Ravenclaw Common Room

Options

Replies

• NikkiMustang77
    Options
    Checking in. Got my reading for psychology done, still have a total of five chapters left between my three other courses ;~;
    My grandmother also took me out for dinner, so I went over on fat... I was doing good today, too =/ Oh well.
  • DefiningRaquel
    Options
    Hi ravenclaws,

Just dropping by to check in and hope everyone's having a good day. I cant wait to start my circuit training course that i signed up for. Hope it will help to tone me up.
  • kellyisloved
    kellyisloved Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely counting this as my post for Monday since I just got home from work and couldn't post anything earlier. ;)

Wasn't feeilng well on Sunday, but it seems to have gone away for the most part today, so I'm hoping all will be well tomorrow. Little worried about my weight loss this week, though. I'm terrible about eating the wrong things when my husband is home, so I'm trying to get him back on board with me and pushing to keep myself in line even without him if I have to.

I'd really love to switch down to the 230s rather than the 40s by the end of the week, so that's a good incentive. :)

Hope everyone else is doing well, too!
  • psb13
    psb13 Posts: 629
    Options
    happy tuesday Ravenclaw!! i was really tired last night but managed to get some time in on the elliptical. didn't do well with the fat challenge tho :frown: . not sure about today as we're having dinner at Mom's tonight...always yummy, but rarely healthy!! looks like a really busy week ahead so i hope i can keep up with my workouts!! have a great day everyone!! :bigsmile:
  • momofJandA
    momofJandA Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    Just checking in, still mentally frazzled from my exam and trying to catch up on everything(the house is a wreck).
    Going food shopping today and I have already planned out the family's menu for the week, I have even started the man on soy sausage in the morning instead of bacon. So I am hoping it will be much easier than anticipated to switch the family to healthy eating. except the monster he seems to only eat fruit bread cheese and sugar. Trying to broaden his horizons I made chicken nuggets from scratch last night and he wouldn't touch them. I am really ready for this terrible twos to be over.

Sorry to tell you this . . . but the 3's are worse!!!! Everything is a struggle, eating, dressing, turning the light on, everything. Its this constant struggle between what he wants to do, what he can do, and what I'm willing to let him try. Its exhausting!

Today is my birthday so I slept in this morning (well slept in until 6 if you could call that sleeping in- no worries though I was up at 1:30am and 4am). So no run this morning and I am assuming I will go over on fat (its my birthday after all!!!!).

Today's Stats:
    Exercise (crunches): +1
    Food (fat): 0
    Spirit: +1

Weekly Stats:
    Owls: 8 House Points: 126
  • craft338
    craft338 Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    oh wow, staying under my fat is going to be hard for me, but i think i can manage the 25 crunches a day :bigsmile:

and....i weighed myself again today, and i know it's not official, but i'm down to 201 lbs!! i'm so excited to see 199! :drinker:
  • _gwen
    _gwen Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    After I received my lab results from my doctor, I went back to see when I started eating flax meal regularly. That was about 4 weeks before my blood work was taken. I'm starting to think the 57 point drop in my cholesterol was more from exercise and eating oatmeal than the flax meal. That's not to say the flax meal didn't help. I'll have my blood tests again in December, just before my annual physical. I'm hoping that I can get my cholesterol below 150, and raise my HDL.a bit more. What a great excuse to eat more salmon! http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/hdl-cholesterol/CL00030

*Progress towards week of 10/2 -10/4 update*
    House Spirit (post ) - +2
    Food (fat) - +2
    Exercise (crunches) - +2

*exercise minutes*
    October Month to date total = 90
    Week of 10/2 exercise minutes = 90
    10/3 exercise minutes - 10 - at least I got off my butt and did something
    10/4 exercise minutes - 30 min walking, 10 min crunches, wall pushups, squats, stretches.
  • psb13
    psb13 Posts: 629
    Options
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY to momofjanda!!!!! :flowerforyou: hope it's awewsome!!
  • tigersmoondiva
    tigersmoondiva Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Welp I was officially kicked out of the Biggest Loser thing (I am bloated - TOM:) On the upside - now I don't have to deal with that stuff which frees up some time!! YAY! I'm going swimming today:)
  • DefiningRaquel
    Options
    Sorry to tell you this . . . but the 3's are worse!!!! Everything is a struggle, eating, dressing, turning the light on, everything. Its this constant struggle between what he wants to do, what he can do, and what I'm willing to let him try. Its exhausting!

