Unexpected downfalls of being a parent....

Options

Replies

• MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    Knowing all of the Spongebob episodes and actually singing "it's the best day ever" song with them.

For my husband- It would have to be..finding toys in his work boots and bookbag. Gotta send daddy off with a toy, right?
  • ellekay22
    ellekay22 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Paying the extra banking fees at a bank's drive thru ATM. When you have two in car seats $1.50 is worth it. Maybe I should just switch banks.
  • Bonny272
    Bonny272 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    We love the hairbrush song! My daughter has gotten to be too much help. The last time we went to the store I had to ask her what toothpaste we use. The one time I went without my kids I spent the whole time distrtacted because my head count was wrong and then I spent a good five minutes staring at the groceries in the cart and wondering why they weren't putting themselves on the checkout counter. I love my kids!
  • IMYarnCraz33
    IMYarnCraz33 Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    cut myself this morning.
    Going to work sporting a flouresent green spongebob band aid.

You know the drill, add your own! :D

how is this a problem?? i have pokemon band aids. GOTTA CATCH'EM ALL!!!

We have Disney princess, CARS & Shrek band aids :happy:
  • LizC26
    LizC26 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Losing all my eyeliner sharpeners b/c my son is using them to sharpen his school pencils. :)
  • Iamfit4life
    Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    I have princess stickers all over my computer.
    I've got both Mater and Tinkerbell ALL over my house!
  • dieseljay74
    Options
    Going to work witha ton of temporary kid tattoos all over my arms....
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    I get plenty of practice spackling and painting now...
  • jend114
    jend114 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I'm feeling really sick today and I can't be sick. Moms aren't allowed to be sick and since I'm a single Mom I have no one to help me, that make me want to cry, but I can't cry because I don't want to upset my children.

:( I know this feeling
  • TMcBooty
    TMcBooty Posts: 780 Member
    Options

:laugh: I like this one lol
  • nixickle
    nixickle Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    These have made me smile! My recent ones (not down falls, but little quirks that brighten my day) include:

finding mini pink wellies and toys in the washing machine

Losing car keys, to find them in toy boxes

A work phone that is always dead, as little hands like to press the buttons lots!

And Finding toys stuffed in coat pockets
  • TMcBooty
    TMcBooty Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Downfalls? Hm. I guess the fact that I can't come home from work and go to sleep if I feel tired. :)
  • BattyMama
    BattyMama Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I woke up with a barbie shoe in my ear well in my hair with the toe of the shoe in my ear
  • smc1277
    smc1277 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Having to explain to the police that there was no real emergency when my son called 911 trying to get his sister locked up for being mean.
  • kb455
    kb455 Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Knowing the colors and names of ALL the Power Rangers. (My middle son is obsessed with that show.... and its the most annoying show EVER)
  • jennajava
    jennajava Posts: 2,176 Member
    Options
    She sneezes...during dinner...I am covered in carrots
  • jennajava
    jennajava Posts: 2,176 Member
    Options
    Oh and walking around singing all day "climb on board, get ready to explore, there's so much to know...little einsteins!" #earworm
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    @ OP, please there is no need to become emo.

Having a little bit of drool or vomit on my shoulder with every single shirt I own.

Having pandora quick mix on my phone suddenly have toddler music on.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,594 Member
    Options
    cut myself this morning.
    Going to work sporting a flouresent green spongebob band aid.

You know the drill, add your own! :D
    I would rock that! But singing kid's songs gives you totally away as a parent with a young one. 3 years ago I was singing Wiggles songs.
  • TS65
    TS65 Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options

Re-decorating every couple of years. I just finishished re-painting my son's room (since he outgrew Thomas the Train a few years ago)

The other day, I realized Sponge Bob was playing on the TV... and the had kid left for school 2 hours before! (talk about blocking out noise!)

Finding rocks in the washing machine... or worse, hearing them when the dryer starts.

Hearing crickets... tearing the living room apart to find and kill the cricket... only to find out my son had been playing on my iphone and left a game on (thus the cricket sounds)

Ground in candy on the carpet (mommy, this is hard... let me get the scissors... NOOOOO!)

The way they can mis-interpret information.... "and that's how Jesus became one of the living dead."