Moms on the Move Group 9 (Closed Group)

Options

Replies

• dc_amaryllis
    dc_amaryllis Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Just noticed dc_amarylis onl,y has one pound left to meet her IG! Whoooooooo!!!!

Thanks Joimichele. I'm super-motivated to get to my IW this week.

NSV ... After I dropped my son off at preschool this morning, I decided to jog for the first time without a stroller. I couldn't believe that I was able to run 2 miles without stopping. I took a 20 minute break and then jogged another continuous 2 miles. Gosh, I don't think I've ever been able to jog more than a mile without stopping (and that was when I was in middle school). Granted, my pace was very slow, but still...

All you hot moms are very inspiring with your running!!!
  • helena98
    Options
    WHO WANTS TO BE A HOT MOM? - GROUP RESULTS, Week 9 (9/19)

Hello, Hot Moms!! Check out the weekly stats below.

p1V9L.png

Here's a quick summary of the past 9 weeks.

SJgUf.png

Hmmm..…we still can’t find that “inner fire” that we had at the beginning or at Week 6. Don’t sweat it! We’ve all had our off-days, our gains, our plateaus, you name it! Now it’s time to re-commit to your weight loss goals. As of tomorrow, there are 100 days left in this challenge. 100 days left until December 31. Let’s make these last 100 days count!

Need some motivation? Check out these sisters from the Biggest Loser last season. They are the PICTURE of discipline and hard work.

BEFORE and AFTER

OLIVIA -- SW 261. Now 142. / HANNAH -- SW 248. Now 138.
    EzixE.png

100 days left! Let’s go, Hot Moms!!!

GROUP 1:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/294382--who-wants-to-be-a-hot-mom-group-1-closed-group

GROUP 2:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/294130-who-wants-to-be-a-hot-mom-group-2-closed-thread

GROUP 3:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/318548-rambling-random-hot-moms-closed

GROUP 4:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/294495-who-wants-to-be-a-hot-mama-group-4-closed-group

GROUPS 5 & 6 – Discontinued. Active members of Group 5 moved to Group 7.

GROUP 7:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/293681--who-wants-to-be-a-hot-mom-group-7

GROUP 8:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/293856-who-wants-to-be-a-hot-mom-group-8-closed-thread

GROUP 9:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/340810-moms-on-the-move-group-9-closed-group

GROUP 10:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/299782-hot-mom-closed-group-mommies-in-control
  • swimmom2
    Options
    122 this morning.
  • joimichele
    Options
    Just noticed dc_amarylis onl,y has one pound left to meet her IG! Whoooooooo!!!!

Thanks Joimichele. I'm super-motivated to get to my IW this week.

NSV ... After I dropped my son off at preschool this morning, I decided to jog for the first time without a stroller. I couldn't believe that I was able to run 2 miles without stopping. I took a 20 minute break and then jogged another continuous 2 miles. Gosh, I don't think I've ever been able to jog more than a mile without stopping (and that was when I was in middle school). Granted, my pace was very slow, but still...

All you hot moms are very inspiring with your running!!!

That is awesome! How do you breath when you run?
  • dc_amaryllis
    Options
    Sept 26 - 120 lbs

Joi -- I really haven't paid attention to my breathing while I run. What's the correct way? In through nose and out through mouth?
    I had my annual physical on Saturday and my dr. asked if I was a runner. He said my heartbeat was slow, which indicated I exercise or run a lot. :)
  • Leigh_b
    Leigh_b Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Sept 26 - 120 lbs

Joi -- I really haven't paid attention to my breathing while I run. What's the correct way? In through nose and out through mouth?
    I had my annual physical on Saturday and my dr. asked if I was a runner. He said my heartbeat was slow, which indicated I exercise or run a lot. :)

so... you must be a runner :smile:

You might be suprised at what you can do... I never thought I'd be able to run as far as I am running now. We were up at our cabin with my parents over the weekend and when I headed out to run my dad asked me how far I was planning to go. I answered him so casually he didn't process it until I was gone. When I got back he asked, "how far did you go? I thought you said you were going to go 6 miles, but that's really far". He couldn't believe that I would think 6 miles was no big deal... and it's weird to think that it really isn't anymore...

Of course, I'm running 6 miles, but not losing any weight.... so you might not want to follow my lead :ohwell:
  • joimichele
    Options
    Sept 26 - 120 lbs

You might be suprised at what you can do... I never thought I'd be able to run as far as I am running now. We were up at our cabin with my parents over the weekend and when I headed out to run my dad asked me how far I was planning to go. I answered him so casually he didn't process it until I was gone. When I got back he asked, "how far did you go? I thought you said you were going to go 6 miles, but that's really far". He couldn't believe that I would think 6 miles was no big deal... and it's weird to think that it really isn't anymore...

Of course, I'm running 6 miles, but not losing any weight.... so you might not want to follow my lead :ohwell:
    I was asking because my chest burns when I run and that's what leads to me stopping. I can run about 7 mins nonstop before my chest feels like it is going to explode. I'm training myself to try and go further. I breathe through my nose out through my mouth and it seems like torture. So, any tips would be helpful. Leigh I heard that when you do the same thing for so long your body gets used to it. Maybe you want to try something different. How is the shred going?
  • Leigh_b
    Options
    ignore this post... I screwed up the quoting part... will post again in a sec:embarassed:
  • Leigh_b
    Options
    Sept 26 - 120 lbs

I was asking because my chest burns when I run and that's what leads to me stopping. I can run about 7 mins nonstop before my chest feels like it is going to explode. I'm training myself to try and go further. I breathe through my nose out through my mouth and it seems like torture. So, any tips would be helpful. Leigh I heard that when you do the same thing for so long your body gets used to it. Maybe you want to try something different. How is the shred going?

