relationship question

Options
13»

Replies

• Lesley1962
    Lesley1962 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    We can't always fix past hurts, I think its best all round if you leave it now
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options

If 100 people tell you it was the wrong thing to do, what then?

She cries, she already said that earlier...
  • silkysly
    silkysly Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Did anybody get the part WHY I did it?

I am having a life changing operation.., I am donating a kidney to someone & I’m trying to make peace with my past. I wanted to say I was sorry, in case i don't get the chance to later. That's all. Maybe I was wrong, idk...
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    The main function of the kidney is basically to rid the body of toxins.

It doesn't matter what we think. You have your own reasons. If you are looking for solidarity you have to be prepared that posting in an open forum may not achieve that.

You asked a question and people responded. Some people have shown you a great deal of sympathy and understanding, but other people have not. It might not be what you were hoping for, but it's honest.

I hope the surgery goes well.
  • kennethmgreen
    kennethmgreen Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    The main function of the kidney is basically to rid the body of toxins.

It doesn't matter what we think. You have your own reasons. If you are looking for solidarity you have to be prepared that posting in an open forum may not achieve that.

You asked a question and people responded. Some people have shown you a great deal of sympathy and understanding, but other people have not. It might not be what you were hoping for, but it's honest.

I hope the surgery goes well.
    Outstanding.
  • jetscreaminagain
    jetscreaminagain Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    Did anybody get the part WHY I did it?

I am having a life changing operation.., I am donating a kidney to someone & I’m trying to make peace with my past. I wanted to say I was sorry, in case i don't get the chance to later. That's all. Maybe I was wrong, idk...

I don't know if what you did with him was right or wrong as there isn't enough info. What I do see here is a little drama dance: I'm doing a wonderful thing (organ donation) so I want tobdo another magnanimous thing (be the bigger person with the ex) but you know it wasn't so generous if it was about you feeling magnanimous. So you ask for opinions to make it feel better but you do it on a fitness forum which is a different choice for the reasons above,but it doesn't go like you'd hoped. So you let us know you're the kind of person who donates a kidney therefore it must've been kind. But it isnt satisfying because you told us the answer. (Oh! Kidney donation! Must be nice) so in two follow up posts you set up that the answer is you were nice and good and right and cue the nice strokes from the audience by ending them both with "IDK?".

If this is anything like how you run your relationships you may have a clue as to why they might be rocky and end bad.