Jogging Shirtless

Options

Replies

• Avalonis
    Avalonis Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    The way I figure it, if you have the chutzpah to go shirtless (or bra only), it doesn't really matter what you look like. It's more about you being comfortable in your own skin (literally, I guess), so let that shirtless freak flag fly.

If someone comments on it, then up your game a bit: run in Speedos.

Bahahaha, I LITERALLY did this at the hell run! Cowboy hat, Tiny Silk Manbriefs, and cowboy boots.
  • rpphillip
    rpphillip Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately I think if while jogging you have to much skin bouncing, do not go shirtless. It's just kinda gross. I am really sorry to say. Only in public though. What you do in your own home, doesn't matter. Also don't do short shorts if you've got bouncing thighs. Just my two cents.

I agree with this statment. save the shirt off for when you start to tone up and as a women I wouldn't jogg in just a sport bra for the same reason!
  • elsham
    elsham Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Outside: OK.
    In gym: No.
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    Outside is OK, as long as you aren't objectively gross.
    In the gym its terrible because you will get your sweat all over everything.
    Yuck.
  • AveryWays
    AveryWays Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    It's all about how confident a person feels. If they are comfortable running shirtless in the gym, more power to them. I for one would work out in the privacy of my home in my sports bra but I don't feel comfortable enough to do that on the treadmill at the gym.
    I'm my worst critic. :embarassed: Although when my trainer (the x navy seal) puts on the 40 lbs weighted vest on me while I walk/jog around the track outside, I so go in my sports bra and shorts. Once I'm in the zone, everything else around me is a blurr. :glasses:
  • alaskan_blue
    Options

Bahahaha, I LITERALLY did this at the hell run! Cowboy hat, Tiny Silk Manbriefs, and cowboy boots.

Pics please?!
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    I run shirtless all the time outside.

I'm not sure what I'd do if I was at a gym on a treadmill. I hate the treadmill so I wouldn't be on long enough to chaff. I did belong to a gym that had an indoor track, it depended on the temperature whether I wore a shirt. Sometimes it was chilly out there.
  • AmberLiscous
    AmberLiscous Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    I want to run shirtless.........wouldn't offend me unless your nasty.....but I have seen your pictures and I would love to see you run shirtless....just sayin :bigsmile:
  • Avalonis
    Options
    maybe a freind of yours on here meets you for a run for the first time, on here youve cut up, laughed, you know how hard he has worked, now as you prepare to run ,are you going to be embarrased by him going shirtless or do you do the right thing as you are his friend and be supportive..me personally I'm taking my shirt off and running with em if anyone says anything shame on their a**!

Kudos to you, I think I would do the same. The hell with what others think.
  • Avalonis
    Options

Pics please?!

When the Hell Run photos get posted, I'll share.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I'm surprised at all the people who think that fitness is an issue with this. Should we make people with unnattractive faces wear paperbags with eyeholes over their heads?

For me, the issue is sweat spray, and hair. That's all. I don't care about the condition of someone's physique.
  • rbryntes
    rbryntes Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    As far as the people talking about spraying sweat go... I spray sweat off my arms and legs, maybe my face, but not from my chest/back. I don't think that would have an effect...

You aren't the one being sprayed upon.
  • Italiana_xx79
    Italiana_xx79 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    To be honest.... I would enjoy the view :bigsmile:

But for real, it wouldn't bother me at all. Have you come across some rude looks and wondering if it is okay? I can't see why it would be a problem... I have never really noticed it before at my gym..
  • WillieEverlearn
    WillieEverlearn Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I hate chafed nipples. Lose the shirt and save the nips!

There is that. Maybe a bit TMI, but at marathons, you can sometimes spot guys affectionately (or maybe not so affectionately) called "Red Elevens." These are guys whose shirts have chafed their nipples to the point of bleeding, causing two red vertical stripes to appear on their shirts: red elevens.

So the cure is to run shirtless, or use Bodyglide.

Or to not be so excited about running a marathon.
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    Wear the shirt and run bottomless
  • Edithrenee
    Edithrenee Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    I dont really care one way or the other, and heavey people should be able to do it to. I really would be ther to exercise so why do i care what others are waring?

I mean i have to ignore girls running with bras on, that i might add....makes me feel more frumby..lol but that is beside the point.

If i was a skinny good looking girl, or guy, skinny or fat, i personaly would not go without a shirt because i dont like to make others feel down on themselves. But as for anyone doing it in front of me i could not care less really.

That is what is wrong with peeps now days there more concerned with what is going on around them or what someone else has then concentrate on what they are doing.
  • Helenatrandom
    Helenatrandom Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    People who don't want to see should look away! That's my opinion when I'm at the pool in a swimsuit (I'm a very large woman currently working at becoming merely a large woman :smile: ), and, though you asked us not to bring religion into it, I think consistency is a virtue. :laugh:
    But seriously, as long as you are following the gym's dress code, don't worry about what other people think. Some people will find sweat stains disgusting. You just can't please everyone.
  • Edithrenee
    Edithrenee Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    Wear the shirt and run bottomless

LMBO that is cute !! but seriously ...NO dont lol
  • KBGirts
    KBGirts Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    I don't mind a guy running shirtless, even if he has a tiny bit of belly fat... I said tiny, not beer belly. I don't like it when people use the weight machines without a shirt because their sweat gets all over the benches. I do hate it when women workout with just a sportsbra... I don't care how B-A their body is...
  • Troll
    Troll Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    there is a man down my road that does everything shirtless, and hes maybe 350lbs. That is not my problem. What is a problem is that if his gut didnt hang so low his junk would be on display. My rule? If i have to look at your (potentially hairy) nipples i dont want your buttcrack or oscar meyer in view. i also feel like this for women in sports bras. Get one that fits, because if your ladies hop out or bounce high enough to bust your lip, im going to point and laugh at you. now, from the other side of the mirror, i work out in bike shorts and sports bras and i will stop to eat your head off if you make obscene comments towards me.