sick of FB..

Options

Replies

• sblair77
    sblair77 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I love FB. I only have family and close friends. So many of my friends are starting families and have moved away do to the Military so it's such an easy avenue to keep in touch.

I don't have anyone on my list that posts things that annoy me...and if I don't agree I just ignore it or pass it.
  • caligirl2802
    caligirl2802 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I'm one of the few that love it... I have re-connected with family members that I had lost contact with. I've also reconnected with a lot of my high school friends. When I lived in the US it was a good way to share my adventures with my family, now that I'm back in the UK its a good way to share my adventures with my friends :)
  • andrialindsay
    Options
    I closed mine about a week ago. I miss "stalking" my friends and family and some of the connections on there, however it has been healthy for me. Too much drama and too much time spent on there. I want to connect more in the real world! Yet here I am on MFP. lol, but this is different cause I am actually gaining health benefits... not just wasting time :)
  • mmmichelle8486
    mmmichelle8486 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I permanently deleted my account last week. Best.decision.EVER! People use it as an outlet for things that really should be kept private, and really there is so much drama. I'm over it.
  • emy10284
    emy10284 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    as another poster said way to many hurt feelings from it so i closed mine last week it stopped being a source of entertainment for me so i got rid of it now i just use twitter and MFP and i love it that way i dont know anyone on twitter so it still is just a way to have mindless entertainment
  • BeLightYear
    BeLightYear Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    Closed my account over a year ago, best decision ever!
  • syiyi
    syiyi Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I closed mine a week or so ago too. I realized I can be working out rather than wasting my time on FB.

=) yes!! I feel ya.
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    i love it. 762 friends and i never have drama (although i do have a dozen or so people that i can't delete 'hidden' so i never see their updates). when i had 2000+ 'friends', i had drama all the time so i deleted the majority of them. now it is just old high school acquaintances, family and current friends.
  • PBJunkie
    PBJunkie Posts: 652
    Options
    i love it. 762 friends and i never have drama (although i do have a dozen or so people that i can't delete 'hidden' so i never see their updates). when i had 2000+ 'friends', i had drama all the time so i deleted the majority of them. now it is just old high school acquaintances, family and current friends.

How do you manage to have 762 friends? Do you simply invite everyone on sight?
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    Got rid of mine and now it keeps messaging my phone saying I can deactivated any time I want. Uh. The point was to get rid of it.
  • JustEllieK
    JustEllieK Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    "Uggghh this is going to hurt him more than anyone" Wtf WHO?? "Nobody. I don't want to say on Fb"

^^ I hate these FB posts!!

Those that deleted before this last month. Yall should be happy. It sucks rocks now!! Too many d*mm changes!
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options

How do you manage to have 762 friends? Do you simply invite everyone on sight?

nope. i never invite. ever.
    i'm just that popular. *wink*

my high school was small (graduating class of 96) and everyone was friends with everyone so that accounts for 350 or so, my large family take another 150 or so and the rest are dear friends from college or in the current city i live. when i had 2000+, if was because i included people i worked with (mostly authors). they are gone from my facebook account now and i just keep in touch with them through email.
  • sarad777
    sarad777 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I have an extra 20 minutes to half hour in the mornings to exercise now. Not even for one second do I miss having facebook. I look back and wonder why I ever signed up!
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    I love FB. I don't understand why people complain about "stupid postings" when you can choose your friends. You can also opt out of seeing status updates from certain people. I never have drama with FB, and I have over 400 friends. I like staying connected to family and old friends, and because I work at a high school, I can also keep in touch with our alumni and current students. I enjoy having my FB.
  • Ebbykins
    Ebbykins Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    I actually closed my account! anyone feeling the same.. lol

I quit 2 weeks ago, never EVER EVER going back. MFP is my new healthy hang out which is far less addictive (for me) and I get to do something I enjoy, stay healthy with others. So many people not worth my time on FB as much as I miss the family link, we've all started texting and emailing one another more and putting in actual effort to talk with one another now that I'm not on there, and I realized it was just a brain sucking pit of doooooom.
  • Ebbykins
    Ebbykins Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    deactivated mine too. it was only making me angry.....way too many political opinions and fake smiles. Not to mention watching people actually "delete" people from their lives over an internet debate. Ridiculous. I was also spending WAAAY too much time on the games....AND comparing my life to other people's....which is stupid, considering its all a bunch of filtered CRAP.
    All I saw there were smiling happy pictures, and then I'd get messages about how miserable people were. What?
    I feel SO much better having deleted it.
    I do miss being in touch with people, but the important ones know how to get in touch with me and vice versa.

Exactly!!!! I feel this sentiment so much.
  • asyouseefit
    asyouseefit Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    FB comes in handy when I want to contact someone whose phone number/e-mail I don't have. Then again, maybe I don't have their phone/e-mail because it's so handy to contact them through FB? The chicken or the egg?

I used to like following people's updates but now my feed is cluttered with shared articles/news/celeb pictures/music clips which I don't care about. Now I just check my feed once or twice a week!
  • addjkd
    addjkd Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I think it is good for some things, like keeping up to date with relatives and such. I do get tired of reading what someone is doing every minute of the day or who feels what about which political issue, which is why I have never been on Twitter. On top of that, many don't think about what they're posting. Indicating you are on vacation is a great way to get robbed, plus potential employers check it out to see what is posted. College pics with drunkfests aren't a great identifying mark. I made the mistake of using a similar password at one time and ended up with fraudulent charges on paypal and itunes as a result. Just be careful and sensible. :)