Pics: 160 to 130 :)

Options
sc1572
sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
Today, I finally realized just how far I've come. Before using MFP, I was at my highest weight, around 160 my junior year of high school. When I started MFP a few months ago, I had lost some and was down to about 150. Now, here I am at 130. This is the lowest I have been since dancing for a company my freshman year of high school, and I am now a sophomore in college.

I couldn't find any good before pictures, and today on Facebook, this randomly came up. Seeing it made me want to take a progress picture, and I couldn't help but cry. I feel like a totally new person, and even though I still carry most weight in my stomach, have hard days, receive ridicule from friends and family, sprained my ankle over the summer, and am not at my goal weight yet, I know I've come so far.

From someone who wouldn't think twice about eating a whole pizza with dessert, who couldn't even run for two minutes without stopping or who always looked to food for comfort...I've become the someone who does at least 60 minutes of cardio a day plus strengthening, believes in healthy food that tastes good, treating my body right, treats in moderation, and is training for a half marathon for charity...this is me. And this is who I want to be for the rest of my life. No going back!

If I can do it, so can you! Thank you SO much MFP, and especially to my MFP friends! You are all AMAZING and so inspiring! <3

P.S. Ignore my messy room and my cat's glowing eyes on my bed :)

before.jpg
^Summer 2010

Motivation001.jpg
^October 2011

Replies

• j_g4ever
    j_g4ever Posts: 1,925 Member
    Options
    great job!!!
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    Good for you.
    Hard work.
  • CaoimheAine
    Options
    You look fantastic ! And this is honestly so motivating and inspiring to me. Thanks for sharing :):) xxx
  • npez
    npez Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    so amazing! you just showed me my beginning and my end. thank you for helping get me on track!
  • kellie182
    Options
    That where I want to be good work you look GREAT!!!
  • ConnieSG
    ConnieSG Posts: 376
    Options
    You look awesome!!
  • timanda2
    timanda2 Posts: 149
    Options
    what a motivation...you look awesome!
  • YogiGirlLucy
    Options
    You look amazing! Your hard work really shows! Enjoy your heathy, happy life...and that rockin' body! ;)

Lucy
  • ginabina13
    Options
    Great work!! You look great!
  • DannyMussels
    DannyMussels Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    Your body looks fantastic, but I'd be more worried about whatevers hidin behind your pillow!!!!!!!
  • LadyOfOceanBreeze
    LadyOfOceanBreeze Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    classic photo! even the kitty knows not to mess with
    :wink:
    wonder woman:laugh:
  • daves160
    daves160 Posts: 600
    Options
    you look fantastic! great work! you should be proud of your accomplishment.
  • PoeRaven
    PoeRaven Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Look at you! What a transition...you go girl!

Love the glowy-eyed kitty. LOL
  • elizabethdear95
    Options
    You look wonderful!
  • SummerLuvR
    Options
    Great job!!! you look awesome :))
  • evansproudmama
    Options
    AMAZING!! Thank you for the inspirtation today :-) Way to Go!!!
  • CharityEaton
    Options
    That is AWESOME!!! You look great!!! What an inspiration for me! Your start weight is the same as mine and I am hoping to get down to 130 too! Halfway there right now!!! You will definetly be one of my motivators!!! WAY TO GO!!!
  • goblue443
    Options
    i am a junior in college, so i know how hard it can be to stay on track with all of the stress and temptation around you. this makes your accomplishment even more awesome. GO YOU
  • cyndigre
    cyndigre Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    That is an awesome change:) You should be very proud and i see that you are:)
    :flowerforyou:
  • jeninabilan
    jeninabilan Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    You look wonderful!!! GREAT JOB!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!