Just cause they make it in your size...

Options

Replies

• brittanyjeanxo
    brittanyjeanxo Posts: 1,831 Member
    Options
    I told a woman in a change room NOT to buy the one piece short outfit she had on. Couldn't believe she thought it looked good. :-(

Wow, that's really rude!

I think it depends on how you say it. If she said it, and then said, "But that shirt you tried on earlier was awesome," then it's one thing. I will often be in dressing rooms, and tell people I don't know that the shirt or pants they are trying on is cute.
    I always go shopping with my mom because she will tell it how it is, whereas friends lie to protect your feelings!!
    As about the actual issue at hand here...it's true - just because they make it, doesn't mean it looks good. They make those cropped shirts in XL sizes. But if you have a gut you should not be wearing it unless you're wearing a tank top underneath!! People seem to be concerned about labels rather than fit. If something looks good on you and it's from Wal-Mart, better than a too tight or too yucky colored shirt from Prada.

I suppose, but I've always found unsolicited advice rude, even if it's "good".
  • livnlite
    livnlite Posts: 520
    Options
    Krikey .. Walmart shoppers are infamous for wearing what they wear. If it wasn't for walmartians .. surfing the net would be no fun at all! There wouldn't be anyone to snicker at. What fun is that?
  • Krull_the_WarriorKing
    Options
    You should wear what makes you happy. We don't have to all like it.
  • Sublimely_Self_Righteousreused
    Options
    I always feel like I'm judged against when I wear a pink thong. Just because you don't like to see two balls hang out the side of them, doesn't mean others don't! It makes me feel sexy, and I wear it regarldess of your opinion.
  • LoveleeB
    LoveleeB Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    I always feel like I'm judged against when I wear a pink thong. Just because you don't like to see two balls hang out the side of them, doesn't mean others don't! It makes me feel sexy, and I wear it regarldess of your opinion.

*barfed in mouth* No judgment though
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I don't care what other people wear. I don't care what other people do. I don't care what other people say. I often wonder why I even bother living in a society, but then I remember that that is where we keep the liquor and grocery stores and I go back to sleep.
  • TheBraveryLover
    TheBraveryLover Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    Like you said, OP, it was an unnecessary comment to make. I really don't care what anyone wears, to be honest. I only care how I look when in public. But there will always be people who think you should live up to their standard so all you can do is ignore them and live your life.
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    comment- true, but not necessary...if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all

I will keep this in mind when I see someone with their dress tucked up into their pantyhose, when they have a booger hanging out of their nose, or when someone has b.o.

I just won't say anything at all because telling them they stink isn't nice.

:flowerforyou:
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    WALLCREATURE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Katefab26
    Katefab26 Posts: 865
    Options
    I think inappropriate is inappropriate. It doesn't matter what size one is. I think that people just don't realize that it is important to dress appropriately for every occasion (at least we're not in Italy, where one goes all out just to go to the market). I have a "plus-size" friend who always looks very elegant and "put-together" even when she's in jeans and a t-shirt at Walmart.

At the same time, the comment was completely unnecessary. I think the world would be a much better place if we all learned a little mutual respect for one another.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I really don't know how you guys can ride bikes packing the equipment you pack. :noway: The seats are brutal enough with ladyparts!!!

That said... "just cause they make it in your size don't mean you ought to wear it." If she's hanging out of the shorts and top, they're not in her size. But also, "Just cause you think it, don't mean you out to say it." :wink:

But I confess to being catty and saying things like that, but usually muttered to my husband or a friend, not to perfect strangers. I'm always worried that the stranger will be a spouse, friend or sibling and I'll get socked in the nose.
  • yevasdottir
    yevasdottir Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    When I was still teaching full-time, in a school where the headteacher was prepared to negotiate EVERYTHING with the students and their parents (but not with the teaching staff), I was called to task by said headteacher for observing to some girl(s) in my class that "buttocks are NOT a fashion accessory".

And they still aren't.
  • VeganGal84
    VeganGal84 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    "If you're overweight, you should know what looks good on you and what doesn't, the lady shouldn't have been out like that in public"

This is size-ist. Seriously, that's insane! Fat, skinny, and everything in between folks end up on What Not to Wear.
  • skinnywithin
    skinnywithin Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    You should wear what makes you happy. We don't have to all like it.

^^^^^^^^^^^^COMING FROM THIS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HAHAHAHAAH YES. Oh I think you have a wedge...let me get it for you
  • SiltyPigeon
    SiltyPigeon Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    I laugh at people who dress inappropriately, regardless of their size. I drool over people who look sexy, regardless of their size. Likewise, I fully expect to be laughed at if I am dressed inappropriately and drooled over if I'm looking sexy! & I will comment out loud if the situation is extreme enough to warrant the reaction.
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options
    She has the right to wear whatever she wants, and you also have the right to think whatever you want about it. I just wouldn't say anything to her, it would be rude and hurt her feelings probably and there is no point in doing that. But hell you are entitled to your thoughts.
  • godroxmysox
    godroxmysox Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    Maybe she was hoping to be a star on the "People of Wal-Mart" web page! :laugh:

I'm a slob when I go to the grocery store, but a covered up one. Not sure how to comment. :tongue:

That website is awesome!
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    I don't care what other people wear. I don't care what other people do. I don't care what other people say. I often wonder why I even bother living in a society, but then I remember that that is where we keep the liquor and grocery stores and I go back to sleep.

^^ this:drinker:
  • Alka97
    Alka97 Posts: 74
    Options
    I dont know what to think :/ on one hand she wasnt looking appropariate, but on the other the comment wasnt necessery
  • TS65
    TS65 Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    I told a woman in a change room NOT to buy the one piece short outfit she had on. Couldn't believe she thought it looked good. :-(

Wow, that's really rude!

I think it depends on how you say it. If she said it, and then said, "But that shirt you tried on earlier was awesome," then it's one thing. I will often be in dressing rooms, and tell people I don't know that the shirt or pants they are trying on is cute.
    I always go shopping with my mom because she will tell it how it is, whereas friends lie to protect your feelings!!
    As about the actual issue at hand here...it's true - just because they make it, doesn't mean it looks good. They make those cropped shirts in XL sizes. But if you have a gut you should not be wearing it unless you're wearing a tank top underneath!! People seem to be concerned about labels rather than fit. If something looks good on you and it's from Wal-Mart, better than a too tight or too yucky colored shirt from Prada.

I suppose, but I've always found unsolicited advice rude, even if it's "good".

Really?!? Note to self, stop telling people when they have food stuck in their teeth or a booger on their nose?!? Nope... I'd rather be rude.