Fit For Christmas Challenge-October

Options

Replies

• WWH_AJ
    WWH_AJ Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I was out of town from Thurs-yesterday so is it ok if I start late? I'm on my 6th glass of water for the day and am about to get my exercise in so I will be including those dreaded squats, lol.

Also, my SW is 165.8 and I would like to be 150 by Christmas and I really wanted to be 145 by the end of the year. We will see though!
  • mountiewife
    Options
    @futurealaniz- welcome to the group!! Good Luck!!!
  • mountiewife
    Options
    @amberness89- welcome to the group & good luck!!
  • kell_riley
    Options
    Hey!
    Well yesterday I did 50 squats and had a walk along a river, I was out all today so only got 6 glasses of water in which was annoying but better than non I suppose! I ended up over cals as me, the other half and our boys ended up having a pub dinner! It was delicious! And worth every calorie to be out having a lovely time with my family! I doesn't happen often enough really!
    I'm home all day today so squats will be done as well as a mass clean of the house, and my water will be back up there :)

Oh the exercise front here's a few we could try,
    Lunges,
    Burpees
    Jumping jacks
    Step ups
    Explosive squats
    Erm I'll come back with more! Lol
  • proudmama0118
    proudmama0118 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Checking in, did much better on water, 8.5 so far and my bottle is full beside me, so I should hit 10 before I finally crash for the night. I didn't do any squats though. Today was a heck of a day... very busy work day! By time I finally escaped I didn't have an ounce of energy left! :(
    Tomorrow I WILL do my squats though! I am also committing to a going for a run tomorrow, not sure how far... but I will run!! Hope everyone has a great day tomorrow.
  • tonilizzy88
    tonilizzy88 Posts: 968 Member
    Options
    hey all i only managed 55 squats yestarday and i did those while n dinner break lol...
    today ive currebntly done 6 glasses of water and im about to go for a swim and im going to try out my HRM in the pool for the first time :embarassed:

i shal do my squats before food tonight

as for next week id like to do star jumps (jumping jacks) or something like that :bigsmile:

im excited to see my scales friday morning
    unfortunetly i wont have the internet friday-monday so ill let you know how i got on, on monday x
  • Motivationrequired
    Options
    Count me in!!!!
  • StormieL
    StormieL Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Can I join? You lot seem like a lot of fun..well in the dieting sense of fun. I'd like to be able to fly to back home to California next February without feeling like I'm squishing the person sitting next to me...
  • Trillian73
    Trillian73 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Well, I did my 100 squats yesterday and OMG, my legs are killing me today! I think I'll take today off and do fewer tomorrow. Apparently I'm not quite ready for that yet. :p
  • kellytime2lose
    kellytime2lose Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Hi all... Yesterday was a good day...stayed within calorie limit, exercised and drank the water...gonna tried to increase the water intake today and less diet coke. Need to work on those squats too!!
  • harley_rose
    Options
    Can I join in, I know we are day four into so I will make up.
    I started on Oct 1st at 169lbs. I have average 12 glasses a day here at work. I walk 30 minutes on my lunch everyday. I am going to attempt to do at least 30 minutes of cardio at night, every other day of 20 min weight strengthening. I did get in 5 miles on Saturday and 2 miles on Sunday. I could use the motivation to do squats every day as well...
  • vraesgame
    vraesgame Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I'd love to join if it's not to late!
  • mountiewife
    Options
    @ vraesgame, loseitquickly, stormiel, & harley_rose- welcome to the group and good luck to you all!!
    @kell_riley- Thanks for the suggestions!! I've actually got a rough draft of the next 12 weeks done ( I'm such a nerd:tongue: ) and jumping jacks were on the menu for this week coming up! I've also got lunges, bicep curls, tricep extensions, tricep dips...can't remember what else...oh and also things like, burn 2000 cals/week or do xxxmiles this week. Keep throwing stuff my way!:)

My rear end is pretty sore this morning!! I did my 100 squats for yesterday, ran 3 miles...then last night I got on the treadmill & walked on 10-12% incline! It hurts:sad: Anyway, glad to hear you're all doing well...keep up the great work!!
  • WWH_AJ
    WWH_AJ Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I did my 100 squats last night and only managed 8 glasses because I ran out of time. I will fix that today though!

Another suggestion I really liked in a previous challenge was bicycle crunches. They really worked out my abs and I loved it!
  • StormieL
    Options
    so i did my 100 squats and did 100 crunches. I've been trying to walk to work 3 times a week (the days my mother in law comes to my home to watch my son) which involves a very steep hill. It's only about a mile but man it kills. I'm also fitting in taking the dogs and pushing the pram a couple times a week in the evenings. I think tomorrow I'm going to have jelly legs but I'm gonna push on. Hope everyone else is getting there.looking forward to the next challenge :)
  • mountiewife
    Options
    100 squats done for the day...dusted off hubbys weight bench and played with that for 20 minutes or so:tongue: This is something I should be working on...apparently I have no upper body strength!! I ran 3 miles today in 31 minutes(still not fast enough, but getting better:smile: ) 12 glasses of water down!!
    Great Job ladies!!! Keep up the good work!!
  • lauraelisedavis
    Options
    I did my squats today, then I went to the gym and got my butt kicked by my personal trainer that I see once a week. We did an hour of legs today and I literally was dripping sweat and thought I was going to die, I LOVED every minute of it! I think I did pretty good with my food today too, although I am debating a second glass of wine.... I might just stick to one :)
    Thanks for all the inspiration ladies!
    Hugs
    Laura
  • StormieL
    Options
    So my mother in law doesn't have a car for the rest of the week so the little one has to be dropped to her in the morning. which means I can't walk to work. So I made sure to drop him early enough so that when I got to work I'd have plenty of time to do a 30 minute walk around the block... I may have come off as a little crazy walking in circles around where I work but it's all for a good cause right? Hope everyone has a good day.
  • misslaverne24
    misslaverne24 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    hey, can i join? im in. im 174 lbs.:)
  • kell_riley
    Options
    Well I did the 100 squats yesterday as my legs are back to normal now! Yay! But I binged on chocolate and ended up over cals, I'm so angry at myself but I'll do better today! Good luck guys!