This might sound kind of weird, but have you tried singing while you are running? I thought it was weird when I heard it, but it works. I think that it has something to do with completely emptying your lungs so you can get bigger breaths, but if I find that I'm having trouble breathing, I sing along to the song on my ipod (I whisper sing.. I don't actually belt out the tune, which is good for anyone around me because I have a TERRIBLE voice. I am completly tone deaf) and I can suddenly breathe again...

Once I get through the 1/2 marathon I am signed up to do in October (the 15th) I will start mixing it up in terms of workout choices. My issue for the past few weeks has been eating. I have been eating out at fancy restaurants and not counting calories at all on the weekends. I'm actually glad I've been doing so much running. Conveniently, it burns A LOT of calories.

Unfortunately, I haven't gotten very far with the shred... the first week I started it I aggrevated an old neck injury and I was in quite a bit of pain for more than 3 weeks. Since then, I've been nervous to try it again as I can't afford to have to take time off from running with only 3 weeks until the big day, I still have a long way to go to feel comfortable running 13 miles. I was going to start it again a few weeks ago but slept funny and my neck was bothering me again and I didn't want to mess it up completly again. When it goes out, I can barely move, can't lift my arms, and taking care of my children is extremely challenging, not to mention that I'm in constant pain, so I'm not eager to work myself into that state... anyway, I think I'm going to try starting it again this week. Tomorrow is the plan... I'll let you know.

How did it go for you? Did you finish all 30 days?
  • dc_amaryllis
    Options
    I wonder if I'll ever be able to run 6 miles like Leigh. Seems impossible, but it's something I can at least strive for. :wink:

I am no expert, so I can't offer any advice on running or breathing while running. The tip about singing sounds good.
  • joimichele
    Options
    5CCZg.png
  • joimichele
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS DC_AMARYLLIS FOR MEETING YOUR IW!!!!:drinker: HOW DOES IT FEEL??? GLAD TO HAVE YOU IN GROUP 9! :glasses:
  • dc_amaryllis
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS DC_AMARYLLIS FOR MEETING YOUR IW!!!!:drinker: HOW DOES IT FEEL??? GLAD TO HAVE YOU IN GROUP 9! :glasses:

Thanks Joi. :) It feels great to reach my IW. Now for the hard part ... I hope I don't plateau at 120 like I normally do. Thanks for all the encouragement Hot Mamas.
  • helena98
    helena98 Posts: 327
    Options
    NEW GROUP TOPIC THREAD!

Hi Ladies!

I decided to create a new "Hot Moms" group thread that will include all moms in all groups. I'll start posting weekly charts there instead of posting them in each individual group thread. Hope you'll join us!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/357225-hot-moms-closed-group-7-18-to-12-31
  • swimmom2
    Options
    121 this morninng!
  • dc_amaryllis
    Options
    119 lbs this morning.
    However, I think it's due to the fact that I've been sick and nothing tastes good. I've been good about keeping my calories around 1200 but I haven't worked out in 3 days and I don't feel "healthy."
  • joimichele
    Options
    I don't know whether to be happy or sad :ohwell: Well, congrats on the loss but get well soon! I need to kick my tail into overdrive I have been seriously slacking. I feel like lard. Starting today I am in full out weight loss mode! I need to get to 119 before my birthday!
  • joimichele
    Options
    121 this morninng!

Wow! That is fantastic!! What are you doing?
  • joimichele
    Options
    119 lbs this morning.
    However, I think it's due to the fact that I've been sick and nothing tastes good. I've been good about keeping my calories around 1200 but I haven't worked out in 3 days and I don't feel "healthy."

Is your son sick as well?
  • joimichele
    Options
    Sept 26 - 120 lbs

This might sound kind of weird, but have you tried singing while you are running? I thought it was weird when I heard it, but it works. I think that it has something to do with completely emptying your lungs so you can get bigger breaths, but if I find that I'm having trouble breathing, I sing along to the song on my ipod (I whisper sing.. I don't actually belt out the tune, which is good for anyone around me because I have a TERRIBLE voice. I am completly tone deaf) and I can suddenly breathe again...

Once I get through the 1/2 marathon I am signed up to do in October (the 15th) I will start mixing it up in terms of workout choices. My issue for the past few weeks has been eating. I have been eating out at fancy restaurants and not counting calories at all on the weekends. I'm actually glad I've been doing so much running. Conveniently, it burns A LOT of calories.

Unfortunately, I haven't gotten very far with the shred... the first week I started it I aggrevated an old neck injury and I was in quite a bit of pain for more than 3 weeks. Since then, I've been nervous to try it again as I can't afford to have to take time off from running with only 3 weeks until the big day, I still have a long way to go to feel comfortable running 13 miles. I was going to start it again a few weeks ago but slept funny and my neck was bothering me again and I didn't want to mess it up completly again. When it goes out, I can barely move, can't lift my arms, and taking care of my children is extremely challenging, not to mention that I'm in constant pain, so I'm not eager to work myself into that state... anyway, I think I'm going to try starting it again this week. Tomorrow is the plan... I'll let you know.

How did it go for you? Did you finish all 30 days?

I finished the shred. Not much weight loss though :sad: I can't lose the last couple of pounds. I just said starting today I am kicking my butt into overdrive!!! Maybe you should do Jillian's BFBM it's not as intense as shred but it is a better workout!