J CREW - C25K - WEEK 1

Options

Replies

• breezey77
    breezey77 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    W1D3 DONE!!! It was easier today than day 2 and I have been doing squats and lunges on the off days. It might help to walk on ur off days...I dunno maybe keeps muscles loose. Good Luck on D3 everyone!!!!
  • Week 1 day 2 complete. 30 min/ 265 cals

Well it was storming outside and I do not have a gym membership so I did laps inside the house. My cat was lookin at me like I was an idiot. Lol good thing the inside of my house makes a nice wide circle lol

that is hiliarious and also a great idea lol
  • W1D3 DONE!!! It was easier today than day 2 and I have been doing squats and lunges on the off days. It might help to walk on ur off days...I dunno maybe keeps muscles loose. Good Luck on D3 everyone!!!!

I walked yesterday on the treadmill and my legs were killing me lol...I've never felt that kind of soreness I guess...but tonight I will be doing run 3....
  • cfreema
    cfreema Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I know that I have been having to "stretch it out" about 3 times a day since we started this to try to loosen up my muscles! If i sit still for too long and stand up I seem to hobble the first couple steps!
  • cfreema
    Options
    Oh! and week one day 3 completed! 25 mins and 264 calories. I was able to pick u the pace on the running this time.
  • debs6
    debs6 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Week 1 day 3 completed and maybe a bit easier today - I am still breathing and haven't had a heart attack as yet - so that has to be a positive. Apprehensive about next week- but still there and still determined. I still have not come to terms that at 55 I am trying out at running!

Debbie
  • pizzygirltx
    Options
    Week 1 day 3 complete!! Yay, I finally made it to the end of week 1!

31 minutes/ 255 calories.

Today was much easier but I'm not sure if it's bc I'm getting used to it or the fact that it was only 60 degrees instead of 90.
  • jsg8tor
    jsg8tor Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    If anyone listens to music while running, there's a free download that has interval training for the C25K training. It's on podrunner.com or djsteveboy.com and it's supported by Jenny Hadfield a running instructor from Chicago. I know it helps me to listen to music while I'm running and these podcasts are FREE!!

HAPPY RUNNING!!
  • debs6
    debs6 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Well done everyone who has managed to finish all three days this week- YAY!!!!
  • MochaBlues
    MochaBlues Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Hey J Crew!!

Just checking in! I finished Day 3, Week 1 Today! I did end up kicking it up a notch on my walk and runs, which explains why it wasn't so difficult for my last workout, I noticed I was only doing 2.3 mph on my walks and 3.2 during my runs, well, then I started trying to do the math in my head (challenging for me, mind you) and I started guess-timating (yes I made that one up) and I came to the conclusion that in order to ideally finish a 3K in at least 30 minutes, I would need at some point to be running an average of 6 mph (again, I'm no mathematician) so I decided to gradually kick up my walks and runs on the treadmill, eventually increasing my walks to an average of 3.2 mph and on my last run ending up at 4.6 mph (I was inching up with each run) My hope is that by the end of the program I would be able to be at that 6 mph mark. We will see! But I'm glad to have made it through!

See you all next week! :bigsmile: Happy Running!
  • amadapooky76
    Options
    Day 3 Week 1 will be completed tonight!!

Great job everyone!
  • inkdgirl
    Options
    since i started, i havent taken a rest day, my calves were very tight and I didnt want to stop going and then be in more pain.So i just kept going daily.. I have just finished week 2 day 2 in 35 min and 2.3 mi.. My walk speed on the treadmill is 3.9 and my run speed is 5 mph.. Curious to know what rate others are doing and if im doing enough.. i get tired, but i feel that i could keep going.. but i dont want to risk injury.. tomorrow is going to be a rest day for sure, then on to week 2 day 3!!
  • inkdgirl you are rocking a**!!!! good lawd!! I"ve been doing mine outside so I don't know my speed but when I was doing it before on the treadmill, my rest speed was 3.0 and "run/jog" lol 3.8 to 4.0....im a beginner :-)

Just finished Couch to 5K week 1 run 3 with Get Running – 28½ minutes of exercise and 8 minutes of running. Next run: Wednesday 5th. (30min/209cal)

I'm on to Week 2, YAH!!!! STAYING POSITIVE lol!!! I think i'm going to rest from running Monday but start week 2 on Tuesday instead of Wednesday......

Should I make another forum post for week 2 or just keep this one going?
  • amadapooky76
    Options
    Oh man, just finished day 3 week 1 and my legs were burning!!
    I'm feeling a bit unsure about week 2, don't know how I'm gonna run through 90secs!! But I will!!!
  • Oh man, just finished day 3 week 1 and my legs were burning!!
    I'm feeling a bit unsure about week 2, don't know how I'm gonna run through 90secs!! But I will!!!

WE WILL GET THROUGH IT TOGETHER!!! IF WE HAVE TO TRY IT MORE THAN ONCE, WE WILL AND WILL NOT QUIT UNTIL WE COMPLETE IT!!!
  • MochaBlues
    Options
    since i started, i havent taken a rest day, my calves were very tight and I didnt want to stop going and then be in more pain.So i just kept going daily.. I have just finished week 2 day 2 in 35 min and 2.3 mi.. My walk speed on the treadmill is 3.9 and my run speed is 5 mph.. Curious to know what rate others are doing and if im doing enough.. i get tired, but i feel that i could keep going.. but i dont want to risk injury.. tomorrow is going to be a rest day for sure, then on to week 2 day 3!!

Hey Inkdgirl! Wow, You're doing it! I'm definitely going to have to work up to that speed ;) although I realize for me, its just not going to happen overnight. I know when I read the general rules for the C25K, it recommends that you take rest days, HOWEVER it also says that one would eventually add more runs to their week. It sounds as though youre at a more advanced fitness level ...which is great! Just make sure youre giving your body some recovery time, (which it sounds like you are) glad to know I'm not the only one doing the program on a treadmill :smile:

On another note, I will begin week 2, day 1 today, I'm trying to alternate my days as I'm doing some stregnth training. Have a good run this week everyone!
  • inkdgirl
    Options
    Ok ,, I took a rest day yesterday because my hamstrings were feeling pretty tight and i fiqured my body was saying to rest, back at it tonight with Day 3 week 2... it is getting easier.. well not easier, but i am definately trying to make it seem easier... we can all do this !!!
  • taraketch
    taraketch Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I got a little behind on my week 1, but I did end up running W1D3 yesterday, so I guess my weeks can start on Mondays. The first two times I ran on a treadmill and yesterday I ran outside. I find running outside feels much more easy and natural. It seemed like my minutes were up in no time. It's supposed to be gorgeous out here this week, so I'm looking forward to getting out and starting W2.
  • cfreema
    Options
    Week 2 day 1 complete! I was actually looking forward to this run. I found the running easier than the walking though. My legs were screaming during the walk, and relaxed during the run. 28 mins and 256 calories =)
  • MochaBlues
    Options

Should I make another forum post for week 2 or just keep this one going?

If you can edit the title ( If it will let you- don't really know) to drop the week 1, (so people don't get confused) then you could keep it going...otherwise perhaps you might want to start another one to say "week 2" or a generic one altogether to keep it going...

But on another note! I'm reporting in completed Day 1, of Week 2, **wow** this was definitely a workout for me today! I amped up my runs to 4.5, but my walks went down to 3.0. I was glad to see that there were only 6 runs in this circuit, because I couldn't see myself getting through 8!:noway: :laugh: I will definitely be working though this level, I think I found that right combination for me right now. Good Workout today! Wishing you all a great run in Week 2!