30 DS Easier when I substitute music :)

Not sure if anyone else will use this tip but once you have done the 30 DS enough times where you know it well, try turning down the volume and watch it but do it to your favorite music. Maybe it's psychological but I enjoy it more this way. I don't really care for the music they use so this helps me. Just thought I would share. If you use this tip let me know if you liked it better. Just make sure you really know what to do very well before you eliminate JM's brilliant words with your favorite work out music. I've watched level 1 so many times I was talking along with it each time. lol :) Have fun!

Replies

• aWashCloth
    aWashCloth Posts: 198 Member
    I'm right there with you. I actually have my anime music videos playing on my computer (which is right beside the tv i do the 30ds on) and if I focus on that it makes the time go sooooo much faster! I just have Jillians voice loud enough so I know when to switch exercises.
  • squishycow7
    squishycow7 Posts: 820 Member
    I've done the same thing!! I think I tend to jump/do reps to the beats, haha
  • sarah307
    sarah307 Posts: 1,363 Member
    great idea!! this is so simple, why didnt i think of this before !?
  • cjack19
    cjack19 Posts: 158 Member
    Totally a great idea!!! Going to do this tomorrow!
  • bambier
    bambier Posts: 32
    I thought about doing this last night, I think I'm convinced now to do it today!
  • JennS19
    JennS19 Posts: 642 Member
    Yeah Jillian can get a little............ummm, how do I put this nicely.......annoying as hell some days. :laugh: I love doing this as well, turning down the volume and using my own music kicks me into high gear a lot of the time and I find that I have a higher calories burn because of it!
  • raqufern
    raqufern Posts: 794 Member
    Hmmm I am on day 6 of level 1 so I think I am going to try and do this tonight when I do my workout! Ill let you know how it goes!