds fantastic! My DH wanted a lasagna for his birthday last month, but I didn't dare fix it for him because of the fat and calories. I'll have to try this, thanks for sharing :happy:
  • MIMITIME
    MIMITIME Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Thanks for taking the time to post. I am going to try this out. It sounds good. Good Luck on your weight loss. I love this site! It has helped me so much and love getting good recipes from others.
  • Ireshgurl
    Ireshgurl Posts: 559
    Options
    Bump so i can copy this down in the AM. I suck at cooking.... but this seems (hopefully) easy enough for a beyond novice to cook, lmao.
  • Chickabittie
    Options
    Thanks for posting your recipe, I can't wait to try it. I love Italians, AND lasagna! ; ) If you get a good tasting turkey burger, let us know. Turkey burgers make me want to hurl. I'd rather eat a portabello mushroom burger than a turkey burger.
  • jennmoore3
    jennmoore3 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    man! Where was this 2 days ago! We just made some Saturday! I'll def try this next time!!!
  • brianneff
    Options
    Thanks for posting your recipe, I can't wait to try it. I love Italians, AND lasagna! ; ) If you get a good tasting turkey burger, let us know. Turkey burgers make me want to hurl. I'd rather eat a portabello mushroom burger than a turkey burger.

That's exactly how I feel about them too lol which is why I'm trying to get one that has low calorie/fat counts but doesn't taste like... well you know where this is going haha :P If I get it right it'll be on here the same night ;)
  • Chickabittie
    Options

That's exactly how I feel about them too lol which is why I'm trying to get one that has low calorie/fat counts but doesn't taste like... well you know where this is going haha :P If I get it right it'll be on here the same night ;)

Good luck my friend! I know you can do it! :drinker:
  • MamaDee2
    MamaDee2 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    Yummy
  • mamamudbug
    mamamudbug Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I just tried one of the Prego heart smart sauce's last night. Good stuff!
  • Ballard12
    Ballard12 Posts: 109
    Options
    Bump! Husband is Italian and I will definitely be trying this out
  • arosmith79
    arosmith79 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    This sounds incredible :)
  • sheila0321
    sheila0321 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    bump
  • ashlielinn
    Options
    Bump!
  • Destinyshalo
    Destinyshalo Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    bump
  • amadapooky76
    Options
    yummm!
  • skcornett
    skcornett Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Can't wait to try this! I need to figure out my chicken parm recipe - I bake the chicken in the oven instead of frying it - and it's pretty good.
  • skcornett
    skcornett Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Let us know if you come up with some other great Italian recipes.
  • AggieHoss
    AggieHoss Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • sbedzyk
    sbedzyk Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    bump - you totally read my mind
  • amfmmama
    amfmmama Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    thanks for doing all the work! Now if you could just come and cook it for me!