Pilates

Options
I am just wondering if anyone here has done them before. I just started today and it seems great and I think it will definitely help to condition my body and boost the impact of my other exercise. However...I am getting down a bit to the nitty gritty right now....did ou lose some weight, especially in the abdominal area??
Thanks
Have a good day guys!!

Replies

• monicakelly21
    Options
    I am just wondering if anyone here has done them before. I just started today and it seems great and I think it will definitely help to condition my body and boost the impact of my other exercise. However...I am getting down a bit to the nitty gritty right now....did ou lose some weight, especially in the abdominal area??
    Thanks
    Have a good day guys!!
  • aphall01
    Options
    Hey there!

I actually teach pilates, and YES! it's a great workout! Basic mat pilates is great on the joints and a great alternative to high impact classes. Pilates will not neccisarily MELT the fat off, but it will give you a stronger core which will help in all areas of your life, increase balance, posture, strength. It lengthens the limbs (like a ballerina), but to answer your questions, it will help to flatten and *tighten* the tummy. Just give it a little time! : )

Good luck!

Lexie
  • jbuehrer
    jbuehrer Posts: 285
    Options
    LOL.. I'm too clumsy for pilates.. I did them today. How embarrassing for me. I don't know if I'm just not flexible enough or if it's not hard enough for me or if i'm too tall... It just doesn't do it for me.
    Give it a try... I know a lot of people who love it:wink:
  • deanea
    deanea Posts: 1,437
    Options
    I just added pilates to replace a weight day, ooooh I hurt after the first time......however, tightening the tummy, yes......... losing the fat on top of the new pilates tummy, thats all up to the new eating habits you are forming.:wink: