this is a rant about something positive

Options
13»

Replies

• femmerides
    femmerides Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    Going back to the OP, what bugs me is that it is still acceptable to too many people to call a fat person a "whale." You can say being overweight is unhealthy, fine... but what makes it okay to call someone a whale? We all know it's meant as an insult. Fat may not be a good thing to have, but it does not make you a bad person. Most of us have some kind of issue we struggle with in our lives; weight just happens to be more readily apparent than a whole host of other issues, some of which are far more serious and unhealthy.

I agree.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent" - Eleanor Roosevelt.

LOVE THIS QUOTE!
  • RangerSteve
    Options
    We women, we gain weight because we accumulate so much wisdom and knowledge that there isn't enough space in our heads, and it spreads all over our bodies.
    We are not fat, we are greatly cultivated.
    Every time I see my curves in the mirror, I tell myself: "How amazing am I ?! "

Seriously?

I'm pretty chill about people and their own lifestyles but crap like this just annoys me. Yes, let's use mental gymnastics to justify why we are the way we are instead of trying to improve ourselves. The quitter attitude strikes again!
  • femmerides
    Options
    We women, we gain weight because we accumulate so much wisdom and knowledge that there isn't enough space in our heads, and it spreads all over our bodies.
    We are not fat, we are greatly cultivated.
    Every time I see my curves in the mirror, I tell myself: "How amazing am I ?! "

Seriously?

I'm pretty chill about people and their own lifestyles but crap like this just annoys me. Yes, let's use mental gymnastics to justify why we are the way we are instead of trying to improve ourselves. The quitter attitude strikes again!

it's so not the quitter attitude. maybe that specific part is a little skewed but the bigger picture is what matters. it's never okay to call a "fat" person a whale. lol. and society has SO many messed up views on what "healthy" is.
  • TS65
    TS65 Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    Why is "a girl that i know but who obviously doesn't like me" able to comment on your FB page? I'm glad you defriended her, but you may want to re-evaluate who you allow to see/comment on your page. Just sayin.
  • femmerides
    Options
    Why is "a girl that i know but who obviously doesn't like me" able to comment on your FB page? I'm glad you defriended her, but you may want to re-evaluate who you allow to see/comment on your page. Just sayin.

to make a long story short, she and her best friend were old co-workers of mine and at one time they were cool. her friend had a daughter a few months before i had my daughter and since then our daughters have been best friends. soooo...even though i wasn't a fan of this girl that didn't like me, i didn't delete her because i didn't want to start drama with my daughters best friends mom. i also blocked my posts from her but she would still go to my page and stalk me. lol. at least now she is completely blocked. and so is my daughters friends mom because i don't want the mean girl to log in to her account and harass me even more.
  • Silverkittycat
    Silverkittycat Posts: 1,997 Member
    Options
    So, the woman upset at "whale" turns around and insults mermaids? And that's okay? :huh:
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    So, the woman upset at "whale" turns around and insults mermaids? And that's okay? :huh:

Yeah all us slim people are angry, miserable, don't have any friends, and can't have any children (wonder why that's ok to make a part of this like in the original post?)
  • femmerides
    Options

Yeah all us slim people are angry, miserable, don't have any friends, and can't have any children (wonder why that's ok to make a part of this like in the original post?)

definitely not. it's not okay to insult anyone. if you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all.
  • SkateboardFi
    SkateboardFi Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options

i always figured since a mermaid had a fish bottom half she could at least lay eggs...no?
  • jayliospecky
    jayliospecky Posts: 25,022 Member
    Options
    I dunno', but after the last Pirates movie I have never looked at mermaids the same way again.
  • tjradd73
    tjradd73 Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    OK....very simple...if you are happy being fat, then good for you....stay fat!!! Some fat women (such as the women in that pic) CAN still be beautiful even though they are in an unhealthy weight range and at risk for multiple "diseases" because of it; but we all have our choices, and we all have our preferences...to each their own right?!

I know that I PERSONALLY was NOT happy being fat, having a high blood pressure, and being at risk for so many diseases...so i fixed it!! Instead of sharing that nightly bowl of ice cream with my son...I am gonna pass, and share MANY more years with him instead!
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options

definitely not. it's not okay to insult anyone. if you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all.

Exactly. It's not ok to insult anyone. That is why the original "whale" and "memaid" story is extremely offensive to thin people.
  • Iamfit4life
    Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options

Exactly. It's not ok to insult anyone. That is why the original "whale" and "memaid" story is extremely offensive to thin people.

who cares. we're just thin people. Seems to be ok to offend us. lol
  • GymRatRaceRunner
    GymRatRaceRunner Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I think it is a common perception that thin people have thicker skin than thick people...
  • ladyhawk00
    ladyhawk00 Posts: 2,457 Member
    Options
    Dear Posters,

I wanted to offer a brief explanation for the locking of this thread.
    The forum guidelines include these items:

4) Do not attack/slam/insult other users. The forums are here so that members can help support one another. Attacks or insults against each other takes away from the supportive atmosphere and will not be tolerated. You can discuss the message or topic, but not the messenger - NO EXCEPTIONS. If you are attacked by another user, and you reciprocate, YOU will also be subject to the same consequences. Defending yourself, defending a friend, etc. are NOT excuses. Violations of this rule are taken very seriously and may result in being banned without warning! If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.

7) No explicit, sexual, offensive, insulting or vulgar content or language. This includes any explicit or "risque" images. The MyFitnessPal forums are rated PG-13.

If you would like to review the forum guidelines, please visit the following link:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/14923-forum-rules-please-read-before-posting

At our discretion, this locked thread may be deleted entirely in the near future.

With respect,

Ladyhawk00
    MyFitnessPal Forum Moderator
This discussion has been closed.