Greek Yogurt, yay or nay

Options
JennS19
JennS19 Posts: 642 Member
So I'm trying my first taste of greek yougurt right now, it's strawberry flavored from Yoplait and I have to say, I'm not really liking it.

I've heard so many good things about greek yogurt, how it's high in protein and super yummy, but for me, it's way tart and I'm not digging it.

I guess I like a sweeter less tart yogurt. What do you think?

Replies

• Krizzle4Rizzle
    Krizzle4Rizzle Posts: 2,704 Member
    Options
    I did not like the yoplait at all. I then tried Chobani, which was decent. But then I got the dannon oikos non fat strawberry fruit on the bottom and I love it!
  • MartiTennisMom
    Options
    I didn't like the Yoplait, or the Fage, they were too creamy...but I tried Chobani, and I love it!
  • theraylene
    theraylene Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I really like it--but it is tart, and that takes a little getting used to. Try adding it to fruit or putting it with granola to sort of spread the tangy-ness around. It is awesome, plain, on a baked potato--instead of sour cream.
  • wifeygonzo
    wifeygonzo Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I love Greek yogurt! Not much a fan of the strawberry, but the blueberry & honey flavors are good. Try some other flavors and other brands. I especially love the Greek yogurt from Fresh and Easy, but their Greek yogurt isn't low fat or fat free, so it has way more calories, but is way more yummy too ;)
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    NAY! In order to make it not taste like flavourless baby food you need to add fruit so whatever protein you got from the yogurt, you just quadrupled your carbs with the fruit.

Plus its 2-3x more expensive than regular yogurt. I'll take my Source/Silhouette 35 cal, 0 fat and almost 0 sugar fruit yogurt any day.
  • ruststar
    ruststar Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Fage is the only brand I like.
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    Chobani is way better! I love greek yogurt!
  • trybefan
    trybefan Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    Yeah, the Yoplait is crap. I love Brown Cow, have been eating it for a few months, 5 days a week
  • cingra10
    Options
    Never tried Yoplait, but I eat Dannons and I have come to enjoy it. Like most yogurt I think it's a taste you learn to like.
  • happymiche
    happymiche Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    A huge YAY from me! I prefer Chobani, but I actually haven't tried a brand I don't like. I'm not big on the plain though (but I don't like plain regular yogurt either).
  • acostilow
    Options
    Oikos nonfat vanilla is fantastic! Pair it with some grapenuts, granola, pineapple, honey & cinnamon for an amazing breakfast.
  • alexa_image
    alexa_image Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Today I tried the Fage brand plain greek yogurt with honey
    mmmmmmmmmm I'm in love with it now.
    Love it
  • zooflute
    Options
    Love it! Fage is my favorite, and I often use the plain as a substitute for sour cream.
  • LotusLoo
    Options
    Yes, I also vote Chobani.
    I love the pineapple one. I buy the large container of nonfat plain flavor to use in my fruit smoothies (usually for breakfast).
  • SueN113
    SueN113 Posts: 46
    Options
    Definitely love Chobani- black cherry and raspberry are my favorites!
  • bstilland
    bstilland Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Love Fage Greek Yogurt!!!!
  • papa5280
    Options
    Most regular yogurt is way too sweet for my taste. But I love the tang of Chobani. Something about the bitter & sour along with the sweet that I really like.
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Yoplait is not actually real Greek yogurt..

See here:

http://www.snack-girl.com/snack/yoplait-greek-yogurt-healthy/

I suggest Chobani, Stonyfield Greek or Fage (all REAL)

Go for the high protein, low fat benefits. Plus, regular Yoplait has more sugar than a Hershey's Bar. No thanks.
  • JennS19
    JennS19 Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Is it always so thick? This stuff like like cement!
  • jonesz922
    jonesz922 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Nay... I gagged at the thickness of it. I am a yogurt lover too. But everyone else seems to love the Chiobani, even my 2 year old!