What to do when you REALLY want chocolate?????

Options

Replies

• etromb50
    Options
    Cup of Hersheys hot chocolate
  • kr3851
    kr3851 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    If I have the calories to spare, I eat chocolate. If I don't have the calories to spare I will go work out so I can eat chocolate. If I can't motivate to work out to earn the calories, I don't eat chocolate.

:flowerforyou:

This. I exercise to have chocolate a lot of the time - and then sometimes there's a hidden bonus where I don't want the chocolate any more, because I've either worked really hard and don't see the point in negating all that effort, or because I was actually bored and not wanting chocolate, and the exercise cured the boredom.

But most of the time, I just eat the chocolate after exercising to earn it :)
  • Hasu
    Hasu Posts: 67
    Options
    Depends on your level of willpower and/or taste at the time.

I've found two methods that have worked really well so far for me. It also helps to try and fit in the small piece of chocolate into your daily calories so you don't feel guilty about it later.

1. To eat a small square of good quality dark chocolate [Which has been mentioned]

2. To get your hands on those fun size or even better mini size candy bar/squares. Such as Twix, Snickers, etc. and those are super easy to get with Halloween just around the bend. A lot of times the minis range between 25 and 50 calories a piece. Pop 1 or 2 of those and it won't undo your whole day but you still get the taste you're after

Good Luck!
  • MochaMixAZ
    MochaMixAZ Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    I know dark chocolate has all the research behind it... but when I'm craving chocolate - nothing beats milk chocolate.

So I try to plan the indulgence. Even a WHOLE bar - for about 200 calories. On weeks when I want A LOT of chocolate, I actually workout specifically so I CAN have it... 30 extra minutes on the elliptical, and I can have a bar a day if I desperately want it. After about 3 days of an ENTIRE milk chocolate bar (with the associated workout to make it calorie neutral), I find the craving is MET and I can be chocolate-free for awhile.

Admittedly, this probably doesn't fit into any fitness gurus book on moderation or learning to eat and find healthy alternatives... but it's worked for me.
  • hazelnut861
    hazelnut861 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Chocolate protein shake, skinny cow candy or ice cream, or just chocolate. I think of it like this, even if I go over my minimum calories I'm still under or at my maintenance calories. Peer pressure lol EAT IT
  • Natalie49
    Natalie49 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    DARK CHOCOLATE! :)
    I always do that... Have a small piece :)

Or... a spoon of vanilla ice-cream!
  • mrsredneckmorris
    mrsredneckmorris Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I eat a small square of the dark chocolate. :)
    That is what I do, I'd go mental if I could never have chocolate again! Just allocate some of your calories to it.
  • mrsredneckmorris
    mrsredneckmorris Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    That is what I do, I'd go mental if I could never have chocolate again! Just allocate some of your calories to it.
  • corrieville
    corrieville Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I eat it and include my calories. If you deprive yourself for to long then you may eat way to much.
  • ejohndrow
    ejohndrow Posts: 1,399 Member
    Options
    Me too. I like the stuff that's like 75% or more cocao-keep it in the cupboard and eat a small square once in awhile.
  • LisaKyle11
    LisaKyle11 Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    have some! no need to deprive yourself completely. just have a small portion or some really good quality dark chocolate. enjoy!
  • ahendrix12
    Options
    I would go with dark chocolate. I know its really not everyones favorite, but you can learn to love it. I did and its my favorite. Its a lot better for you than milk chocolate too. :]
  • JipsyJudy
    JipsyJudy Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I try to plan including dark chocolate in my diet. As long as you make a space for it in your overall consumption for the day, it's cool.
  • denisegolden
    denisegolden Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    i miss chocolate and coffee, so i make a decaf mocha using chocolate whey protein powder in my decaf coffee...does the trick for me...something else you can do, chocolate calcium squares...get your chocolate fix and calcium to boot!
  • Rachaelluvszipped
    Rachaelluvszipped Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Eat chocolate...mmmm!!! Just make sure that you have enough calories to do that... its a way of life we are trying to live..not torture ourselves when faced with our indulgences...
  • aa1440
    aa1440 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    I exercise myself some extra chocolate calories! Then eat chocolate, with what can only be described as an inappropriately blissful look on my face. ;)

Eat you chocolate and work out.
  • mrsjennifermaffei
    Options
    I found a skinny cow chocolate truffle ice cream bar curbs my chocolate cravings pretty well. Each one is 100 calories.
  • tina2222
    Options
    i eat some! i make sure its dark chocolate (because i dont like it as much as milk choc) so i dont eat as much :) i have about 50g. I usually have some every day as my snack :)
  • Monica_has_a_goal
    Monica_has_a_goal Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I eat Dark Chocolate by Trader Joes.. only 100 cals for a bar. :wink:
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,023 Member
    Options
    I eat 2 hershey kisses....YUM and it does the trick, or nonfat chocolate frozen yogurt, or vanilla nonfat yogurt with a few chocolate chips on top....YUM maybe a chocolate covered strawberry, or chocolate frozen bannana