Cheaters never win? What do you think?

Options
ninerbuff
ninerbuff Posts: 48,714 Member
So while training a client we were discussing football and some of the great players past and present. He also brought up that they as well as many Olympians use enhancement drugs (not just steroids, but drugs to enhance their performance) to beat the competition. I didn't disagree. But growing up I was, and I'm sure most were taught this way, that cheaters never win or prosper. Well the more I thought about it, I find the statement more as a "feel good" statement rather than a true one.
Fanny Mae, Freddy Mac, CEO's of hedge funds, politicians etc. have "cheated" to get money or ahead. Many an Olympian has been busted, but got their money before being caught. There are countless cheaters in the Capitalism market out there that cheat people every day and make millions. So to say that they don't prosper, I think isn't the right term.
Anyway after thinking about it, it made me come up with this question:

If you could "cheat" your way to having the body/physique in a week, would you cheat to do it? Or are your morals higher than that?
There's no right or wrong answer here, I'm just curious to see how many would honestly do it and see if cheating is a losing cause in this situation.

So would you or wouldn't you?

Replies

• leilani♥
    Options
    Hell yes I would cheat!
  • deeharley
    deeharley Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    I would absolutely cheat to get the physique. But I do wonder at what cost? Only extremely rich and famous people actually get away with it, and unless you handed me $50 million to go with my new bod, I couldn't pull off that part of it.
  • kbrown1171
    Options
    I hate to say it but I'll be an honest one -- I'd cheat. As long as no one was going to get hurt out of it. We all know it's a struggle be it 5 pounds or 100+ pounds. So, shame on me if you must.
  • jocelynna
    jocelynna Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    It's not that my morals are too high for that. I think when I first began this journey, I would say hell yes I would cheat to get the body I want in the long run, but now that I have change my lifestyle and am feeling healthier and better about myself, I would say definitely not. The reward of knowing what I am capable of is so worth the wait!
  • MFPAddict
    MFPAddict Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    If potentially harmful side effects weren't an issue, sure would.

I am enjoying working out, but would love to see the results much faster.
  • fabi8081
    fabi8081 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I don't think I would. I am such a goal/list oriented person that wouldn't give me much satisfaction. Every year I make a list of 10 things to accomplish during the year and I try to have at least 80percent of it done. So part of the satisfaction of getting to the goal would not be there. I don't think I would cheat to get there.
  • joehempel
    joehempel Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    If anyone says no theyd be lying to themselves.

If you could take a pill. Get a shot and ut would make you more marketable, get you higher pay and enable you to do your job better who wouldn't take it? Sports is just like any other thing on life...its a business.
  • nanceeg
    Options
    You can cheat! You can get lipo-suction, breast reduction, muscle implants (have you seen Carrottop lately???) I would love to cheat but I am too chicken to have surgery.
  • sharonsjones
    sharonsjones Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I couldn't cheat. I would so much rather work hard for something and the feeling of accomplishment that I get of "I did this all by myself". Also say you did cheat and got the bod you wanted in a week. Would you be healthy, how long does the new body last? You would still have to work at it to keep the new body.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    No surgery or physical complications. You just get to have the body you want. So would you cheat?
    123456654321 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    If there were no negative consequences.....could you still call it cheating?
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    I couldn't cheat. I would so much rather work hard for something and the feeling of accomplishment that I get of "I did this all by myself". Also say you did cheat and got the bod you wanted in a week. Would you be healthy, how long does the new body last? You would still have to work at it to keep the new body.
    No complications. You would be where you want to be.
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    this isn't like your taxes. if i could find a way to cheat, i would.
  • tiggerbounce411
    tiggerbounce411 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    My morals are higher than that, HOWEVER, in that I am also honest enough with myself to say yes, I would cheat to get it in a week. I have NEVER been anything but overweight and unhappy with my physique. If I could get it in a week, and there were no harmful consequences You BET YA I would.

And @Nanceeg...Carrot top looks now like a mutant zombie freak or something..he was funny as a skinny little thing...now he just looks, enhanced.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    If there were no negative consequences.....could you still call it cheating?
    Lol, how many CEO's , and banks have gone on trial for the complete scam they ran on America so they could make money?
  • sharonsjones
    sharonsjones Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    No complications. You would be where you want to be.

I still couldn't cheat. some bad Karma would come my way and I'd get hit by a car or something the next day. lol
  • ninerbuff
    Options

And @Nanceeg...Carrot top looks now like a mutant zombie freak or something..he was funny as a skinny little thing...now he just looks, enhanced.
    Carrot Top is totally on anabolic steroids. And believe it or not, much of Hollywood men are on "HRT" treatments as well.
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    Heck yes I would. Ive worked really hard at this for a year... I know now what it takes and how to do it. Its just a matter of keeping at it until I get there. So, if something could suddenly give me my goal body - Id snatch it up in a heart beat.
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options
    I would always know, so no, I could not do it. I'll just work my rear off and be proud of what I have accomplished the healthy way.
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    I would cheat in a heartbeat. I don't even have to think about it.