Today is my birthday so I slept in this morning (well slept in until 6 if you could call that sleeping in- no worries though I was up at 1:30am and 4am). So no run this morning and I am assuming I will go over on fat (its my birthday after all!!!!).

Today's Stats:

Weekly Stats:

Happy birthday. You deserve the day off. I hope you have a blast :)
  • sundancer1966
    sundancer1966 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Hi, here is my daily checkin!

Doing good this week! earned owls sun-tue : food 3, crunches, 2, and spirit 3. Yeah!!

Hope everyone has a great day!
  • missbeccaanne
    Options
    Just checking in, still mentally frazzled from my exam and trying to catch up on everything(the house is a wreck).
    Going food shopping today and I have already planned out the family's menu for the week, I have even started the man on soy sausage in the morning instead of bacon. So I am hoping it will be much easier than anticipated to switch the family to healthy eating. except the monster he seems to only eat fruit bread cheese and sugar. Trying to broaden his horizons I made chicken nuggets from scratch last night and he wouldn't touch them. I am really ready for this terrible twos to be over.

Today's Stats:

Weekly Stats:

yeah I have this uneasy feeling that his bad attitude is just going to carry on through puberty.
  • nieme
    nieme Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Just checking in, I ate pretty decently today and just completed my first day of 30 Day Shred. I've heard good stuff about it so I went and bought it to break up my treadmill / yoga exercise. I had a wedding this weekend and had to eat MIL's homemade cooking all weekend so I was very happy to see that I did not gain any weight when I got home yesterday!
  • azsuzi
    azsuzi Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Hi my wonderful friends! Just checking in for the day. I'm really rushed with homework tonight but I promise I'll post our chart tomorrow. In the meantime, here are this week's Prefects:

Scarlettdawn764 is our top weight loser with a 2.9% loss!
    momofJandA and _gwen tied for the most OWLS at 19 each - I guess you both get to wear the Prefects badge!

Badge instructions: remove all spaces and put the following in your signature:
    [ img]http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/s720x720/293170_581934208813_179201885_32311737_1832636409_n.jpg[/img ]
  • _gwen
    _gwen Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Congratulations Scarlettdawn764 and momofJandA!
  • NikkiMustang77
    Options
    Congrats to the Prefects!

Went shopping for some new Asian/Indian food today. We'll see how that tastes tomorrow.
    I'm not doing so hot on this fat thing.
  • kellyisloved
    kellyisloved Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    In spite of having a really poor day according to my diet (team dinner at work with tons of good italian food and treats), I had a nice little NSV moment.

A co-worker I don't work with often happened to be walking past me in the hallway and randomly asked how much weight I had lost (I've only lost 8 this round, but all total, I'm down a little more than thirty overall). After I answered that it was around 30, she smiled and said "well, however much it is, you're wearing it well."

Made me smile. :)

Congrats to our prefects!
  • Scarlettdawn764
    Scarlettdawn764 Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    Yay! So um, how do I go about putting the Prefect's badge in my signature? Lol
  • Scarlettdawn764
    Scarlettdawn764 Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    Yay! So um, how do I go about putting the Prefect's badge in my signature? Lol

Nevermind I figured it out! And also, checking in!
  • nieme
    nieme Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Got my exercise owls in yesterday and today.. I'm on vacation from work this week and I'm loving the "free time" to work out!