Breast Implants: Saline VS Silicone

Options
I have made the decision to get the implants. I have my consultation booked for Monday-Im incredibly excited. I lost 35lbs and much of my body fat percentage went down, resulting in a flat(ter) chest. I need opinions from those who have breast implants. I dont want any negativity asking me "WHY??" or telling me I should not. Its my personal decision and I am asking for advice on what to get, not IF i should get.

Should I go the saline route (which is cheaper) or the silicone route (about $1,000 more expensive)? I have heard that with silicone, the breasts are more realistic looking and feeling and that gravity (pregnancy and breastfeeding) wont affect them. With saline, Ive heard that they are more fake looking and that they cause "ripples" in the skin between the boobs and dont last as long. Im going under the armpit and under the muscle. I just need to figure out which one to get, which of course the doctor will explain but I want a womans point of view whos actually had them!

Im about a large B cup now, wanting either a large C or small D.

And how was recovery? Bad? Good? Ok?

I know that I wont be able to workout for a while :(

Thanks for your input!!

Replies

• MariFitBody
    MariFitBody Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    The same thing happened to me. But I dont want implants I want a lift. Would they have to instert anything to lift them or just cut excess skin? Im confused as to how that goes.
  • siabevis
    siabevis Posts: 811
    Options
    This is who Im using: http://www.theplasticdoc.com/
  • SarahxCheesecake
    SarahxCheesecake Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Interested in before and after pics (being sensible here), only bc it crossed my mind too...
  • cazjosjac
    Options
    My friend lost 50lbs. She had a boob lift. The result was excellent, she did not like the idea of having something foreign in her body. She can even get away without wearing a bra.
  • SarahxCheesecake
    SarahxCheesecake Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    My friend lost 50lbs. She had a boob lift. The result was excellent, she did not like the idea of having something foreign in her body. She can even get away without wearing a bra.

Did a lift make them 'look' bigger at all?
  • siabevis
    Options
    Interested in before and after pics (being sensible here), only bc it crossed my mind too...

yeah of course Id post before after... let me see if i can find a pic of how flat chested i am now...
  • jesc1234
    jesc1234 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I know someone who got them and they said the pain afterwards was like having a small elephant sitting on your chest, but if you were thinking about saline because of the cost, since they don't last as long you will have to get them redone sooner. Its hard to tell which ones really look more natural, I guess you could try to find pics and compare, but I think the biggest factor in how they will look when they are done, is the caliber of the doctor (and I guess how big you go, going form an A cup to a DD will never look to natural on anyone).

A cool thing about the silicone implants, they can save your life. Have you ever heard the story of the woman who was fishing and got speared in the chest by a marlin? Had it not been for the protection of her silicone implant, she could have been injured much worse and died before they could get her to a hospital.
  • siabevis
    Options
    DSC_0055-1.jpg

DSC_0009.jpg

DSC_0056.jpg

DSC_0002.jpg
    They look bigger here because they are pushed somewhat up and in a small top. I tried lol. I want more of a CLEAVAGE. I dont want to go crazy big. Just a little bit bigger. They are also not the same size, which of course most boobs arent.
  • siabevis
    Options
    I know someone who got them and they said the pain afterwards was like having a small elephant sitting on your chest, but if you were thinking about saline because of the cost, since they don't last as long you will have to get them redone sooner. Its hard to tell which ones really look more natural, I guess you could try to find pics and compare, but I think the biggest factor in how they will look when they are done, is the caliber of the doctor (and I guess how big you go, going form an A cup to a DD will never look to natural on anyone).

A cool thing about the silicone implants, they can save your life. Have you ever heard the story of the woman who was fishing and got speared in the chest by a marlin? Had it not been for the protection of her silicone implant, she could have been injured much worse and died before they could get her to a hospital.

Haha thats awesome! I guess it was the silicone gel? Thats cool...
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    An aquaintance of mine owns a small strip club. Silicone wins.
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    Mine were saline, but I had them done 7 years ago when silicone wasn't back in yet 100% safe...but if/when I get them redone I will get the silicone. As far as the feel of them they are fine, I had them done under the muscle. The only thing I don't do is workout my chest other than pushups.
  • siabevis
    Options
    Mine were saline, but I had them done 7 years ago when silicone wasn't back in yet 100% safe...but if/when I get them redone I will get the silicone. As far as the feel of them they are fine, I had them done under the muscle. The only thing I don't do is workout my chest other than pushups.

Oh gosh same here. I dont care about chest workouts!
  • skinnylove00
    skinnylove00 Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    SILICONE! honestly, why would you get ugly looking fake boobs when you can have real looking fake boobs? youre aleady spending tons of money, so why not go realistic so people wont have to guess if theyre fake or not
  • siabevis
    Options
    SILICONE! honestly, why would you get ugly looking fake boobs when you can have real looking fake boobs? youre aleady spending tons of money, so why not go realistic so people wont have to guess if theyre fake or not

THANKYOU!! :) Now.. HOW BIG lol. I have a small petite frame.
  • estelle74uk
    estelle74uk Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I had silicon implants about 6 years ago, I dont think in the UK they use saline at all? My clinic didnt anyways. But I am very happy with them. Going from a 30/32a to 30/e/32dd and very very happy. They are very natural. I cant remember what the pain was like very much, but I know that it was bearable. Obivously it hurts after for a little while, but you just need to rest and take good care of them. I still wear sports bras to bed every night to keep them where they should be!!

Feel free to ask any more questions or message.
    x
  • siabevis
    Options
    Did any of u guys get pregnant or breastfeed with implants? If so, how did that affect your implants? Im getting exciteddddddddd!
  • estelle74uk
    estelle74uk Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Sorry no to both, but I swear the surgeon said it would still probably be ok to breastfeed.
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    Most women can still breast feed after implants. Go silicone. When it comes to cosmetic surgeries you should never cut corners to save a few bucks. Do it right the first time.

I haven't done the boobs yet, but I have had a modified tummy tuck and a chin implant. I'm happy with my C cups, but I would like a lift. Generally with a lift you lose some size, so I may end up with the silicone someday too.
  • siabevis
    Options
    Most women can still breast feed after implants. Go silicone. When it comes to cosmetic surgeries you should never cut corners to save a few bucks. Do it right the first time.

I haven't done the boobs yet, but I have had a modified tummy tuck and a chin implant. I'm happy with my C cups, but I would like a lift. Generally with a lift you lose some size, so I may end up with the silicone someday too.

thankyou! will choose silicone!
  • Shanna_Inc86
    Shanna_Inc86 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    I know next to nothing but really want a lift and implant, so thank you for posting this thread and thank you to the ladies that responded.

I did have a friend when I was 19 who had implants. She had the J-Lo thing going for her before, nice rounded booty and A cup boobs. She went up to a C cup and until it slipped out at a party one night, I never guessed they were fake...she had the most perfect hour glass figure and they looked normal to me