The scent of a man...

Options

Replies

• Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    When a man has a distinct scent, whether it be natural or his body wash or cologne, I melt.

Lets clarify though....a GOOD distinct scent! I've worked for multi-national companies for years and there are some countries where the distinct scent is BO, or BO mixed with cologne....gag! :sick:
  • SKP1986
    SKP1986 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    There's a candle company in my mall that makes Tommy Hilfiger scented candles and I buy them out all the time.... So for me, yes, as long as they aren't absolutely drenched in it.

It's the same with women's perfumes for me. There are some scents I really like, but too much of anything is a bad thin.
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Options
    When a man has a distinct scent, whether it be natural or his body wash or cologne, I melt.

Lets clarify though....a GOOD distinct scent! I've worked for multi-national companies for years and there are some countries where the National "distinct scent" is apparently BO, or BO mixed with cologne....gag! :sick:
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    dryer sheets and pit stick...i like my man smelling fresh and clean...no cologne or perfume or oils...just clean
  • Hoppymom
    Hoppymom Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    I have heard that Axe is very hard to get out of clothes. Someone told be that even after a shower her teen son still smelled like Axe, even though he had used soap and not reapplied the Axe. Yuck. Way too heavy a scent. I like my man to smell like leather and wood and hard work. MMMMMM
  • Laura32412
    Options
    My fiance usually doesn't wear anything but his Irish Spring deoderant and I love the smell. Sometimes I can smell the bodywash he uses, but it's not an overwhelming or annoying scent so I like it. Every once in a while he'll actually wear cologne, but it's so rare that I find it a treat when he does. Oh, and I can usually smell the detergent his clothes were washed in which always smells so fresh!
  • Banks01
    Banks01 Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    I got this as a gift one year, my female friends, GFs, and dates have all loved it. Sme a little too much (shirt stealers)

http://www.amazon.com/Lacoste-Essential-Sport-4-2-Toilette/dp/B003JTQYS6/ref=pd_sbs_bt5
  • Namaste1983
    Namaste1983 Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    I've explained this before and I'll explain it again.

In the shower:
    Body Wash: Canus Goat's Milk Soap
    Shampoo/Conditioner: Garnier products
    Facial Scrubs: St. Ives Apricot (once a week), Noxema

Shaving (The Art of Shaving Products):
    Pre-Shave Lavender Oil
    Lavender Essential Oil Shaving Cream [applied with Fine Badger Brush]
    Lavender After-Shave Balm

Deodorant and Moisturizing:
    Weleda Sage Deodorant Spray
    Aveeno Body Lotion with SPF 15

Dental Hygiene:
    Colgate Toothpaste
    Dental Floss

Cologne:
    John Varvatos or Ralph Lauren Double Black

A few take-away points from this:
    1. Between the baby soap with goat's milk and the lavender shaving product, it's no secret that I have sensitive skin.
    2. Most people wear too much cologne. The rule of thumb is that it should be worn daily, but only smelled by a lover.
    3. Most people don't floss enough.
    4. Shave with a straight razor. It's cathartic to dedicate half an hour to shaving your face and it always ends up looking better.
    5. There is no such thing as a "masculine" or "feminine" scent. Aromas do not have gender...that's really all about marketing. Santa Maria Novella's Melograno or Jo Malone's Lime Basil & Mandarin may be marketed to women, but mix one of those into your cologne regime guys.
    6. If you wear antiperspirant, you will sweat more.
    7. Care about how you look. If you care about how you look, other people will notice.

Cheers.
    -wtk

I JUST FELL IN LOVE....
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options

Lets clarify though....a GOOD distinct scent! I've worked for multi-national companies for years and there are some countries where the distinct scent is BO, or BO mixed with cologne....gag! :sick:

The distinct scent I am speaking of is the one that can't be described. It almost smells like cologne but it's not... :/
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    I use Guilty by Gucci :smokin:
  • writtenINthestars
    writtenINthestars Posts: 1,933 Member
    Options
    Gah not a huge fan of Axe...some of the scents are ok but some dudes don't realize they don't need to cover their entire bodies in it. lol

I personally would rather enjoy getting a sniff of a great scent when hugging, or sitting next to someone. If I'm standing 5 feet from you and can smell you...too much !!
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    Does the smell of diesel fuel work? :smokin:
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Options

The distinct scent I am speaking of is the one that can't be described. It almost smells like cologne but it's not... :/

haha...I know what you mean there though...my husband has one too, and its impossible to describe, but I love it!
  • azQmaster
    azQmaster Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    double pits to chesty
  • writtenINthestars
    writtenINthestars Posts: 1,933 Member
    Options

RAWR!!
  • Shanna_Inc86
    Shanna_Inc86 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    mmmm I miss the good smell of man :love:

Armani acqua di gio is one of my favorites...has been for years.
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Options

I've got a thing for 2-cycle motor oil smell. Mix that with a little marine varnish and I'm done :love:
  • zeeeb
    zeeeb Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    American Psycho- "I believe in taking care of myself, and a balanced diet and a rigorous exercise routine. In the morning, if my face is a little puffy, I'll put on an ice pack while doing my stomach crunches. I can do a thousand now. After I remove the ice pack I use a deep pore cleanser lotion. In the shower I use a water activated gel cleanser, then a honey almond body scrub, and on the face an exfoliating gel scrub. Then I apply an herb-mint facial masque which I leave on for 10 minutes while I prepare the rest of my routine. I always use an after shave lotion with little or no alcohol, because alcohol dries your face out and makes you look older. Then moisturizer, then an anti-aging eye balm followed by a final moisturizing protective lotion."

ha ha ha, yeah, that. seriously, it's a bit wrong when any man spends that much time on his beauty regime. men are supposed to brush their teeth, wack a bit of deodorant on and, out the door.
  • drog2323
    drog2323 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    No offense to anyone, but isnt axe more for the 16-20 year olds? Gotta go with the good stuff.
  • StarGeezer
    Options
    How does a mix of Old Spice and Ben-Gay strike ya? ROFL! :laugh:

When I worked in an office, I wore Polo or Drakkar, sparingly applied.