If you've had kids...

Options
Can you really get back to the size you were before you had kids or is it just not possible? What do you think? What's your experience?

Replies

• beccarockslife
    beccarockslife Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    I think it's possible, but your shape may be different.
  • tuneses
    tuneses Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I'm 14lbs and a dress size smaller than before i had my kids. I'm 10 months post partum with my last :)
  • lindalou0703
    lindalou0703 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I got back to the weight I was before I had kids, I put it back on when I hit my 40's. You can do it :)
  • fairygirl716
    Options
    I'm smaller now than I was before kids. I'm a size 4 and I was a 14 before I got pregnant with my first. I'm actually smaller than I was in High school...smallest I've ever been. So yes, you can get back to pre pregnancy size....but your body will never look the same.

My skin is stretched and jiggly, but I'm so much healthier! That's what really matters!
  • PoeRaven
    PoeRaven Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Definitely possible. I did it. If I can do it, anyone can.

keep on keepin' on...
  • JenFerguson1
    JenFerguson1 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I have a 6 month old son and im almost 50lbs less than I ever was before I got pregnant! I'm a size zero now! Trust me, put your mind to it and it will happen!
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Can you really get back to the size you were before you had kids or is it just not possible? What do you think? What's your experience?

Yes. My wife lost all her baby weight in 3-4 months without working out, but was breastfeeding.
  • MrsSpinks
    MrsSpinks Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    My older sister is a UK size 6 after having two kids (smaller than she was pre-kids) and she is my insperation!
  • mamitosami
    mamitosami Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I, too, have lost all the weight and more. I am the slimmest I've ever been in my life! And the fittest! If I can do it, so can you!!! I am more determined and disciplined than ever, so I've seen the greatest results.

115734.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • aaleigha1
    aaleigha1 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    you can easily lose the the weight but your body is likely to be a different shape to what it was before
    6 years ago I weighed less than I did when I left school :)
  • lizzie2190
    lizzie2190 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I also weight less than before i had my 2 children however my belly is horrid ! x
  • cassiopeia1975
    Options
    i lost all my baby weight after having my older two children, then i had my darling twin girls and i cant seem to shift it ... think its because im older now too...but i will keep trying :)
  • beamishcas
    beamishcas Posts: 226 Member
    Options

My skin is stretched and jiggly, but I'm so much healthier! That's what really matters!

That's how I know I will be.... but I hope with all the exercise it will tone up a bit.

I am actually 25 lbs. lighter/thinner now than I was when I was pregnant 18 years ago. but i'm still not where I was when I got married. which is my ultimate goal.
  • jojopel
    jojopel Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I was back into my pre-pregnancy jeans five weeks after having my first. I was very fit when I gave birth, I started walking two weeks after giving birth and I was nursing. Stressful events and my 40s happened and I gained :grumble:
  • MzMiller1215
    MzMiller1215 Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    I don't think...no, I KNOW that I will never get back to my pre-pregnancy weight because that was 102 lbs, which wasn't really a healthy weight for my height. I also noticed that even after losing weight, I have difficulty losing fat in my stomach and hips which wasn't a problem before my 4 children came along. :smile:
  • Banks01
    Banks01 Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    Definately.

I'm sure this was primarlity aimed at women, but men can gain too. With our first, I gained 15 due to our eating habits changing. With the second, I watched myself.

In both cases she got back to near her original weight within a year (but we were very active)
  • nixickle
    nixickle Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I was a UK size 10-12 before I fell pregnant. I am now a size 8-10....my 17month old helps keep me on my toes! My shape is definitely different and my abs were split through pregnancy so I have a bit of loose skin on my tummy, don't think that will ever go, but it really can be done! Keep up all the hard work!
  • louisebear
    Options
    im still battling my pregnacy weight, my son is gonna be four in december....so four years and i can now button up my pre preganacy jeams :O)....very wobbley belly. I still have another stone to loss.
  • TiffanyA2008
    Options

Nothing is impossible! With hard work and dedication, you can get there.. I am FAR past my pre-pregnancy weight and am wearing smaller jean sizes.. Of course my youngest is almost 2 years old now. I have two little girls turning 4 and 2 soon. I am getting my body back and I am so excited about it!!!

NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE!!!
  • slynnmiller
    Options
    Im smaller than I was before kids. my belly isnt as tight but Im definitely smaller..